Borderlands (all formats) Preview

Started by Fiach, October 23, 2009, 02:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

A little vulgar, perhaps, maybe slightly out of line, but still... it is bloody funny  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Quote from: Fiach on December 07, 2009, 01:25:05 PM
Poor old Nine Toes had to wait for al three to drop, by the time you got to him :D

LOL!
Ok enough about things dropping, Art's going to get us!  ;D

Art Blade

Don't worry :) I didn't complain about the word "poor" even if "poo" is part of it  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

Made it to Old Haven last night . . . now that's a party!  :-X

Building-to-building fighting against the Crimson Lance - this is the first part of the game since very early on where I felt like the difficulty kicked up a notch, but it was very enjoyable!  I liked that instead of relying on waypoints marked on the map, you have to actually open your eyes and look for the smoke plumes in order to find your objectives.  Beating the crap out of Lance soldiers is fun too  ;D  It felt like I had really walked into a trap that they had set for me, and I had to fight my way through it.  Poor jerks didn't fare any better against me than the bandits did against them  :-*  Overall, probably my favorite segment of the game so far  :-X

Fiach

Cool, I haven't got that far yet, what level are you?

mmosu

Almost 32, the main plot of the game is starting to pick up, but there are still plenty of side quests to be done as well. 

Fiach

Yeah, I'm in New Haven, late 20's, nice to know theres an old haven to look forward to as well :)

mmosu

Yeah, sorry mate, didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag, I thought you were still ahead of me!  The way you find out about old haven, and your reason for going there are kind of neat, so enjoy when you get there - but show up ready to fight dirty!

Fiach

No sweat, I've been slacking a bit, I played DAO 5 times and playing two paths in Avatar, played CoD MW1 and 2 as well, to get them out of the way, hope to get back to BL, but it will be after xmas now I think.  :-[

mmosu

Wow, you've been busy!

Our final exams just got over, so needless to say I've been making a lot of progress in BL in the last few days  ;D

Fiach

Yeah, who said gaming is fun  >:(

:-[ ;D

Art Blade

It's bloody serious!  ;D

PZ

Indeed - almost like a second job for me  ;D

JRD

Quote from: PZ on December 12, 2009, 07:47:02 PM
Indeed - almost like a second job for me  ;D

Oh, please, no blasphemy ok?
I thought we had set that straight, once and for all, long ago!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

What? Gaming is FUN? Who had that cockamamie idea?

mmosu

I know I've played some games that ended up feeling like w@&k... :-\

Art Blade

you guys made me laugh  ;D

RedRaven

Is it just me or is Bone Head stupidly hard to kill ? Must of tried and failed over a dozen times, getting him down to the thinnest red line of health then all of a sudden he pops out from cover, taking a couple of shots and killing me.
Even went so far as to look at a walk through on the net, fat lot of good that did as he was not even visible from the spot it mentioned. How did you guys put him down ?
Cheers :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

I killed him when I was about 2 levels higher in experience than he was.  He went down pretty hard then - I just used the cover and boxed with him and his little followers until they were all dead.  Now mind you, in my first encounter with him I was a few levels lower than he was and I had to make a hasty retreat once I realized I was inflicting no damage at all on him!  That's the key, just level through it.  And make sure you pick up his gun, the Bone Shredder, it's one of the better SMG's in that part of the game. 

RedRaven

cheers, will give that a go, still only level 10.

Finally done it, and it was well worth the effort, the cars are great fun, particularly like the squelching noise a skag makes when they get run over ;D

mmosu

Nice going Raven  :-X  Feels good to finally drop somebody that's been giving you trouble, doesn't it?

Well I finished my first playthrough two days ago, and immediately I started my second playthrough with Mordecai and a first playthrough with Roland.  From the get-go, playthrough 2 is tough - the skags you encounter immediately outside of Fyrestone consist of elders and spitters and are at least level 32!!!!  So far doesn't look like their behavior is any more aggressive, but it is once again a challenge to bring a group of them down.  Drops are greatly improved too - money drops are measured in thousands of dollars, and I'm picking up weapons at the beginning of playthrough 2 that are on par with stuff I was picking up at the end of playthrough 1.  Overall, looking forward to playing it again, but I'm wondering if I should play the Ned's Island DLC first - I don't know how leveling up works between that and the regular game - any thoughts?

Art Blade

I think that if your 2nd through in the vanilla game starts with levelled creatures, then it is just more fun because you know the surroundings (I guess) so imagining that you may not know the DLC stuff, the chance to start with levelled opponents might be tough -- if I were you, I'd start the DLC first. You could still give that a second through as well and at least by then find out if they level up too :)

RedRaven

Its interesting that after completing it the enemies at the start become higher levels. Should keep it more interesting than being back at square 1.

Tags:
🡱 🡳