Mod index

Started by PZ, April 18, 2010, 07:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Just Cause 2: Island in Chaos

http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/func-startdown/9355/

QuoteEnjoy the chaos. Just Cause 2 tries to encourage the player to cause chaos, but with this mod installed it's much more fun to watch everyone else drive past the speed limit, shoot at each other, and crash their planes!

:laugh:

OK, this IS chaos and insanity.  :-D I watched buses skid across the road at perhaps 150mph and crash into a bulk of cars that had already crashed at an intersection and when I turned around, I saw a small plane burning in the road.. whoa  ??? :laugh:

Don't take the author's warnings about how difficult it seems to be to install the mod too seriously. He uploaded a yt vid about how to install it and packed a readme into the zip file.. I can sum it up like this: download, unzip everything into the "dropzone" folder (which you will already have created if you are already interested in this mod) and start the game.

My tip: make a backup of your dropzone folder first and then unpack this mod into your dropzone, overriding everything it wants to override. When you're done playing this mod, delete the dropzone folder (or its content) Then paste the whole backup folder so you're back to where you were before the mod.

I guess most of the files are unique to this mod, in my case it only had to override a player.bin file and some AI-related files.

Well.. the mod's only purpose is to watch everything around you go completely bonkers  :-D

[smg id=7218 type=preview align=center caption="island chaos"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I keep having fun with that island chaos, LOL  :laugh:

The mod contains files that can be deleted for certain effects (I'll sort of quote from the comments about the mod on jc2mods.com)

Quote- To get rid of the god mode, remove the file called "player.bin" from your dropzone folder.

- Remove the file called "factions.bin" from the dropzone folder. This is the file included with the mod that prevents you from getting heat.

- Why is there no police? To make room for the crazy civilians. Delete "factions.bin" to restore the police.

- the file that spawns so many planes and/or changes the pilots AI: Remove the file called "worldsim.bin" from your dropzone folder.

[smg id=7219 type=preview align=center caption="island chaos 2"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

You know, most mods just add something here and change something there, useful stuff or "serious" stuff, but this mod is just pure fun :-X :) Indeed, as the author Mandella644 suggested, try to get into a vehicle as a co-driver and let the AI driver take you places at insane speeds. Sit back and watch planes crash into mountains, mayhem left and right and everywhere around you.. the built-in god mode prevents you from getting killed during your joyride. You'll need to change vehicles every now and then because they really get beaten up pretty good during the trip :laugh:

Give it a shot, it's worth it, brings the fun back to the game  :-X :)

Art Blade

Like, when was the last time you had a plane crash into your car?  ??? :laugh:

[smg id=7220 type=preview align=center caption="island chaos 3"]

Art Blade

I was thinking about why I enjoy the mod so much. And the files it overrode. Curiously enough, the files were basically the same this mod used. Like, drivers don't flee their vehicles, god mode.. and even the traffic speed I used to use (didn't install it this time) is back. Also, the last time I played, before re-installing the game, I remember my greatest joy was to call shotgun and have NPCs chauffeur me around the island and just watch the world. Which is what the mod author recommends. Basically, this mod is what I was doing anyway, only this time there's more action, over-the-top action, which keeps making me laugh.. like the motocross bike on a dusty track speeding up so much that the little bump in the road sent him flying right across my screen or a taxi at insane speed that came somersaulting in every which direction, flipping, tumbling, and out of sight.. :)

PZ

Sounds like you're having the kind of fun that makes open world games so fun!

Thanks for posting the updates!

Art Blade

you're welcome :) You'll love the fact that there's a bolo patch that works again. I know you were fond of it :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on September 22, 2014, 08:34:44 AM
you're welcome :) You'll love the fact that there's a bolo patch that works again. I know you were fond of it :)

Yes, Bolo worked well for me for a variety of reasons.  I would like to go back in to JC2, but just have not had more than a few minutes at a time of what I call "my own time" without having to interact with other people.  :'(

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on September 22, 2014, 02:08:08 PM
shoot 'em all.  >:D

:laugh:  :-X Reminds me of playing FC2, and every time I saw a propane tank in my community, I wanted to shoot it!

fragger

Art Blade

actually only one file of the mod is responsible for the road-related traffic chaos, it's aiparams.bin so you can combine that with whatever mod you fancy unless it's using just that file, too.

I found that "worldsim.bin" which not only causes air traffic chaos but also spawns all types of aircraft in the middle of the road a tad too much if you want to get anywhere. :) The rest of the mod is basically god mode and removing you from the AI's hate/like relations as well as AI not panicking when you enter their car, allowing you to sit down as a co-driver. However, with the chaos in place, it is quite a challenge to get a car to stop so you can call shotgun without the car blowing up or running you over  :-()

[smg id=7236 type=preview align=center caption="AI gone crazy"]

PZ

I fired up JC2 last night and even managed to connect with AB for a short chat before going to bed - it was nice!

It had been so long since I played JC2 to any degree, I had to relearn the controls again, and chose a saved game at about 8% complete (I think).  I can't recall the mods I have installed, but I have a cool outfit, thrusters, all weapons, and most everything is free in the shop.

The game is really fun, and the music plus sheer size of the world keeps me going, but the graphics are a bit dated already (can't believe I said that after extolling the virtues of JC2 graphics some time ago).  However, in comparison to Watch_Dogs, the textures are simply not there.

Last night I was attacking a communications center when I saw tracers headed my way - I thought a chopper was trying to mow me down.  However, I discovered it was a chopper manned by my small brown friends and they were assisting me in eradicating the deviant lifeforms from the center.

Modding the game certainly enhances the replay value

Art Blade

Art Blade

for a quick test, here is the one file you need to create road traffic chaos. put it into the dropzone folder and delete it when you are fed up with it. :)

http://www.openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=186

it IS fun to watch them flip their cars  :-D

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳