More Steam coolness

Started by PZ, December 21, 2014, 09:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

This is really cool - using the Steam client, I can play ArmA3, or any other game on my Surface Pro 3 without ever installing any game software! The Steam client is streaming the game from my main PC to the portable.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115880926969978238488/albums/6095529863661728065

JRD

I also found out you have a STEAM interface on ArmAIII where you can download custom missions strainght into your game.  :)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

nice one, PZ :)

I noticed the motivational sticker on your keyboard's OLED. You could actually take a photo of it and have the display show it rather than sticking an analogue data carrier onto the digital display.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 22, 2014, 08:27:37 AM
nice one, PZ :)

I noticed the motivational sticker on your keyboard's OLED. You could actually take a photo of it and have the display show it rather than sticking an analogue data carrier onto the digital display.  :-()

:laugh: :-X

You can also add mods as well from the Steam interface - even do filtering based on what you want - really cool!

Binnatics

Nice! The interface to download custom maps through steam is called Steam Workshop. I think it's available for all games that allow Steam to manage their editor-options. There's tons of maps and missions to choose from, all available and easy accessible through steam. :-X :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

I can see this game lasting a very long time, which represents excellent gaming value.  I know it doesn't really matter that much, but I am really enjoying the sounds in the game - the weapons, vehicles, and just about everything.

I also like the maps much better than Chernarus, which was too sterile for my taste.  Here we are rich in detail, which I find keeps me engaged in the game.  The fact that it is a simulation rather than an abstract shooter also is a plus in my book.

... and, I've not even started in one of my favorite activities - modding  ^-^

JRD

It does feel much more alive than Chernarus. The houses feel quite empty and cities are quite deserted when compared to the cities in AC games but overall it is a nice world with people going around minding their own business. I even saw a few birds, rabbits and snakes... although I don't think I want to face a snake with high led content on my blood as I usually roam through the campaign.  ::)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

I've seen a lot of snakes already, but they simply refuse to bite me so far. They might start doing that when I start to get better at killing soldiers and staying alive in combat :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳