Hooked on FO3

Started by Ricamundo, October 23, 2009, 04:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Just had a look at the latest screenshots I posted, regarding mods that change the grey environment into a "green world" with cleaned air (fellout), and thinking about that I like to show that dog and my funny looking companion (my mod version of Charon, looks like George Washington a bit, like PZ stated). Then I thought, actually, this is what FC2 could have been like. A buddy that walks around with you and together you fight... <sigh> but at least we have two worlds. FO3 and FC2, each one has its pros and cons. However, it shows there are ways of doing this and that, so there should be a way to stick both ideas ("worlds") into one game. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Same thoughts here - quite often as I was roaming through the FO3 world I thought that these elements would have made a spectacular FC2.  Combine the beauty of the FC2 graphics and FPS elements into FO3 and you'd truly have a winner.  Imagine:

• civilians wandering Bowa and Leboa - and being able to speak with them if you choose
  • being able to recruit people you meet into being your companion (how about having a friend man that GL in your AT)
  • having an outcome of the game that is based on how you play the game rather than a scripted ending
  • experiencing hostility of the mercs at guard posts only if you are hostile to them first
  • add a silencer to that Dragunov or AS50  ;D
  • being able to create new maps and new missions for others to enjoy.
The list keeps growing in my mind every time I play FO3  :-X

Ricamundo

Agree totally. PZ. 8) There's so many great things about both games, it's hard to know where to start. I keep theinking about how amazing FC2 looks compared to the vanilla version of FO3, but FO3 has all these cool missions, not to mention all the stuff out there to collect, buy, sell, use. FO3 is FC2's ugly step-sister who's "easy". ;D

One thing that keep crossing my mind, as i near the end of this FO3 playthru(pretty much only the tail end of the MQ, then i hope Broken Steel) I remember a post in the Bethesda forums way back(i've been reading thru posts from last year into spring '09) The poster said he couldnt remember any other experience in gaming that matched the feeling of being alone and virtually helpless, as he emerged from Vault 101 for the first time. He said, it would never be the same after that. I vividly remember coming out of there into  darkness, armed with only a baton and a BB gun. Pretty overwhelming stuff! :-X
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Quote from: Ricamundo on November 18, 2009, 03:22:37 AM
... FO3 is FC2's ugly step-sister who's "easy". ;D

...The poster said he couldnt remember any other experience in gaming that matched the feeling of being alone and virtually helpless, as he emerged from Vault 101 for the first time. He said, it would never be the same after that. I vividly remember coming out of there into  darkness, armed with only a baton and a BB gun. Pretty overwhelming stuff! :-X

That's well said - the vanilla version of the game really is the ugly step-sister of FC2 - although a visually modded FO3 is tons better than the stock version.

I too felt quite helpless with a BB gun - have to laugh about it now - going out into a mutant-infested wasteland with a BB gun!  ;D

Art Blade

Hehe, I too felt a panic attack coming on strong when I was purged from the safety of vault 101. Even more so as for some reason I couldn't find Megaton and instead visited that Raider-infested school compound  ;D

deadman1

Why didn´t you grab some of the securityguards psitols on the way out from vault 101? And there armor and helmets?  ;)

Art Blade

Oh I did  ;D And in the vault, I beat the living crap out of one of the SnakeTunnelRats or what that gang was called, just couldn't stand how they treated that girl  ;D

PZ

Quote from: deadman on November 18, 2009, 12:33:57 PM
Why didn´t you grab some of the securityguards psitols on the way out from vault 101? And there armor and helmets?  ;)

I just ran away when I got the chance just like a little girl  ;)

Art Blade

Heh, this playthrough I chose to use a female character. Was quite funny, how the little girl (me) beat the crap out of a TunnelSnake until blood droplets splashed across my screen  :-*  ;D By the way, I like it to punch someone out. Just un-equip your weapon and draw your fists, then "shoot" a punch  ;D

Art Blade

<sigh> it IS a huge world to explore.  :)

[smg id=1693 align=center width=400]

PZ

I enjoy using the power fist - looks cool and packs quite the punch.

PS: dogmeat looks less like a pig today!  ;D

Art Blade

good dogmeat, hehehehe  ;D I like the .32 pistol for a change, and spiked knuckles  ;D

retiredgord

@Ricamundo, almost my thoughts exactly on the game. I'm wandering about with near 400 caps but feel like gutting Moraity cuz he keeps upping the info cap count. I should teleport him into FC2 so I can cap him with the machete lol. Yes all, it is a very great game and I'm havin loads of fun.  I shouldn't be allowed to have this much gaming fun.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

why... you'd probably be gaming, anyway  ;D

PZ

Glad that you're enjoying the game Gord - looking forward to some of your impressions and stories  :-X

retiredgord

PZ I will try and do some small walkthrus when I get back home. I may have to restart the game as I will not be able to save the game I'm playing here in Texas, unless someone knows how to save data from the PS3. I'll ask my son-in-law but since today is my last full day (Sat) I'll be hard-pressed to find and solution. We're attending my granddaughters ballet of the Nutcracker in which she's the mouse that gets shot by a cannon. She's 7 and is very bright. I gotta see this one.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

a USB drive... sounds so simple :)

PZ

Great one Fiach - this also means that we could upload zipped PS3 saved games for any game.

Looking forward to your experiences Gord - I'm playing on PC, heavily modded, but absolutely love the game  :-X

Ricamundo

Gord, if there's any chance you could get FO3 for the PC, i mean i know it's still pricey up here, i highly recommend it, as the mods available can totally update and improve on the original. 8)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I can echo that - FO3 on the PC is orders of magnitude more fun than playing the plain vanilla version, at least for me.  This is entirely due to the mods that you can add that adds new quests, lands, NPCs, etc.

Art Blade

info:

NPC = non-player character(s) as in "other people" (or monsters etc) in the game

PZ

Well fellow FO3 friends, after playing with mods for the past couple of weeks, I've found what I like best and have actually started playing the game for real.  I must say that it is an entirely different experience from what I had with the plain vanilla version of the game - loads of fun, and tailored to my liking.

The story is quite immersive, and it is a good idea to have a descent memory because the story line is quite detailed.  I'm still enjoying this game plus Assassin's Creed2 on most days.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on December 06, 2009, 05:46:51 PMit is a good idea to have a descent memory because the story line is quite detailed.

Do you mean it's better to forget everything so the experience lasts longer?

lol, sorry  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳