Older game: Serious Sam

Started by deadman1, September 29, 2009, 02:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I don´t know if any of you ever played it but here is a short description:

Open world: not really
Interesting story: nope
Gratouitos (spelling!), mindless, shoot everything that moves with huge guns: Oh hell yes

The reason for this post is that Croteam (developer) has decided to rerelease the game with remade graphics, and they look really good, I enjoyed this game immensely back in the day. Here´s a little taster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbwOukQlDY

Art Blade

yeah I did!  :-X

In short: There are more enemies than raindrops in a cloudy sky  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Funny seeing someone use old western six-shooters on monsters!  ;D

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I played the first two, never got around to getting the third one. Prolly in the bargain bin for cheap now. Lotsa mindless fun, and his comments are great. One of my techniques was to run up to where the monsters were and start running backwards for a long period of time just emptying gun after gun into the hoard of things coming at me. After a while, Sam says "I hate running backwards!"

Oh yeah, circle-strafing for hours on end it seemed.....

.... and that giant cannon that shot nuclear cannonballs.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:)

I remember those suicide bombers that came running at you screaming... "aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAABLAM"
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Hehe and Sam´s comment the first time we see them: AAAaaaaaaah yourself!  ;D

Fiach

I never knew there was a third one.

Yeah bach when it was released it looked really cool, I loaded SS2 up there about a year back for some old skool shootage, but was quite dismayed with the gfx, so I binned it lol :)

Great memories :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: deadman on October 01, 2009, 02:23:45 AM
Hehe and Sam´s comment the first time we see them: AAAaaaaaaah yourself!  ;D

It's really funny when you use cheat codes to fly above the ground, and let about 50 of those guys gather under you, all of them yelling AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH because they can't get at you, then shooting one shot with the pistol at one of them and setting the whole group off.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳