HitMan: Blood Money

Started by Art Blade, June 10, 2009, 05:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

I got looking around for HMBM for the PC but couldn't find it. I didn't think of checking online. However in my pursuit of games to play I did find it in the old Xbox format, one at an EB Games in London, Ont.  It cost me a whole 10 bucks. The other Hit Man (Contracts) is on Xbox so I should be able to have some upstairs gaming fun . It seems BM is very rare in this neck of the woods so I'll try when I go visit Texas in Nov. I'm also thinking of getting my new video card there as well, at least check the prices. Maybe near Christmas I'll be able to save some screenshots from my PC gameplay. Hey, Art, did you notice my last pics were MORE UP TO DATE?   ;D. My camera had not been changed for the present dates.
    I must experiment and do both FC2 on PC and on PS3 at the same time (when I can get the PS3 when the son is at w@&k) to see some differences that's been mentioned in the posts.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Cool Gord - game play on the PC has turned out to be much more fun for me that playing on the console, but that is because I like to tweak things to my liking.  Sort of like the difference between Mac and PC - I never liked the "black box" attitude of Apple right from the start a couple of decades or so ago.

Art Blade

welcome, welcome :) I still play it every once and again, and I keep having fun. Bloody fun.  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Hacko

I was playing the mission at the winery last night, and was in the wine cellar, and saw 2 party goers making out in a dark corner. I didn't think that was appropriate in public, so I disposed of them. :)

PZ

Wine cellar !!!

[man, I gotta get this game...]  ;)

Art Blade

Quote from: Hacko on October 09, 2009, 02:43:11 PMI didn't think that was appropriate in public, so I disposed of them. :)

Excellent.  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on October 09, 2009, 02:55:59 PM
Wine cellar !!!

[man, I gotta get this game...]  ;)

It is a huge wine cellar, and if you sneak around, you'll find a table with a small white line on it... The son of the estate has a little of that stuff around his nostrils I believe...  ;) I don't think that's appropriate either, so I disposed of the son who also happened to be a target. The line still on the table... didn't attract more people to sniff it off as long as I was around gesturing with big guns though  ;D

Hacko

I saw the son snorting that before I offed him. :) I guess it's true, drugs will kill you. ;D

Art Blade

something funny came to my mind, explosives. you can place one or more (depending on your advance) explosives that you can detonate remotely. I was just remembering I placed one of those under the desk with the white line to have that son cross the line and blow up... but some guard found the device and carried it away. The fun part is: you can still detonate that thing. Sends the carrier flying away and everything and everyone in a good range will frag as well  ;D

mmosu

There's a cool one in Hitman 2 involving explosives.  You're hired to off these two Russian mafia bosses in St. Petersburg.  They both arrive in limos at opposite ends of a park, their guards get out and block the entrances, then they both enter and meet in the middle for awhile, then they return to their cars and leave, giving you only a few minutes as a window of opportunity.  Well, if you are quick and know where you are going, you can get down in the sewer and sprint between the two ends of the park. It just so happens that you have explosives and, what's this? . . . What luck! . . . both cars just happened to park on top of sewer covers!  If you don't take any wrong turns underground and set the sprinting record, you have just enough time to plant explosives on the bottom of both cars before the end of the meeting.  The best part is coming back up to the surface in time to see the fireworks and the guards bodies go flying from around the cars when they finally light off!
Another option for this one is to break into a nearby church tower, climb to the top, strangle the sharpshooter there, and then wait for the start of the meeting when the two bosses hug - one shot, two kills ;)

PZ

Cool descriptions of the play - thanks for posting.  It sounds almost like an FC2 type of experience.  :-X

Art Blade

I remember that mission, I didn't think of the explosives combined with sewer entrances  :-X But I indeed did shoot them while they hugged  ;D

mmosu

What's funny is when you do it that way, it takes the guards a long time to figure out something is wrong, since the exact spot of the start of the meeting is just out of view of both entrances to the park, and you took out the only spotter who had an unobstructed view of the center.   
Another one I loved from that game was the one where you take out the guy in japan.  Assuming you are able to slip into his heavily guarded compound unnoticed, you are eventually presented with the opportunity do disguise yourself as a sushi chef.  And what's on the menu tonight you ask?  Fugu, which as any sushi fan knows, will almost instantly cause respiratory and cardiac arrest if prepared incorrectly and eaten.  Suffice to say, you are not a skilled sushi chef . . .

Art Blade

hehehehehe, nice one ;D I don't remember if I used that "technique" but I seem to remember I used something with an arrow... a crossbow? And weren't there rice paper windows that didn't shatter if you shot through? Long time... but that level was beautiful. I know for sure that at least once I killed the entire staff on that compound  :)

I found an interesting youtube vid for that level... crazy and excellent. This may give the others an idea of what HM2 looks like graphics-wise and how you use stealth, anesthetics and patience for silent assasination. But that player is stone cold and cool LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF9n62bPgzA

mmosu

Good stuff! It just reminds me how much there needs to be another installment in this series  ;D

They need to do like they are doing with God of War and come out with an HD remastered version of the original games all in one volume, so that you can move between the games seemlessly.

PZ

Is the "Blood Money" installment the most recent version?

Art Blade

retiredgord

Well fellows I just started the game on the Xbox and am finding it quite enjoyable. I just finished the first mission, the assassination of the the two drug lords and did the son in with a mine and the dad in with the poison. No guards knew it as with the son they just ran around. hehehe. The old guy bought it practising the cello. I was just a killer in this.  This could be fun.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Retiredgord is describing the "wine cellar" mission - as you can read, the way you can accomplish the mission is also changing the perspective of how you'd describe the same mission. Another way of doing the exact same cello/wine cellar mission is to be seen in some of my pics above... I'll show them again at the end of this post ;) By the way, the last pic shows a nice sniper position... you can see the balconies where the old fart (the cello player) will step around and have a smoke... Usually I take him out then and from there :)

Glad you like it, Retiredgord, and I bet you'll have lots of fun. I know you.  ;D

[smg id=769]
[smg id=770]
[smg id=771]
[smg id=772]

PZ

Is that a shotgun you're taking him out with from that sniper position?

Art Blade

It is a shotgun I'm holding there in that sniper position. I was just admiring the waterfalls, then. The old cello bloke is probably still in his room, with a piano cord tied around his broken neck  ;D

PZ

lol, I know - just giving you a bad time - no one would use a shotgun as a sniper weapon  ;D

I can just imagine a marine sniper with his spotter:
[spotter] "800 meters, wind 2 knots" 
[sniper] "I'd better switch to buck shot then]

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on October 12, 2009, 11:04:53 AM
lol, I know - just giving you a bad time - no one would use a shotgun as a sniper weapon  ;D

I can just imagine a marine sniper with his spotter:

lol, and I always fall for it.  :) Let me continue your conversation... about the conversation I had when defending that bloody farm (operation flashpoint dragon rising)

[spotter] "800 meters, wind 2 knots" 
[sniper] "I'd better switch to buck shot then"
[spotter] "Are you crazy? Hold it, mate!"
[sniper] "I can't see 'em!"
[spotter] "That's because you forgot your glasses. Told you to bring 'em."
[sniper] "Alrigh, alright! Just tell me what you see."
[spotter] "400 meters, wind 2 knots"
[sniper] "I know they're near. I can practically taste them!"
[spotter] "200 meters, wind 2 knots"
[sniper] "What's it with you and all that knots talk? Jus' tell me the distance!"
[spotter] "100 meters, then. Do you reckon we should crouch now?"
[sniper] "I'm going prone. You stand where you are. I need a bait!"
[spotter] (whispers) "50 m-meters. I'm scared sh!$less, mate!"
[sniper] "Alright, crouch. Any minute now..."
[mine] "BANG"
[enemy]+[spotter] "What the f..."
[sniper] "HEHEHEHEHEHE! GOTCHA!"

;D

PZ

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳