MP impressions

Started by gvse, October 14, 2009, 04:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvse

Hi guys,

Finally today I have had no problems logging onto servers and finding games, and so i have played several infiltration rounds, and one word shall describe my experience: awesome!!!
I played on the usa side which means I am to infiltrate some fortification and blow up a target. There's a good selection of weapons: some with thermal scopes, some with suppressors, and sniper rifles, each requiring a different tactic. Approach is slow and deliberate, flanking is a must, you can command your team of AI if there aren't enough human players. Then the firefights get very intense, long range and close quarters, you need to make sure to avoid friendly-fire and figure out where shots are coming from. I love night missions as the fog restrict your visibility and you must be really carefulObjectives are easy to follow.  People so far are ok, no name calling, and stupid player movement (e.g. teabagging, jumping like crazy) is non-existent.
I didn't want to stop playing, but it's late and I must get some sleep. wow, really outstanding, just wanted to share that with you here. If you get online make sure and say hi to gvse! ;) see ya there guys

RedRaven

:-X Cheers gvse, nice to know that side of it is working well, going to try it using a friends PS3 as my game & modem have been delayed till monday :(

Also its good that you've commented on the other MP players you have encountered so far, after spending a couple of weeks playing OFP1 and browsing through the vast amount of sites/forums around it I did notice a few that are MP team sites run by and for gamers from Military units (current and ex-service) and most had a pretty serious approach to the MP game. Which is great i reckon, yeah its only a game and all that but sometimes we all want or need that kind of Deep Immersion in a game.

Really looking forward to getting stuck into it now :)

What platform are you on? will keep eyes peeled for you.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

gvse

Hey man, I'm o the pc so unlikely we're gonna meet.
As for the players, I have not detected any obvious signs that military people were playing. Everyone was trying to meet mission objectives and I guess they were too much into it to make many comments. What helps is that the comment box is at the bottom of the screen and the font size is quite small so it might be eazy to miss some remarks (and more often than not it's a good thing ;)).

Art Blade

The game has a built-in voice client - use a headset :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

gvse

Nah, I haven't tried that yet. I have noticed that mostly people who use it in the game have nothing interesting to say; sometimes they try to give orders but few people pay attention. Sound quality on that is pretty bad too and half the time I don't even know what language they speak.

RedRaven

Use a PC myself at home, its a friend with PS3 version (he just finished all main missions on easiest setting - 6 hours game play, now he has started again next level up).

As soon as my new modem turns up will get the Online stuff sorted and probably see you in there :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳