Animus Island - Desmond's memories

Started by JRD, February 04, 2012, 06:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I finished those bits of Desmond's memories at the Animus Island last night... so that's it?  ????

All those incredibly boring levels... a cross between Sonic and Portal without the portal gun!  :D ... and all for what? To unlock a silly Desmond outfit so I can play 16th century Istanbul/Constantinople dressed in jeans, sneakers and a jumper with a crossbow on my back and a sword hanging from my waist  :D  :D :D

I found out Desmond has been trained to be an assassins since he was born, he lived in a farm sort of place and then NY... his father shows up at the end of the final cutscene and nothing else comes out of those memory frags.... what a dumb idea!  :angry-new:
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mandru

The first time I attempted the Desmond Journeys on animus island I had quite a bit of trouble getting past the second one but once I figured out that my mouse wheel also controlled the selection of ramp or flat platform sections it went a lot easier for me.  I liked the back story on Desmond and his self realization and the resolve that came out of it in completing the 5th journey.

Yeah, Portal came to mind as I was going through that part of the game too.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

"My name is Desmond Miles and I'm an Assassin" was cool, but that's all... the levels are incredibly boring. I prefer playing as Desmond in the real world. They could've come up with something more interesting to bring his childhood memories back. The bleeding effect he experience when out of the Animus could've been used to trigger some memories.

One thing is for sure, he knows what to do and is ready to do what an Assassin must do!  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Now I'm glad that I gave up half way through the first level  :-()

I was not too interested in the abstract scenery; reminded me of a movie that had a 3D cube (or something like that) as the theme.

Tags:
🡱 🡳