Invasion 1944 A2 project

Started by PZ, September 18, 2009, 10:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Playing World War II using the A2 engine - not quite ready yet, this addon will be great for the WWII buffs.  Just one of the many things that makes this unique:

Quote from the authors: The decision to make a storyline from the Point-of-View (POV) of a Waffen-SS unit is the result of wanting to break with traditional WW2 games and mods that always portray the Allied (mainly Anglo-American) POV (we are aware of Red Orchestra being an exception). Kampfgruppe Peiper was an elite force at the very center of the German attack in the Bulge comprising most of the 1. SS Leibstandarte division's panzers tasked with accomplishing missions crucial to the progress of the entire offensive.

Although geared mainly toward MP, the campaign will be playable in SP as well (thank goodness  ;D)

Invasion 1944 web site for more information

fragger

I'm a WW2 buff, this looks and sounds terrific! I'm also intrigued by the fact that you play on the Axis side, makes for a refreshing change. Only time I've ever been able to play as a German was in Medal of Honour MP.
I wonder - will your characters speak in German, or accented English? I'd prefer the former. More realistic, even if I can't understand everything (I can speak a tiny bit of German). I hate it when they use accented English, it's like a dubbed-in movie.
Looking forward to this, thanks PZ! :-X

Art Blade

In many games and even movies the "German" is something that is comprised of German words, but quite often in a strange, almost antique way with an accent I can't really place... in other words, it doesn't sound authentic. To me as a native speaker that is just as annoying :) As if they never let any Germans do the voices  :P
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I sort of know the feeling Art, after hearing countless atrocious "aussie" accents in films and on TV. You're right, they should always get native speakers to do the voices.
I was in Hawaii years ago and got told that I didn't sound Australian, because I didn't sound the way they do in films! :)

Art Blade

hehehe :) Just a couple of days ago I met some Americans here in Germany, by accident, at a tram station to be precise. I was there with an English friend, speaking English already. When they asked me in German about a certain line, I instantly replied in English without thinking (because I was already speaking in that language and because the American accent gave it away) - the funny part is, when one of the Americans commented on how they knew where I was from (of course I thought they noticed I was German). Then they asked me where I stayed, and then you should have seen their looks (quite puzzled) when I told them I lived here, was raised here, and was born here... My English friend smiled and whispered to me that they actually thought I was British  ;D "I've never met a German without German accent" lol They then told me the next thing I should do was to learn the American accent  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I too think it marvelous that you can play Axis rather than Allies for a change.  There were a few old WWII movies in which the spoken German was good, and much what I experienced when in Germany.  Not positive if my memory serves me correctly, but I think that the movie The Longest Day was one in which the language sounded authentic.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on September 19, 2009, 03:54:27 AM
They then told me the next thing I should do was to learn the American accent  :)

Love that!  ;D ;D

RedRaven

thats very funny, coming from Americans. I'm from UK, have lived in Germany as a child and have relatives in both the USA and Australia so i hear english with many accents. Which state accent are you supposed to learn because here in UK regional accents are usually pretty distinct. and the UK is a lot samller than the US.

As for the WW2 Game setting i cant wait to try that out, not really a WW2 buff but know a bit and really enjoy films and documenties of that era in human conflict. Its not very often can find a good one from the Axis side of things, and lets face it, they defo had the best Tanks ;D   
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Quote from: RedRaven on September 20, 2009, 09:17:52 AM
... and lets face it, they defo had the best Tanks ;D
German industry and ingenuity are hard to beat, and I too can't wait to play this campaign!  :-X

RedRaven

Quote from: PZ on September 20, 2009, 01:55:50 PM

German industry and ingenuity are hard to beat, and I too can't wait to play this campaign!  :-X

too true, just look at how well Mercedes are doing in Formula 1 :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳