Crashes

Started by deadman1, November 09, 2009, 12:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I´m getting numeros CTD:s (crash to desktop) when playing FO3 lately and I was wondering if any of you who have a number of mods installed have experienced any? I have only the House terminal mod installed.s

Ricamundo

I get the odd crash where my PC spontaniosly re boots, but it seems pretty random. I dont think its heat related.  Also occasionally the game minimises to the bottom bar, but i can just clixk it back to normal. I had experienced both of these before i installed any mods, btw.

from what ive read, these things seem to be fairly common, with or without mods
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

FO3 without mods (and well, with my own ArtMod) tends to crash randomly, but not very often. However, it is only recommendable you save after and before special events. That means "A LOT" :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I've not had problems since I patched to v1.7, but had only rare problems before that.  I'm running at least 8 or so mods and have not had a crash at all.  I'm using the Fallout 3 Mod Manager so that I can even set the order of how the mods load.

Ricamundo

Is there a patch that came out after the GOTY edition? I assumed it was all patched up by then, so i havent checked for anything.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Mine was version 1.002 or something like that believe it or not!  It was so old that I had to download the new version of Games for Windows Live before I could install the patch without it failing and corrupting the install.  Right click the Fallout 3 executable and check the Details tab for your version number.

Art Blade

mine still is, 1.0.0.12  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Quote from: PZ on November 09, 2009, 04:41:02 PM
Mine was version 1.002 or something like that believe it or not!  It was so old that I had to download the new version of Games for Windows Live before I could install the patch without it failing and corrupting the install.  Right click the Fallout 3 executable and check the Details tab for your version number.

Sry what's an executable?

PZ

oops - the executable is the application that begins the program.  It is found in your Fallout 3 folder and is called Fallout 3.exe (or similar)  if you have folders view set to display extensions.  If your XP is plain vanilla then you probably don't see the extension, but there are only a couple of files that begin with "Fallout 3"  right click each of them in turn to examine the properties and look for something that looks like a version number.

Ricamundo

Ok, it says 1.7.0.3 if that means anything.

PZ

It means that you have the latest version - should be good to go.  :-X

On an aside, it is interesting that running F03 on my Vista64 machine seems to be more stable than some of the XP machines.

Ricamundo

Just a heads up, if you ever discover a rather obscure area called The Oasis, there is a mish therein that i couldnt complete because a scripted conversation caused my PC to spontaniously reboot twice. :D I googled it, and apparently im not the only one.

PZ

Thanks for the heads up  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳