Hideout is a great mod...

Started by PZ, November 10, 2009, 07:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... it gets better with each feature I try out.  Was playing with the teleporter last night and discovered this by reading the information in the computer terminal in my science lab:

• Go to the teleporter and you will find a portable teleporting amulet - pick it up
  • Exit your hideout and go somewhere (anywhere) to test out the device (I went to Megaton)
  • Once I was in Megaton, I opened my PIP and checked the Aid section - the portable teleport unit was in the list.
  • Click the teleporter and you are instantly transported back to the main unit in your hideout.
  • Do whatever you want in the hideout and then enter the teleport unit to go back to exactly where you first started (Megaton, in my case)
The cool thing is that you can be anywhere in the F03 world, teleport back to your hideout, and then back to your original location.  :-X This could be to drop off weapons/ammo/armor, etc, or to pick up a weapon, etc. you need for your current situation.

deadman1

I just spent an hour collecting and organizing my stuff from my Megaton house in my new home  ;D, it took me a while to fond the weapons room but oboyoboyoboyoboy what an amazing amount of things there was *wipes chin*.
One question though, what in the world are you supposted to do in here? *see pic*

[smg id=1653]

Art Blade

I just installed the mod too :) I had the same question in mind. Looks like a kitchen of sorts... :)

By the way, I don't seem to be able to get my buddies (Charon and dogmeat) to enter that place without cheating, any chance to persuade them?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

@deadman - that is the display room where you can display trophies, etc. you've collected during your wanderings.  Although I've not figured out yet how to use it, I'm planning to place a bobble head stand in that room

@Art - You might try some of the companion mods to see how they w@&k - I've not had any problems getting dogmeat to follow me into the hideout.  One thing I've noticed with other companions - the first time you lead them to your hideout, they stand outside the main entrance, but when you go up and then back down again, they will be with you.  Then interestingly, they will stand in the room with the ladder for a while, but eventually they have all descended into the hideout - one of they yesterday used the toilet, and another used the guest bedroom for sleeping.

Art Blade

the hideout already has a bobblehead display. Nice and cute, and you should have run into it already a couple of times... it's just the blue thing in the wall you see when you enter that hideout  ;D Actually, it was the first gimmick I found in there, next to the secret door :)

and yes, I suppose some of the mods make the buddies do things they won't do without... might need to check those mods. I tried to go outside and back inside to no avail, but then again, it sometimes just takes a little time for the AI to get used to new environment.

Ah, a display stand... just click on an item in your pipboy so it drops -- onto a stand :) At least that's how I did it when trying to place stuff in Megaton that I had gathered somewhere.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 12, 2009, 05:32:15 PM
the hideout already has a bobblehead display. Nice and cute, and you should have run into it already a couple of times... it's just the blue thing in the wall you see when you enter that hideout  ;D Actually, it was the first gimmick I found in there, next to the secret door :)

and yes, I suppose some of the mods make the buddies do things they won't do without... might need to check those mods. I tried to go outside and back inside to no avail, but then again, it sometimes just takes a little time for the AI to get used to new environment.

Ah, a display stand... just click on an item in your pipboy so it drops -- onto a stand :) At least that's how I did it when trying to place stuff in Megaton that I had gathered somewhere.

Cool - did not notice the bobblehead display - will need to look for it.  Good tip about the display room too - will give it a go  :-X

Art Blade

just to clarify: "right click" items on the pipboy display will drop them, a left click will select them.

Here you can see Charon inspecting those little mupp... er, mannequins  ;)

[smg id=1654 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

Regarding above screenshot: How to force your buddy to visit the underground hideout and how to remove the HUD, please check this post :)

Art Blade

Quote from: deadman on November 12, 2009, 12:25:59 PMI just spent an hour collecting and organizing my stuff from my Megaton house in my new home

Hehe, I'm right on it, finding boxes in the armoury that have inscriptions such as "melee weapons" etc very useful :)

Only it was a quick trip to my Megaton house: First I went to the teleporter device in the UHO (underground Hide Out) and got that thing into my pipboy (why do I always want to say "pimp boy" as in boy with pimples). Then I went outside and did a fasttravel to megaton, went to the ladies restroom where I used to store extra stuff, then went inside my house and enabled god mode so I wouldn't have to worry about overweight/overload of my inventory. I emptied all containers there and marked the ID of that nerving robot called Wadsworth, Then I hit the teleport item on my pimpboy and whoops... back to UHO. I was carrying stuff worth around 2,600kg  ;D Then I had Wadsworth relocate using the "moveto" console command...

Now I have him and my buddies in the UHO, and currently I am stuffing all those boxes and lockers etc... I really like those "sort items" gimmicks. Like, next to the workbench, it automatically sorts the stuff needed for a specific handmade weapon into a dedicated box... cool! And the fridge in my quarters sorts the booze off my inventory into the fridge... I love it. The guy who did that mod sure knew why he invented that place. Couldn't agree more with him, these sort functions and countless containers and lol, those mannequins... all that takes care of what used to take most of my time (finding containers to keep my stuff sorted).

Really most useful this mod :)  :-X

[smg id=1655 align=center width=400]
in the armoury

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 12, 2009, 08:40:15 PM
Cool - did not notice the bobblehead display - will need to look for it.

Here: :)

[smg id=1656 align=center width=400]

PZ

That's great - thanks - how do I drop my bobbleheads onto the shelf?  When I right click, they just fall to the floor.

Art Blade

please take a look at the pic again, and look slightly to the left of my character, there on the wall next to the bobbleheads shelf is a violet/blue-ish lit square... that activates the shelf and sorts out the bobbles :)

Art Blade

hehe, I've had some fun dressing those mannequins  ;D

[smg id=1661 align=center width=400]

PZ

Thanks for the hint on how to w@&k the shelf - sure does look like you have a great collection of armor!  :-X

Art Blade

my pleasure :)

And yeah, the armour... especially those you can see best: they're from a funny quest, some guy thinks he's kind of superman and some girl thinks she's a bee (or was it ant?) queen lol  ;D

The UHO teleport device is nice. My companions (buddies) were left behind when I teleported to the UHO and they were still there when I teleported back. Apparently they don't realise you're gone :)

PZ

Interestingly if you use the companions mod, anyone you "recruit" (and you can recruit almost every non-hostile character you encounter) will teleport with you.  The teleport feature is one of my favorite aspects of the hideout.

Art Blade

Maybe it's got to do with me not patching the game. I think one of the patches resolved an "issue" of NPCs sometimes not following you into a location like a house. But I'll manage anyway, so will Charon and dogmeat (my mod keeps them safe) :)

PZ

You're probably correct about the patch - my dog always teleports with me and goes wherever I go.

RedRaven

Been reading through the mod index, when I got to this one I pressed the link, took me to fallout3nexus, so far all good, then to download it wants me to register. This happens with all the links i tried on the index page. Was that the case for anyone else? Are there any alternative locations to get them from?
Cheers. :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

You could try this site which has many of the same mods:

http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/mods/list/

I too am reluctant to register for every site that wants me to, but this one has lots of information that is useful, especially the mods.  I've not tried many other sites other than the one above and the official site.

Art Blade

I know the post is long, but if you read beyond the index, you might notice this:

Quote from: deadman on October 21, 2009, 12:19:54 PM
Art: the FO3 nexus com needs you to register in order to download files bigger than 2MB.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com

;)

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳