nVidia PhysiX options

Started by JRD, October 09, 2009, 08:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Anyone using nVidia with OFP2 knows if it is mandatory to have the PhysiX option available on your GPU in order to run the game?
I know you can switch it off when playing |GTA to improve performance...
Thing is... my nVidia GPU has no PhysiX option on the control panel, so I don't have that feature with me but want to get OFP2 soon...
Thoughts?
Cheers all
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

The paper manual claims that it is necessary for the game to run.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on October 09, 2009, 08:14:20 AMmy nVidia GPU

Which one is it? Might want to check if it is on the list of supported GPUs.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Mine is nVidia GeForce 9500M 256 MB, lap top version...

At Steam they say GeForce 7600GT 256MB or better... but nothing about lap top versions of GPUs, which aren't the same as those in PCs

Thanks mate  :-X

PZ

I assume you are talking about the GPU in your new laptop and are concerned about it's ability to run the game, correct?  Quite often laptops are interesting beasts that perform what might be interpreted as strange techniques to save power, for instance, share memory between the CPU and GPU.  Like Art wrote - it is important to know the specific GPU and then do some Internet research to see if anyone else using the same graphics processor has had success.  Or you could post your specs here and we could assist  ;)

EDIT: you were quicker than I was and already posted your specs!

JRD

ok, full specs are
DELL
- XPS Studio 13,3''
- Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (2.66 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB)
- Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 Original 64-bit
- 4GB DDR3 1067MHz (2x2GB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 9500M 256Mb
- HD 320GB (7200RPM)
I'm searching the net for some info as well, but as Art mentioned he's got the manual, it may be easier to check.
Thanks for the help guys
Cheers

PZ

Is the GPU one of the G series (GE, GS)?

JRD

Weird... it says 9500M (GF 9400MG + GF9200MGS)

PZ

It sounds almost like your GPU might be one of the GS series which is PhysX ready.  If you're lucky and it is, then you should be good to go with many of the newer games that require PhysX.

You might check out this link for further information: http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9500m_gs_us.html

PZ

Here's a link to the 9200MGS:
http://www.nvidia.co.in/object/geforce_9200m_gs_in.html

and one to the 9300MG (the site did not have the 9400, but that sounds like higher version anyway)
http://www.nvidia.co.in/object/geforce_9300m_g_in.html

both of which are suitable for gaming and are PhysX ready.

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on October 09, 2009, 02:24:14 PM
Weird... it says 9500M (GF 9400MG + GF9200MGS)

on the back side of the DVD package it reads:

nVidia GeForce 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950, 8500, 8600, 8800, 9600, 9800, 9800GX2  (and GTX260 - 295)

Tags:
🡱 🡳