The malaria cure

Started by Roaven, October 26, 2009, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaven

You know the mission I'm referring to. One faction has a cure for malaria, the other wants you to blow it up. You have malaria. They have the cure. Why not just take some and cure yourself before sending it all sky-high?

Art Blade

indeed, take it, kill the employer, and sell the stuff along with the weapons  ;D

Unfortunately the storyline does not involve creative thinking.  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TopHat01

I remember when I first did this mission, I thought I'd be set and not have do any more underground missions.  Little did I know the faction leaders just tell fibs...

Also, I never understood that gold mission.  Why couldn't I just pocket a couple bars, or w@&k with the buddy there to haul it out and split it 50-50.  You'd think that'd be the obvious thing to do instead of kill a king, steal his ring, and give it to somebody...which doesn't even slightly relate to the mission.

I agree with Art, there is little creative thinking involved here.  I almost feel like some of the missions were half-assed and tossed in right before release...

Art Blade

I believe half of the missions were designed real big, but then they ran out of time, leaving evidence of a once great idea...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I still remember the mission where you're supposed to tag the gold with your cell phone OR help you buddy on the other side of the map.  I didn't quite understand the OR part yet (it was early on) and I thought well hell I'm right here I'll do both.  No dice - Josip was pissed for me not helping him.  No reason I couldn't have done both but oh well....
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

TopHat01

Quote from: spaceboy on October 27, 2009, 09:17:14 AM
I still remember the mission where you're supposed to tag the gold with your cell phone OR help you buddy on the other side of the map.  I didn't quite understand the OR part yet (it was early on) and I thought well hell I'm right here I'll do both.  No dice - Josip was pissed for me not helping him.  No reason I couldn't have done both but oh well....

I never use to do the buddy diversions for missions, but I found how boring the main missions get when you just do what you're told.  At least the diversions add some spice to the missions.

Sometimes it's fun to challenge yourself by using only certain weapons, or playing on the 'Infamous' difficulty setting--the AI isn't that hard, it's the fact that you're limited to carrying two extra clips for your assault rifle and only 4 or so syrettes. 

fragger

Quote from: spaceboy on October 27, 2009, 09:17:14 AM

I did the exact same thing on my first 'thru. D'oh!

Tags:
🡱 🡳