FO3 mods <index updated>

Started by deadman1, October 21, 2009, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

FO3 mods <index updated>
OK peeps, this topic has grown big. I have difficulties finding anything quickly, so I reckon it's about time to create an index. Just click on the link to jump to the post with details about the mod. Use your browser's back key to return to the index.
/Art

01 Added weapons
02 Sniper rifles / scope zooming mod
03 Sprinting
04 Combat Enhanced Tactics
05 Underground Hideout
06 Fallout 3 Custom Vector Maps v3/ Fallout 3 Flash Map
07 Pip-Boy Console Codes / Pip-Boy Cheater
08 Satellite Map of the Wasteland
09 Fallout 3 Mod Manager (FOMM) / Fallout Script Extender (FOSE)
10 DC Interiors Project
11 EVE - Energy Visuals Enhanced
12 Fellout
13 RTS - Real Time Settler
14 Weapon Modification Kits
15 Texture packs (Terrain pack/Rivet City pack/Megaton pack/Rocks pack)
16 RobCo Certified
17 Green World
18 SVD Dragunov
19 Art Mod
20 Artorps Zooming Scoped Weapons
21 Enhanced Night Sky
22 Better Living Through Chems
23 MTC Wasteland Travellers
24 Amplified Crippled Effects
25 Destroyable Environments
26 BuildableBotsV0-3a
27 Drivable Motorcycle
28 Sharing and Caring Companions
29 TheOutbreaks Wasteland Moods Series
30 Ultimate Perk Pack
31 Alexscorpions Sniper Gear
32 Owned
33 RR Companions Vault
34 Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow v2
35 Mini Hideout - Player Home - Katanas
36 Better Crosshair - FPS Style
37 Larger Dialogue Menu
38 No Scan Lines or Distort Effect On Pipboy
39 OTS Camera
40 Megaton Expansion Project V03
41 Megaton Enclave Hidaway
42 Megaton caverns nuclear lab and playable fire hydrant
43 MMMF3 - Increased Spawns
44 Grey Sky
45 FreeBuilding V05
46 SCC Dogs
47 Respawn6Hours
48 RespawnandNewBosses
49 Psychotic Wasteland- Serial Killer
50 The Pre-War Collector
51 Tchos Vault 101 Sealed Wing - player home
52 Wasteland Revisited Overhaul
53 Wasteland Fort
54 Rockville Commons
55 Fallout Stutter Remover
56 FF Interactive Bobbleheads
57 FF Destructible Radios
58 Faster Moving Character
59 Megaton Lighting Overhaul
60 Megaton Grass Mod
61 Mazas telephones
62 Lockpick and Hacking Mod
63 Lockpick - Bobblehead now bobbles
64 Key Man
65 Invisible Combat Armor
66 Necromancer
67 More Map Markers
68 More Hotkeys
69 Purge Cell Buffers
70 Clear Skies
71 Color Hi-Detailed map and icons
72 Starter Pack
73 The Skeleton Pin
74 The Fight for Survival
75 Vault 101 Army Convoy Wreckage
76 Wasteland Travel Caravans
77 Free Play after MQ
78 Levelers Truck Trailer v20
79 The Human Catapult
80 Killer Shades
81 MrSlackPants-NightVisionGoggles
82 PipBoy Lighting Pack
83 Remote Explosives ADVANCED
84 Fallout Street Lights - Wasteland
85 Pipboy Readius
86 Accuracy International AS50 Sniper
87 Rivet City Loft Apartment
88 DDS Converter 2.1
89 Fallout 3 Configator
90 Colt M4 Carbines
91 Alien House Theme Conversion
92 Knightmares Prewar Clothing
93 M14 Sniper Rifle
94 Arsenal Mod RC2
95 Owned
96 FNNCQ - slavery overhaul
97 Steady Aim
98 A Trail of Crumbs

Just a very useful tip, in case you experience any problems with mods. I had an issue with a mod and PZ came up with the following tip. It worked just great. /Art

Quote from: PZ on November 16, 2009, 01:17:01 PM
(I learned the hard way) - disable the mod, load a saved game that you can sacrifice, save the game, and then reload it again.  One time I'd installed a mod that caused game crashes and after removing all of them, the crashes still occurred!  Loading and then immediately saving a game fixed the problem, [...] Evidently, something had occurred to corrupt my saved game file.

FO3 has tons of different mods, a good place to find them is on the official forum here:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=10b404bdff77e96e71b789305d6bde47&showforum=45

I hope it´s ok to post a link to another forum here, seeing as on some other places I know of that´s a huge no no. If not then would a moderator please delete this  :-[

EDIT: PZ: no problem about posting other sites here deadman - we're into accurate dissemination of information no matter what the source.

Planet Fallout is another great mod site

PZ: This one has hundreds of mods, many of the ones I'm using came from here

Art: the FO3 nexus com needs you to register in order to download files bigger than 2MB.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com

EDIT: Any mod that you see listed with a yellow title and has a green edited comment is one that has been tested and does not conflict with other mods (unless specified otherwise)

Art Blade

that's perfectly ok, thanks for the link  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

@Art - yeah, FC2 is still the only game that I come to time and again - hope to find another like it one day that generates the same excitement.

@deadman and all others - at OWG we're all about the love of gaming, so external links that anyone finds to anything useful to our membership is appreciated.  In fact, it is nice to be able to go to one place and have all your questions answered either by asking, or by finding it in the numerous posts.  I certainly appreciate the highly detailed advice that I've receive whenever I've had a question that required an accuracy response.  :-X

PZ

Added weapons

Here is one that adds 12 weapons to the game: adds twelve new weapons to Fallout 3. Including a Nuclear Sniper Rifle, .44 magnum smg, Nuclear Shotgun. You can find them in the Holden Arms Inc. Research Center. The research center is located in the ruins of Fairfax.

The weapons are found in the research center and weapons vault. Bring plenty of stimpacs because the area is overrun with feral ghouls. There are two bosses each with 1000 health(half of what a super mutant behemoth has).

With the exception of the Nuclear Shotgun the weapons use fallout 3 models

12 new weapons

PZ

Sniper rifles

This is a really good .50 cal sniper rifle found just outside the vault 101 entrance on the ground.  I'm using this one now - accurate and highly destructive.

:-X :-X :-X
EDIT: I've tested and use this sniper quite a bit.  The appearance of the rifle (and reticle) are stock, but it packs quite the punch.  The accuracy is much better than the stock version, and I recently (11-09-09) installed a zoom feature that is outstanding.  Use this scope zooming mod for great results

These are reasonable sniper rifles as well, and one of them is a silent sniper (found on the front desk of the Tenpenny lobby)

PZ

Sprinting

A much needed mod, this one lets you hold the "run" key and you will sprint much like in FC2 - your breathing will change to enhance the immersion.

Sprinting mod

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
EDIT: I really like this mod as well - when in the 3rd person view, you shoulder your weapon and start sprinting - you can cover ground quite fast depending on your health point value.  This one adds a function that is sorely missing in the vanilla game - imagine if you couldn't sprint in FC2!

PZ

Combat Enhanced Tactics

Changes the A.I. for NPC's, companions, NPC's from other mods so that they behave more appropriately during combat.... these setting add realism and the tactical feeling of combat from other games.

Combat Enhanced Tactics mod

:-X :-X :-X :-X
EDIT: this mod works great and adds better jumping to boot.  The foes tend to run away and try to hide when wounded - much more realistic combat.  Each added mod makes the game feel more like the FPS games that I tend to like.  We now have the best of both worlds and you can play the game in any style that you like.  :-X

PZ

Underground Hideout

This one is really cool - it is an underground place to rest and relax in the waste land.  You have all the comforts of pre-war world - pure water from a waterfall, a bedroom of your own with all the amenities, and two guest rooms.  You have lab facilities, and armory, and even hydroponic gardens.  You can drop off your stuff here for storage until you need it.  It even has a water purifier that will cleanse all of your contaminated water.  Real cozy, this one.

Underground hideout

EDIT: - this is my favorite mod to date.  Installed it on 11-09-09 and it works great.

EDIT2: A new version of the hideout available 11-10-09 v3.3

EDIT3: 01-04-10 - Version 4.35 is now available, and has a mini-quest in order to get the key to the hideout.  Among other new features, you can now instantly teleport to a variety of places.  It also seems like the performance has been improved.  The author also has posted a walk-through on the quest to aid you in your efforts.

New Features:

• Harvest Cave Fungus from Bedroom garden
  • Terminal now overrides Door during lockdown
  • Book Shelf added
  • Book sorter in Terminal
  • Buy another Telport Device from Terminal (1000 caps)
  • Buy Melee weapons from terminal
Bug Fixes

• Fixed game crash when adding teleport device to containers or when it is taken
V3.3 DLC

• Can purchase Melee weapons from terminal
  • Can harvest Cave Fungus in Bedroom
  • Punga Fruit added to Hydro Room
  • Door must now be overridden by terminal (-.. --- --- .-.)
  • Can buy more Teleport Devices from Terminal ordering System (1000 caps)

Ricamundo

Cool finds. 8) I've already installed 3 of them, and i'll have tio try them and make sure they w@&k ok before i get any more. :-X
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Ricamundo

Oh, i just noticed the underground hideout mod. That sounds way cool too, but i already have my house in Megaton, but i may get that mod anyways. Cheers!
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

The nice thing is that you can easily uncheck the mod if it doesn't w@&k and you're good to go - then delete it out of your data directory and you're done.  The hideout is way cool - like a palace compared to the Megaton place.

EDIT: this is a short video clip (from the author, I think) regarding the use of your underground hideout.

[smg id=1638 type=av]

PZ

Maps!

This package contains printable PDF vector-based maps as well as new hi resolution in-game maps (the one you see in your PIP).  The printable ones are outstanding in quality - you can mark up these paper copy as you wander through the F03 world.

Fallout 3 Custom Vector Maps v3

EDIT: This one is a must have - it is a flash map that has all the locations on it - click-able, searchable, and even has embedded PIP maps and screen captures of the item locations.  If you have 2 PCs, or two monitors, this could come in really handy.  Check it out; you won't be sorry.

Fallout 3 Flash Map
Fallout 3 Flash Map

EDIT2: Here are a few screen captures of some of the features of the flash map - it sure would be cool to have a feature like this built into the hideout so you could smoke your pipe while perusing the map, Sherlock Holmes style   ;D

You can list just about anything you want to see on the map - these are just a few:
[smg id=1647]
You can click an item and see the local map which displays its position
[smg id=1645]
More information will automatically rotate through the display - this rotation shows a screen capture of the building in which the item is located
[smg id=1646]
... and this one shows the table on which it resides
[smg id=1644]

PZ

PIP Boy Easy Cheats

These two mods look interesting:

Pip-Boy Console Codes
If your sick of Alt-Tabbing to get codes and commands for the Fallout 3 Console then this is the mod for you!

Pip-Boy Cheater allows you to get a few special console items right from your PIP

PZ

Satellite Map of the Wasteland

This one reminds me of D_B's FC2 map, but without the icons.  8000x8000 in size, it offers a highly detailed view of the F03 wasteland.  It is a big download - 58 mb in jpg format!

Download link

Here is a tiny crop to give you an idea as to it's appearance
[smg id=1643]

EDIT: use this in conjunction with the No scan lines mod, and setting your PIPBoy to amber for a much more appealing map view, complete with color map markers. /PZ

I use it with a replacement mod of the pipboy, called Readius (not the PDA version) which removes scanlines on the fly, yet I use white pipboy colour (looks like the pic above) and it works just fine  :-X You get easily addicted to using a better pipboy map once you've seen it on your own screen :) /Art

Art Blade

wow, I like the stuff you found and posted here, the hideout sure looks cool :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks Art, I absolutely love the hideout - reminds me of when I was a child and I would create the perfect fort - all is destroyed up top and is dandy below in your safe place.

Ricamundo

OK, i funally got the Hidout mod to w@&k. The Hidout.esm file had to be moved into the main Data folder, where the othewr mods esm folders were, then it worked just fine. now i have another small problem. theres quite a few messed up textures inside the hidout that are huge red blocky things. I think i remember seeing a fix for that tho.

PZ

It sounds like the folder structure might have been a problem which would lead to the .esm being in the wrong place.  If that is the case, then the subfolders might also be in the wrong place.  Also the ArchiveInvalidation mod recommended at the download page is important for textures to w@&k properly.

PZ

Fallout 3 Mod Manager (FOMM)

This one is essential to effectively manage the numerous mods that will be appearing in your game  ;)

A collection of utilities related to both creating and using mods. Current features include:

• One click mod installation and removal
  • Setting active mods and changing load order.
  • Extracting bsa's
  • Repacking bsa's
  • Low level esp editor and script compiler (TESsnip)
  • sdp editor
Fallout 3 Mod Manager

Some mods require this script extender which works seamlessly with FOMM

Fallout Script Extender (FOSE)

The Fallout Script Extender, or FOSE for short, is a modder's resource that expands the scripting capabilities of Fallout 3. It does so without modifying the Fallout3.exe or the G.E.C.K. files on disk, so there are no permanent side effects.

Fallout Script Extender (FOSE)

EDIT: both of these are essentials - if you don't have them, get them before you install or use any mods.

PZ

DC Interiors Project

Have you ever thought about scabbing the DC wastes, even though, the super mutants may horrifically and violently rip your heart out? Have you said to yourself "D*** the torpedoes, I am going Downtown anyway", only to find once you arrive that 99% of the shops and houses are all boarded up? Have you ever seen a building on the horizon, thinking you'll head there, just to find nothing of interest, nothing worth investigating? If so, this mod is for you!

DC Interiors Project

PZ

EVE - Energy Visuals Enhanced

This mod will make you start using energy weapons. If you already are a fan, then try not to mess your trousers. To start with, EVE introduces:

• TWENTY-FIVE new custom animated "Critical Kills" for laser/plasma/pulse
  • ALL new custom muzzleflashes for all laser/plasma/pulse
  • ALL new custom enhanced projectiles for all laser/plasma/pulse
  • ALL new realistic animated impacts for all laser/plasma/pulse
  • ALL new high-quality textures for all laser/plasma/pulse
  • ALL new sounds for laser/plasma/pulse/robots (ALL energy weps in FO3)
  • NEW custom explosions for Plasma/pulse Grenade/Mine
  • New "Crit hit effects" for laser/plasma
  • New customized meshes for laser/plasma/pulse
  • All "unique" unergy weapon variants are now overhauled "Classic Fallout" weapons!
  • New awesome model for Pulse grenades (thrown)
  • New mesh for Pulse Mines!
  • Pulse weaponry introduced to FO3 (all aspects: sounds, impacts, ect.)
  • Outcast's "Shredder" grenade introduced to FO3

EVE - Energy Visuals Enhanced

PZ

Fellout

200 years since the bombs fell and somehow everything is tinted green? Dust in the atmosphere, even
if it could magically last 200 years, would tend to make things red not green.

Fellout changes all that. Fellout gives a harshly lit world more reminiscent of the Sahara Desert,
though due to popular demand, (and if Enhanced Weather - Rain is installed), some areas of downtown
DC will have rain.

Fellout also neutralises indoor lighting. It doesn't make indoors any brighter or darker, but due
to Fallout 3's HDR adaptation, sometimes places will look brighter or darker. This was present in
the original game. Every light in the game has been degreened and with the new (1.0.15) addition of
fellout-brokensteel.esp then the Presidential Subway and new airforce base will also fit in with
Fellout's vision.

Check out this before and after:
[smg id=1648]

Fellout

EDIT: I installed and began using this mod on 11-09-09, and am very pleased with the results.  The environmental color is much more appealing. /PZ

There are two different versions of Fellout inside the archive. "Full" means, really dark nights, as in pitch black. The other mod is called Fellout-SOTD as in Scared Of The Dark, nights are not pitch black. If you choose Full, I highly   recommend the also included pipboylight mod which massively increases the light strength and radius of your pipboy. The vanilla pipboy flashlight, in comparison, would be like trying to use the phosphor glow of your grandpa's wrist-watch to enlighten the environment :) I also highly recommend you get a good night-vision device, like MrSlackPants-NightVisionGoggles /Art

PZ

RTS - Real Time Settler

Getting bored with fallout 3? Enter Real Time Settler (FO3:RTS)!

A free mod for fallout 3 that lets you set up your own settlement anywhere, yes, anywhere in the fallout 3 universe. Want to build a settlement on top of the rivet city flight deck? How about on the side of a cliff? In the middle of the DC ruins? Or how about on the destroyed overpass next to the abandoned car fort? Heck, you can even found a settlement on top of nothing but water! You can do all this and so much more! You can place structures in full, free form, 3D! Want to make a staircase to let yourself and your villagers walk up the side of a cliff? No problem! Want to make a sandbag wall to block the back entrance? Done! How about a wall made of the various cars you see around the DC wastes? Done! In FO3:RTS you can build your own town to your exacting specifications.

You will be capable of maintaining a thriving settlement with up to 20 NPCs who will hail you as their leader. Make sure they have enough food, a working water supply, and that they are happy living under your rule. Trade with the default settlements found in the Fallout 3 universe (Megaton, Paradise falls, Rivet city, the Republic of Dave). Even better is that you are not limited to the items provided by the mod. If you really liked the look of the clean white sofa sitting outside the megaton shelter you can make some rough blueprints of it and hand it over to your (player built) academy and start building it all over your settlement! How about that "holster your gun or get shot" sign you loved from Dukov's palace? Yep, you can blueprint that too!

If building a thriving city does not satisfy your builder's itch enough, you can defend your settlement from (mod created) Raider attacks! You can dictate when the attacks occur as to not overwhelm you, but when you call down the thunder be ready to reap the whirlwind as these raiders are TOUGH! Equipped with Missile launchers and more these bad boys will put your skills to the test! FO3:RTS let's you create, manage and defend your own Fallout 3 settlement anywhere you like, however you like!

RTS - Real Time Settler

PZ

Weapon Modification Kits <-click

Allow you to use standard Workbenches to modify your favourite firearms with a range of handy attachments:

• Auto-Fire Mechanism (AF): Adds full-auto firing capability to most guns that do not have it otherwise (also increases weapon spread by around 50% and reduces weapon to 65% of its default accuracy in VATS).
  • Extended Magazine/Clip (EC): Doubles magazine/clip capacity.
  • Laser Sight (LS): Increases accuracy (reduces weapon spread by around 33% and increases weapon accuracy in VATS by 25%).
  • Scope (SC): Can use scope to sight targets, increases range by 30%.
  • Silencer (SI): Makes weapon silent, reduces damage and projectile speed (by around 10% each).
In addition, the loving attention bestowed upon your weapon during modification results in durability improvements. Each successive mod applied to a weapon increases its durability by 25% (of its base durability).

edit: added missing link /Art

PZ

Texture packs

Replaces landscape/ terrain textures and bumpmaps for FALLOUT 3.
The default game textures and bumpmaps and have a typical resolution of 512x512 pixels. These textures have all been replaced with real-world photograph-based equivalent textures, and you can choose 3 different resolutions to suit your PC.

Here is a screen capture of the comparisons (go to the download link to see the original hi-res images):
[smg id=1649]

Terrain pack
Rivet City pack
Megaton pack
Rocks pack

Check out this image of the Rocks mod - compare the default and max resolutions - impressive although this pic does not do it justice!
[smg id=1651]

EDIT: In combination with Green World and Fellout, these three mods have made the experience much more appealing in a visual sense.  It is now pleasant to be in the game, and you wonder what is behind that tree, etc.  The textures in this mod makes the graphic experience much more realistic. /PZ

Several of the very high resolution mod versions are BIG (download size about 200MB) so be careful what you're going to download ;) Also, big texture packs might lag your game, slight stutters may occur. /Art

Tags:
🡱 🡳