another question... (AI shoots around the corner)

Started by bubbahotep7, September 17, 2009, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbahotep7

I've had mercs hit me w/ rounds, but even with their backs to me.  Two mercs were firing on my truck (which I had just abandoned to hide in the high grass), but each time they fired, I got hit.  I was literally facing their backs, and no other mercs were around...I'd see their muzzle flash and start taking damage.   Once I took them out, I stopped taking damage.  Is this a common glitch or just a way for the AI to cheat?  Unless the mercs know how to put some serious English on those rounds, there is just no way those rounds would hit me.  At least it would explain why I've found myself turning in circles trying to see where the bullets were coming from.

edit: extended the subject so we know what this is about /Art

Art Blade

it is a glitch. Mechsican made a couple of vids and was annoyed by similar incidents (he dubs his vids and commented about it)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, it sucks, you think you get the drop on a guy 'cause he's facing a direction where he shouldn't be able to shoot you, but fires anyway at a spot you aren't even close to, and he hits you anyway.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

retiredgord

Maybe they using the weapons like the ones sold by Zorg (Gary Oldman) in Fifth Element. You know the ones with the memory..shoot them once and the next time every round goes back to that spot no matter which way the gun is pointed. That was a hoot of a movie..great cast and visuals. Like Milla when first rebuilt and in the plastic case...oooh look out Nasreen and Flora.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

absolutely, Gord :) One of the real good Sci-Fi flicks out there. Can't tell how many times I watched it  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, that is a funny glitch - my general rule after discovering this problem is to shoot anything that moves (buddies included  ;D)

Art Blade

not to mention blowing up zebras, water buffalos, chickens, gazelles and goats  ;D

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on September 17, 2009, 01:37:20 PM
not to mention blowing up zebras, water buffalos, chickens, gazelles and goats  ;D
:)
Why did the chicken cross the road?
The M-79 round blew him there.

Art Blade

;D <chuckle>

reminds me of some mercs that are completely nuts. Sometimes, when I drive through a GP, mercs that are not exactly in the way think that they are and try to dive away. OK so far, but they should dive away rather than into my car :) I'd never have hit them if they hadn't jumped right into the grill  ;D

fragger

I've had one dive out of my way, only to get run over by an AT that was chasing me!

Art Blade

RedRaven

thats quality, as good as lighting up a field with the LPO-50 and watching mercs walk slowly backwards into the flames . But so far have never experienced the glitch that Bubbahotep7 mentions. sometimes see mercs twitch between aiming in my direction then at the floor, but in rapid motion like 2 frames looped. quick peice of lead in the head puts an end to that nonsense easily enough ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳