Vanishing buddy

Started by deadman1, September 05, 2009, 01:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I just finished a buddymission for Josip and went back to mikes to report. As soon as I activated the handikon Josip went *poff* and disappeared in front of my eyes  :D After the initial WTF!!!!, I checked my buddies and sure enough there he was as my rescuebuddy. This must be a record of some kind, what are the odds for one of us actually spotting the exact moment when a buddy are transfered to a new position :))

iGame3D

It was a religious moment.
You witnessed him ascend from common buddy to guardian angel.

Art Blade

LOL, both of you  :-X

Funny, the last main mission I did subsequently had a change of rescue buddies. No idea why, but I had just served both of Flora's side missions, and by the time I took on the next main mission, she was my new rescue buddy. My "ex" rescue buddy, Marty, is now a regular buddy for whom I'm currently doing a side mission.

Edit, just had an idea, maybe because the "history" has increased for doing those side missions, she has more points than he has. Before that, they were equal. Probably the one with most points (at least 2 more) and who is not best buddy at that time gets promoted.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

just so happened, now that my buddies have equal points, Marty has taken back his old job?! Didn't vanish though  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: deadman on September 05, 2009, 01:39:35 PM
Josip went *poff* and disappeared in front of my eyes

Funny... I've never seen or heard about this happening until I read your post, deadman, and I've been playing FC2 for about six months or more. Now I've seen it happen too! Only in my case it was Hakim. I got the briefcase from the pumping station, went back to Mike's, handed it to him, he said whatever it is he says there, then beamed out! Sure enough, he became my new rescue buddy.

Art Blade

hehe, funny :) you know, if I remember correctly, D_B once demonstrated that in a vid, at the Rail Xing his buddy disappeared. At least he mentioned something to that effect.

By the way, nice new avatar there, fragger  :-X

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on September 26, 2009, 06:14:39 AM

Thanks, Art, I was getting tired of that old Josip geezer... hitting a bit too close to home! ;D

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on September 26, 2009, 06:14:39 AM
hehe, funny :) you know, if I remember correctly, D_B once demonstrated that in a vid, at the Rail Xing his buddy disappeared. At least he mentioned something to that effect.

Yeah, that was me, though it was because I was doing the buddy side mission and then went and killed the guy with IEDs while I was looking at Frank on the bridge waiting for the bomb fuse. In this case, I just pissed him off so much he beamed back to Mike's and starting drinking.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Here it is:

[smg id=189 type=av]
D_B

PZ

I just love playing with the trainer - lots of things you can't begin to do when you're playing regular mode.  Has anyone tried sticking an IED to a merc?

Art Blade

ahhh, thank you D_B for digging up that treasure  ;D :-X

lol PZ, they would always try to shoot me when I tried to plant an IED on their faces - and me ending up with the IED setting off in my hands!  :)

PZ

hahah, that must have looked quite funny!  How about using the ignore_player cheat?  Would be hilarious to see a merc walking around with an IED stuck to his back.  I'd stick 8 IEDs on 8 mercs and let them walk around Mosate Selao (or Pala), then jump to the roof of a building and detonate.  Would even be funnier to see a merc running toward me with an IED on his chest (or back) then detonate.

Art Blade

I think there are some people who might be interested in your training abilities... 

bloody bad comment, I know  ;D

PZ

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Most I ever did was stick an IED to a moving truck, never tried to a merc....
D_B

PZ

Well, I tried several times to stick an IED to a merc with no success so i went into Pala and started a bar fight.  Me and my trusty lawnmower blade were more than a match for those drunken clowns.
[smg id=1495]

PZ

Due to the failure of IEDs sticking to mercs, I played in Mosate Selao using the Ignore_Player cheat.  The first part of the clip shows an IED planted on the door next to the APR doorman and the second shows what happens when an IED is detonated in a group of mercs. Funny to watch that doorman with attitude sail off into the sunset - and one of the town mercs had the nerve to say "you get that" amidst all the explosions and chaos
[smg id=1496 type=av]

Art Blade

oh, so short a clip :( Still, made me grin at that "you get that" comment  :)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I tried to stick IEDs to mercs using the zombie cheat, so they would stand still. No go there either. But it was fun placing a bunch of them around a GP and watching the whole place go up.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳