Any PS3ers out there pumped for God of War III?

Started by mmosu, October 02, 2009, 04:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

I have been waiting for this one for a LONG time!!!  I don't even mind that the release date of every GOW game gets rolled back two or three times because the devs of these games are so obsessive about making them absolutely perfect.  Anyway if you are a fan you definitely need to check out the latest screenshots and videos at http://ps3.ign.com/objects/886/886158.html and post your memories of your favorite GOW moments here!

PZ

I have not seen this one before, but the graphics look great  :-X

spaceboy

Hey, mmosu I didn't realize your on PS3.   I am pumped about GOW III from everything I've read, however I have not played the first two.  I'll be picking up the revamped and re-released I and II this November to get into the story.

This is similar to my recent purchase and playing of Drake's Fortune in preparation for Uncharted 2 - played the demo a bit last night and loved it.

Add me as a friend if you want mmosu - my PSN is spaceboy21.  Online action right now consists of some FUEL runs, some Battlefield 1943, and of course Uncharted 2.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

Good idea taking at least one spin through GOW I and II spaceboy.  GOW I was revolutionary, they did things with the PS2 that critics said were impossible.  Kratos is also one of the most raw and brutal characters to ever appear in a video game, the exact type of character needed for such a game.

As for online play, I have had my PS3 for almost a year and haven't got into the online aspects much as of yet, but I will look you up when I do.

spaceboy

Cool.  If you're not a huge online fan yet, then some co-op may be the ticket if you want to give it a spin.  You can download the Uncharted 2 demo for free.  You have yourself and 2 other live players playing against enemy AI which means your opponents move like mercs or whatever should in a game instead of running around like SOME multiplayer guys do.  It's a really neat experience.  The locals in the game are reminscent of the type of feeling you get from Far Cry 2 - run down areas (more old world city like than wilderness though) but imagine the Fortress and Port Seleo type of settings.

Let me know if you feel like giving it a go.  :-X

Fiach

thouh I own Go 1 and 2, I never got around to playing them, but a friend of mine swears by the series, I guess I'll be plumping for the revamp.

I played a bit of Drake 1 last night, up to where they find the submarine, its very early to tell I guess, but so far I haven't been bowled over by it, I would be a huge Tomb Raider fan, but Drake seems a bit basic in its platforming, when compared to TR.

Need to finish Heavenly Sword first I guess, I'll try and rocket through Drake in perp for Drake 2, I think its 16th its due out.

BTW, my 360 and PS3 gamer tags (dunno the PS3 name for them lol) are both SpudJunkey.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

spaceboy

Quote from: Fiach on October 02, 2009, 12:27:49 PM
I played a bit of Drake 1 last night, up to where they find the submarine, its very early to tell I guess, but so far I haven't been bowled over by it, I would be a huge Tomb Raider fan, but Drake seems a bit basic in its platforming, when compared to TR.

BTW, my 360 and PS3 gamer tags (dunno the PS3 name for them lol) are both SpudJunkey.

It's right after the submarine part when I started enjoying Drake more and more.  You get into the shooting, cover mechanics, and story more.  I agree the platforming is easier than TR, but I like it that way actually.  I made poor Lara die too many times due to my lack of climbing skills.  Drake moves/climbs more like Cole from inFamous which I loved, I like the climbing and jumping but I prefer it to be easy so I look cooler than dying lol.

I think the various animations of Drake catching things at different heights and angles are better than TR.  It seemed Lara always either made the jump or caught with her hands.  Drake will land at his gut with one knee up etc.  it seems more realistic looking to me.  Can't wait to hear more on Heavenly and Drake.

btw, they're just called PSN IDs as far as I know.  I'll send you a friend request SupdJunkey!  maybe we'll get online sometime together.

hey, sorry to hijack this GOW thread mmosu, once I get the re-releases I'll be looking to you for some advice and tips for sure!

mmosu

it's quite alright, how many of these threads end up a million miles away from where they start ?!  ;)

spaceboy

so true - and we don't care too much here about that as long as we're having fun   :)

Art Blade

I once saw a lone white swan swimming in the ocean close to the coast, near a Spanish village.

how about that? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

mmosu

it's funny, I found OWG by pure coincidence when I searched for a map showing the locations of all the jackal tapes.  Right away I could tell it was different from other gaming boards, there was a level of maturity here that I hadn't found before (always a bunch of stupid little kids bickering and flaming each other over crap that doesn't even matter).  Just like what you said spaceboy, it's cool as long as everyone is having fun.  So, to anyone who reads this, I appreciate what you all have built here.   :-X   

Art Blade

Thank you for your kind words, mmosu, we're glad you found us :) Now you are part of it - keep posting  ;D  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed mmosu,
We're grateful to count members of your caliber among our ranks.  We've designed OWG to be the "one-stop-shopping" for just about all of your online communication wants.  As you've seen from reading how we get off-topic on tangents, just about any topic goes on our site, and we appreciate the posting.  At least from my perspective, I enjoy reading about everyone's experiences gaming or otherwise, and have come to find that I really look forward to seeing those little red dots on the navigation block!  :-X

mmosu

So anyway, to put this thread back on topic after a long hiatus, here is the latest summary of what is known so far about GOW III content:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1037376p1.html

spaceboy

wow, I just watched that video - the scope and scale of that game looks incredible.  Like I said I haven't played the others but will get the re-releases for PS3 next month.  I haven't really played such a brutal game before but the mythical nature of it appeals to me.  (ok, maybe that seems contradictory that I can play shooting games and deliver head shots to "people"  and say I don't play "brutal" games) - but ripping the eyeball out of the cyclops is definitely more brutal than a shooter!  (looked cool though)

I really liked the part where Kratos is apparantely standing next to a tree and the camera pulls back and he's really standing on the head of a huge creature that is scaling a huge mountain...  Wicked.

I also thought the part where Kratos rips the horns off that thing and stabs it with it's own horns was cool.  Hell, it all looked cool. 

mmosu

Expect lots more of that sort of thing when you play the first two  ;)

Fiach

The redux of 1 and 2 wont hit europe til much later, which ranks high on the suck barometer :(

mmosu

That does suck, have you played the original versions of the first two?

Fiach

No, i bought them for PS2, but never got around to them, friend of mine reckons they are awesome though.

mmosu

They are, they're in my all-time top 10 list for sure  :-X :-X :-X

mmosu

Some of you may have seen this already, but the latest on the God of War Collection is here:  http://ps3.ign.com/objects/029/029855.html

Looks good for a remastered PS2 game!  The $39.99 price isn't bad either.  Definately play these before March if you haven't yet but want to play GOW III! 

spaceboy

thanks for the link mmosu - they look great.  I'm definitely picking these up and am looking forward it.  This is perfect since this is one series I never got to on my PS2!

mmosu

I think they knew they would catch a lot of people on the second time around, especially with all the hype surrounding GOW III.  Smart move for them from a business perspective!

Art Blade

Have you got some teeth left in your mouth or are those the remnants, in your avatar?  ;D Funny pic, mmosu :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳