Real MGL 140

Started by fragger, September 25, 2009, 04:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

I was just looking at weaponry on the net. I'd thought that the MGL 140 in FC2 was a fanciful weapon invented by the game developers, was surprised to learn that it's a real-world weapon. Also known as the M32, it actually fires six rounds before reload, not four as in the game. They call it "the six-pack attack"...

For those who are interested, here's a clip showing it in use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVfhTqL95jY&feature=related

PZ

Looks like that would settle disputes really quickly  ;D

DKM2

shooting almost straight up like that, looks a little risky to me.   :o
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

Imagine we had a buddy around with that MGL and we heard him go "wa-CHOo!" - I bet that would scare the sweet jebus out of me  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: DKM2 on September 25, 2009, 06:07:54 AM
shooting almost straight up like that, looks a little risky to me.   :o

I thought the same thing, those were flare rounds, I hope.... reminds me of those videos I made where you fire the grenade launcher straight up and RUN.

In here somewhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHEG5nyCb5A
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

DKM2

ah yes, the boat juggling. funny stuff.  :)
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

fragger

:-X Cool vid, D_B, haven't seen that one before!
And here's me thinking a "flying boat" was a type of aircraft ;D

RedRaven

could be wrong but as far as i know the M32 was brought in to fill the gap left by the M79 after it was kind of scrapped as a weapon in its own right and merged with the M16 to create the M203. The M32 always made me think of a Giants revolver!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

All I know is that it's like having a sniper rifle that explodes . . . and that makes me giggle ;)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Quote from: mmosu on September 26, 2009, 06:09:21 AM
All I know is that it's like having a sniper rifle that explodes . . . and that makes me giggle ;)

man after my own heart :-X .
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

Quote from: RedRaven on September 26, 2009, 05:55:36 AM
The M32 always made me think of a Giants revolver!

;D A bit like Hellboy's?

RedRaven

Tags:
🡱 🡳