Snipe the RPG?

Started by Ceres Tauri, October 13, 2009, 03:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceres Tauri

I did something strange and amazing last night and after thinking about it, I wonder if you guys have too?

I was at 62% in Bowa, snuck downriver to the bridge. I took out the GP, saved in the safehouse, went back up.  The guards respawned.  The PITA was the RPG guy.  I'd step into the roadway trying to see him and he'd shoot off at me.  I know I got a bead on him because...

I shot the warhead right out of the air!

Being on x-box I have no photo but I didnt expect this anyway so...  Anybody else?  If you have the dude targeted this must be in the way when he shoots right at you, so someone else musta done that too right?

mandru

;D

Nice catch Ceres Tauri!

I count on that trick so often that I forgot that it was a tip that others might find useful.

It works on any RPG wielder, if you can jump on it quick enough you set the shell of right in his face and take care of the incoming fire as well as that merc all in one shot.

RPG wielders like snipers have sharper visual acuity than your standard merc and will spot you much more quickly.  Most times a guy with an RPG is well isolated away from others of his group like snipers typically are but I know there's an RPG carrier just down the river from the rail crossing for Yabek's barge mission and also another at Sepoko where they are standing right in with other mercs.

When you find a set up like that if you can get his attention at the right moment, he'll take the shot at you with out regard to his neighbor's safety and possibly toast a few of his cohorts with the back blast.

Another RPG folly is where in the mission that you need to  blow up the truck of supplies in the shanty town after visiting the Belgian at the Villa.

There have been a  few times I have entered on the South East road after stopping at the armory to get fresh weapons and when the shooting starts I've been in a position where the RPG wielder on the overlook can't see me yet but he sees where everyone else is aiming and when he tries to pull the old shoot through the wall trick, that we all see so often, he actually hits something like the rail on the front of his perch and takes himself out.

I've more over recently decided that it is much easier to approach this objective from the road that comes in above and behind the RPG post and just pop him first off and draw as many mercs up the hill as I can to get them thinned out before moving on in and mopping up. So I've not gone back to get a screen shot of where to stand to get the self extinguishing (igniting?) RPG'er effect.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

spaceboy

great tips guys.  :-X  No I've never had the luck to accomplish that - I would have been surprised myself. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

teehee :) Nice one, Ceres Tauri :-X

And, as always, good read, mandru  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

No doubt, something I never tried. Either I pop the RPG guy before he even sees me, or after ducking his first shot get him while he's reloading. Shooting the shell out of the air is something to try for. Surprised it's not listed under the trophies on the consoles.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

I too try to get them before they see me but I occasionally get caught flatfooted (I don't think the dart rifle has enough punch to detonate the shell which unfortunately is what I typically have equipped) and they get a shot off before I can aim and fire.

I'm on a PC aiming with my mouse on a largish screen that I sit quite close to so I can see the round as it is fired, all of which from my understanding, helps pull this trick off.
- mandru

Art Blade

I didn't shoot it yet, but I headbutted it once.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

@ Art :-X  :-X  :-X

Here! Here! lol
- mandru

Art Blade

heh heh  ;D You should see me do a proper touch-down with an armed IED  :)

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on October 13, 2009, 11:41:28 AM
I didn't shoot it yet, but I headbutted it once.

I do that all the time when playing CS:Source only then it´s bullets or handgrenades  ;D

Art Blade

hehehe, I can relate :)

We must have learned that bravery from ordinary flies. Those tiny creatures keep headbutting five tons of moving steel and the likes, when they pass a highway  ;D

KingRat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQpLu8p03yA

I've seen several youtube vids of sniper vs rpg; this one is dart v carl-g... ;D

mandru

Cool KingRat!  :-X

I stand corrected dart does have enough punch to take out a RPG round
- mandru

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Now I've seen it, I have to try it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳