Out of ammo

Started by retiredgord, November 09, 2009, 05:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

:-[ Well what a way to have to try and do some gem gathering. Simply put there
was Marty trying to gather some more gems to buy some good stuff and decided to get the ones around the Growers operations. Silly M goes in during the daylight fighting through several groups of mercs and thinks he has it all sewn up and settled. As he heads down to the shack that has the diamond he is spotted by more mercs and is chased down to the river and along the bank. Cheap Marty did not bu the ammo upgrade and did not stop to get a special weapon fron the nearby gunshop so stupid Marty runs out of ammo. What's left? Trusty Mike the rusty machete..that's what's left and some IED's instead of a pistol for the convoy mission is my armament. The cruel jokes that those following me must've been telling as they chased me away with their shotguns blazing. Well I had to try to live so I started dropping IEds running back and waiting for those goofs to walk in range. I took out 3-4, I didn't do a bod count. This may not seem like a memorable moment but it was the chase along the bank that my vid card decided it was older than me and started to regenerate the scenery at about, it seemed to me, about 10 frames per minute.  Hahaha I'm laughing (actually crying) as I can't move forward or back, I turn amazingly slow and I get to see how they did all this fine art w@&k for the scenery. It was cool until I get hit by gunshots and see the flash 10 seconds later. Oh and watching the weapons materialize from thin air and change positions with nobody holding them was another cool thing.
   It was a long 15 min or until I finally got caught in one of those spots where I couldn't move at all and I had to shut down the 'puter and reboot. Thankfully I had saved at a nearby safehouse so I started the gem retrieval all over but not until I had gone to the gunshop and got me a SAW. Things were very different in the next play.  lol. I kicked a$$.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

Great one retiredgord...
You just pictured one thing I love in FC2... the "go there and do it" spirit... improvise... sometimes you are so into the game that just can't stop and think through about what you are about to do... just the taste for blood in your mouth and a will to kill...  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
Oh and it feels good when you come back for more, doesn't it?  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Gord, I do hope you get a new vid card soon so you don't have to embarrass yourself infront of some mindless mercs again  :) sad and funny at the same time, your story :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome"

Gunny Highway ..."Heartbreak Ridge"

Good movie  :) and good motto for FC2  :-X

retiredgord

The good thing about embarrasing yourself in front of these mercs as they don't really live long enough to pass on the stories. If I run out of ammo shame on me, if they laugh about it Die by me.  lol
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Quote from: retiredgord on November 10, 2009, 05:22:55 AM
If I run out of ammo shame on me, if they laugh about it Die by me

That's worth quoting  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good idea - sounds like a great signature line for Gord   ;D

fragger

Quote from: retiredgord on November 10, 2009, 05:22:55 AM
If I run out of ammo shame on me, if they laugh about it Die by me.  lol

Great line, Gord :-X :-X

I can imagine George W. Bush mangling it, though:
"If I run out of ammo, shame on... shame on... er... you... Kill me once, you can't kill me again!"

Art Blade

hehe,

Bush: "I want to quote a veteran I know, he coinded the phrase 'If I run out of ammo, shame on you, and I shall laugh because you can't die by me.' I think that's what he said, yes."

Tags:
🡱 🡳