Mod the mod?

Started by PZ, May 19, 2014, 12:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I wonder if you can mod the DayZ mod - I recall doing significant mods in the original ArmA II game

Art Blade

given the fact that the devs try to keep most of it server-sided, it's unlikely. The reason why they do it is that they want to prevent hacks and cheats.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Ah yes, makes perfect sense  :-X

I always forget about people cheating and trying to gain unfair advantage

Binnatics

True. Besides, this game is intended to honour a famous ArmAII modder if I'm correct, and to give proper room for all of those who love what he had created.  ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

That sounds as if he was already dead and / or someone else was creating the standalone game as an homage. In fact, the creator of the mod, Dean "Rocket" Hall, is both creator of the mod and of the standalone game. And I damn well hope that he stays alive, too :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳