A disappointment at Mike's - Leboa

Started by PZ, March 25, 2009, 05:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

When traveling to Mike's, I usually careen into the area between a tree and rock, race across the bushes, and knock the furniture out of the way, parking my Datsun right next to the front door.  Well, the last time I did that, I ended up on the roof of my car, so I jumped up onto the roof of Mike's.  Lo and behold, I could see my buddies hanging around inside through the small roof line windows, so I thought to myself - cool.... I can gun down my buddies through the window.

Tried it, but the bullets merely bounce off the obviously bullet-proof glass.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

spaceboy

Weird thing on your link, pzrzao, but it comes up in my browser as

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141.imageshack.us/img141/5697/roofofmikes.jpg

which is repeats the first section.  Once I removed the first img141.imageshack.us it came up fine.   ???

Could just be me...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

spearhead_22

Was unable to see the image. Got the message "File Not Found"
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

Dweller_Benthos

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

My fault guys - too quick to click, and not checking my post - fixed now, but I sure do wish that I could do screen caps like you PC guys instead of just the map clips!

Dweller_Benthos

Well, I tried it at Mike's south at the marina:

[smg id=4866]

And you can't shoot anything through the windows.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spaceboy

Mike's is impervious, I tried lighting it up with the flamethrower and chucking grenades to get in the first time.  I can't remember the exact circumstance but I must not have finished my mission or something, but I tried very early on (middle of the night after driving my yellow POS Datsun into the drink right off the pier) and the door was locked.  I had thought perhaps "Mike" wasn't there and had to come back during normal operating hours.  I was literally thinking, wow for a bunch of mercs last call is pretty early!

It's just funny how early on when you're discovering how everything works the thoughts you have.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I know what you mean spaceboy.  Even this late into the game, I still have those thrilling moments though, when you think that you've discovered something new!

KillerZ

During my walkthrough tutorial I was able, due to a glitch enter Mike's before entering the weapons shop.  Inside was empty of people and Ruben's desk was missing.  Just a cleared out place where his desk was later...  it was eerie, just me and the cockroaches.  And I always thought it was funny that there was never a bartender...

JRD

Hmmmm... interesting...

Maybe Mike IS the Jackal!!! Who knows? He uses the bar as a cover for his dirty business... thats why Mike is never there  :P
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

lol, that's an interesting thought, JRD!  :-X

I believe we now know the Jackal's first name, and his day job, or is it night job.

Cool find, KillerZ - it's funny how the glitches in the programming can w@&k to our benefit at times.  :-X

RedRaven

quality, its same if you try to shoot / blow up Leiutenant in tutorial section must of spent good hour or so trying to get a bullet or grenade thru the door to shut his smug gob up!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

nice avatar, dke58, is it Bobafett? :) And your previous post... ArmA2?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

sure is, best StarWars character ever. all posts today to do with FC2, also didnt manage to get screen of it but as rain was grey and heavy my target drove into sight, just got my crosshairs settled aiming at his throat, then..... you got it Makaria, hit fire by mistake and somehow managed to still hit him just didnt kill, but being a dumb-a$$ merc he stopped and got out to look for me so had time for meds, reload, re-aim = BANG, another pierced skull. ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I had an interesting moment in the mission to choose between joining buddies at Mike's or going to the Church to save the towns folks.  I chose Mike's and have only Michele and Quarbani left as buddies.  After killing all the mercs on the outside of Mike's, I loaded the side of the bar with IEDs and blew the lot.  When I went inside, almost all the furniture was destroyed and Michele was lying on the floor dead.  Of course that loser Quarbani was still kicking and wanted me to help push the refrigerator against the door (hated to do it).  Then, when the fighting started, there was no sign of the coward!  No dead body (except Michele's) and no Quarbani.  I still don't know what happened to the cad.

Art Blade

Basically you support my theory that there must be one buddy left for that fridge at Mike's. Once you pushed it, the goal was met... no need for Qarbani any more  ;D You will see both Michele and Quarbani at the landing zone though, since no buddy killed at Mike's ever really died - they always get resurrected for the LZ   :-\
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yeah, I've tried the same thing with only Michele left and she did not "die" at Mike's - the developers evidently predicted people like us would test the programming  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳