AP: How to access dossiers

Started by eor123, September 24, 2010, 09:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

Don't know if this is the best place to ask a question, but how do you access the dossiers?

I've gone through all the controller buttons I could and don't see accessing the PDA as an option. I was expecting it in the gadgets menu.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

"Access" can be two things: read or get.

I'll start with read:

Hit the TAB button on a PC (you'll have to find out which one it is on a console) to open a menu (your PDA) which consists of three sections:

Inventory - Intel - Service Records.

Click Intel. On top of the screen are two icons: a world map from where to access your missions, and to the right something that looks like a portrait photograph and a file, those are dossiers.

Click the dossiers icon to open a new menu where you'll see that you can now access either Faction or Individual dossiers, to the left. Click which one you'd like to check, and then you'll get a list (if you acquired any dossiers that is) of all dossiers you have access to.

Individual: At least Mina Tang should be there, she's the earliest person you'll get to know.
Faction: At least Alpha Protocol will be there very early.

How to get them:

When you're about to finish the Gray Box (tutorial), Westridge will tell you how. Basically when you talk to someone who mentions either a faction or a person, you'll see on your screen bottom left a message "dossier information: <name>" pop up and you'll hear a specific sound indicating that you received intel. Sometimes you get emails or at the clearinghouse's arms dealer you can buy intel: both may contain dossier information.

Keep in mind that you won't ever get to see a full dossier at once, you'll have to play and gather parts of dossiers until (if possible) you get a full dossier. Meet the right people, talk to them in ways that they will reveal info, buy intel, read emails.. bug listening posts (mission) to receive secret emails..

It's not a simple "there it is" game. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

I think you answered that one for me...thanks. I've been in the Inventory / Intel / Service Records menu but don't think I went into the Intel sub menu. I've completed a mission [ captured Nasri] and should have several dossiers to view.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳