Gran Turismo 5

Started by mmosu, December 10, 2010, 11:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

:laugh:

That dog is lucky to have survived that incident.  >:((

Jim di Griz

I meant to say that I really like all your pictures there mmosu - always good to see someone else's take on how the game appeals to them.

That is no excuse for the following pictures though, but I thought I should post up a few of my favourites to balance out the D2 & 3 ones from a little while ago. Having looked back on mmosu's though, I see mine are predominantly of misty days, rain or dusk/dawn shots from the tracks that have time/weather change settings - luckily not all though  :)

The GT-R35 RM on Le Mans
[smg id=4545]

Some night racing also on Le Mans
[smg id=4547]

Track creator fun
[smg id=4556]

An improbable track for F1 - London
[smg id=4557]

GT500s at Spa
[smg id=4550]

Oval X fantasy track
[smg id=4562]

RX-7 RM at Madrid
[smg id=4551]

I've only put a few in an album as I have hundreds saved - they can be quite addictive
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

amazing how detailed and realistic those look  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

For a console it is quite surprising. On the down side though - PD haven't really managed to incorporate dust and spray quite so well - something to do with the antialiasing put in place - so quite a lot of potentially good photos are worthless as a result. A real shame as I love rally shots with lots of dust and snow.

Probably time for me to fire up Photoshop and correct things...
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

mmosu

Well maybe they'll get it right for GT6  8)

First of all, let me give you a belated welcome Jim!  :-X  I haven't been around much lately to see some of the new faces (but we're working on that  ;D)  You're certainly more advanced in the game than I have been or likely ever will be - I discovered I don't have the patience to complete all of the longer events.  Looks like I'm just going to have to live through your nice pics there  :-X

Jim di Griz

Cheers Mmosu - no worries, I just read your return post, so welcome back and let's hope the exciting times ahead are all good!

GT5 is always a game you can pick up whenever - I spent over a year solid on it, every day and even then I haven't completed the last 24hr event...then I got a corrupted gamesave and lost the lot - so I started again  ^-^ so I think I've wasted more than enough time on that game for both of us  :)

Don't worry though, I'll put up a few more pictures  :-X

...and here they are...
[smg id=4566]
[smg id=4571]
A silver chrome Cobra just had to be done.
[smg id=4570]
A rare shot into the pits at Le Mans 24hr.
[smg id=4573]
Some good close racing on the Green Hell.
[smg id=4574]
And to prove that GT5 isn't always about serious racing...
[smg id=4575]
And no, that is not the real Stig, though his outfit is in the game.

mmosu

**DROOL**
That Subaru is nice  :-X
I can remember back when GT2 was out on Playstation 1 - I was still living at home and my dad and I wasted SO much time on that game.  He had a white Impreza STI wagon that he loved to wind out in that game, even though I made fun of it  ^-^  He used to call the wall on the outside of the last corner at Laguna Seca the "Subaru shame wall" because of all the times he crashed that car head-on into it - he said that there must be an imprint of a Subaru hood emblem carved into it  :laugh: Ah, memories . . .

PZ

Love that old Fiat.  Reminds me of the Avengers.   :-X

Jim di Griz

:laugh: loved that comment! There's also the Caterham, which I do believe was the car used in The Prisoner intro...

The Prisoner intro Patrick Mcgoohan 60s I'll see if I can post up a pic later  :-X

PZ

Good one - I liked the original Danger Man, which was called Secret Agent in the States.  The Prisoner was also an interesting series, however, my all time favorite is The Avengers, especially the ones with Emma Peel.

fragger

I've just been checking out your eye candy additions here Jim, excellent :-X I haven't visited this thread for a while. GT5 really is an amazing looking game! I still can't get over the photorealism of these screenies 8)

Jim di Griz

Thanks fragger - in all fairness, the majority of cars (the standards) aren't quite so realistic and some of that antialiasing can ruin an otherwise good pic - so I think I have something like 700 good shots out of the 1,500 I've already taken EDIT: make that 2285 - I just checked :o   ;)

I've just completed the Ferrari F1 seasonal event on the Nürburgring 24hr track, so that should provide some excellent shots.

You should see some of the humbling shots posted on GTPlanet - some of those players spend an obscene amount of time taking some really fine shots from the game. Mine are just impromptu 'happy accidents'  :)

Art Blade

still very nice accidents :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

I really should have posted this up yesterday, especially as a few of you enjoy motorsport on TV.

Okay, this isn't F1 but GT and the race is happening now...

I mention it because Jann Mardenborough was one of the GT5/Nissan GT Academy winners early last year - gamers who used GT5 in competition mode to determine who was the fastest in their region. The prize for each of these academy events has been an intensive real-life race training programme for Nissan and the chance to drive for the Nissan team in world GT events.

All of the drivers selected so far have done extremely well, often achieving podium or pole in class for some big events. Jann though has had an exception two years and is racing today at Silverstone.

http://www.gtplanet.net/rising-star-mardenboroughs-championship-weekend/

Gaming can lead to a career  :)

Art Blade

mmosu

Quote from: Jim di Griz on September 09, 2012, 06:54:10 AM
Gaming can lead to a career  :)

Yeah, I tried to tell my wife that once . . .  :-[

Art Blade

to be a dancer in a strip club is a nice job, too. Most of the club owners and customers agree on that :-D

fragger

They wouldn't if I took it up :o

Art Blade

you should consider a very close shave. Everywhere.  :-D

Art Blade

Above, a job description of a travelling barber. In case you wondered.  :-D

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳