Crimson Skies-High Road to Revenge onXbox

Started by retiredgord, October 01, 2009, 11:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Hi just thought I'd let everyone know I haven't been committed yet and not in need of nursing.  lol. My latest gaming is on the above title and is actually fairly enjoyable and especially for $5 at EB Games.The story is about a pilot (me) that flies old planes (no Jets) around a broken up U.S to seek revenge for the murder of an old friend and mentor. Your base is aboard a dirigible that you can fly into (done by vid cuts). In there the mission is saved and a plane can be upgraded or a different one selected if you have them. There are several different planes and you start with one and earn others by completing missions and earn cash. Tokens in the form of wings float in places and these you need to upgrade any planes you have gotten. I've missed some but sometime on my second play I think I'll get more. Health and more ammo is obtained by shooting down some of the oppositions' planes and flying thru the particular crate thats parachuting down. It's not linear as you can fly over the mountains but there ae "Mission Areas" that will turn the craft back to the place you need to be battling.
You can also fly the plane near a marking and by preessingX the plane will vid land so you canchange planes, get repairs and ammo or use AA guns. I'm enjoying it and will probably have a few playthrus on it over time.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Your avatar reads PS3, where did you get that xBox from? Nicked it from your kids? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Geez Art no I didn't nick it from the kids, just bought the son a PS3 for different games and took over his old Xbox for play up in th puter room. That way I can do the PS3 while he's away and the Xbox when he's home. Openworld thinking.

Art Blade

;D Nice, Gord :) You might want to consider putting "xBox" to your profile, next to PS3 :)

Have fun playing that game :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

retiredgord

Well today I just finished this game and did enjoy it. As an earlier game of course there are things that I didn't really like, as in some of the cut scenes, and that you couldn't revisit an area to search for those tokens need to upgrade your craft. Oh well the game was still playable.
I had the hardest time getting out of that bad guys base inside the mountain but with some ingenuity stealth (of sorts) and the mad idea of using the little gyro copter I succeeded in downing all the baddies and escaping . The cut scene ended up putting me in one plane with a cannon (empty) and the guns. Where did my gyro go? Oh well that completed my collection. I had gone into IGN to check the walkthru for the end battle against this HUGMOUNGOUS  zep ( about 3 airfields long) and equipped with my nemesis weapon a tesla gun. It shoots electrical charge that disrupts your flying and aiming and takes away the planes health. In IGN they recommend the Devastator as the go-to craft. I tried and got killed 20 times so I went to a "borrowed" plane, a seaplane of all things, and got farther with that craft. I ended the game using it and the 20 groups of three homing missles and found those  and the heavy cannon were the right combo to send the bad guy into his own fiery hell.
An old Xbox game but has some replay as another name and character, and perhaps a better start.

sgatke

I remember playing the original Crimson Skies game on the PC.
That must have been back in 2000.

Unfortunately my PC back then was not that quick, so some levels were unplayable for me. But the levels I was able to play was very fun. I remember you could practically build your own plane - like choose a chassis, bolt on different classes of engines, armor and of course weapons. And there were huge Zeppeliners to shoot down :-)

Arhh wish I could find that cd again and make it run on Windows 7...

PZ

fragger

I've heard that Windows 7 is like Vista but with all the annoying bits removed (and there's a lot of them). I'm all for that! :-X

Art Blade

My next PC will unavoidably come with win7, but this time I won't revert to XP as I did with vista :)

fragger

So you upgraded to XP, huh? ;D Sometimes I wish I'd done that

Art Blade

I have two PCs, both came with vista home premium. While I leave one PC on vista (the older one), I only booted the other one (this) once to say "good-bye" and installed my good old XP professional on it. And I am happy  ;D

PZ

I must be sailing under lucky stars, but my experience with Vista Ultimate has been as good as my XP Pro based PCs.  The only problem I see with each OS (all Windows flavors) is that the longer you use them, the more your registry (among other things) clutters thereby losing performance.  I'm looking forward to Windows 7, but am not expecting too much having been victimized by the sloppy MS programming that I've experienced in the past.

Tags:
🡱 🡳