Modding single player FC2

Started by TheStranger, August 27, 2011, 05:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

Here I am again :)

As I supposed earlier it is impossible to perform a faa animation on infamous, because you die instantly, when the last health bar is reached. But I made it w%&k on infamous.

I found a forum where one guy was able to make tools to unpack the FC2 files, so its possible to modify stats in the files. So I tweaked my files that  you don't need a half magazine to kill a merc and adjusted nearly all weapons to realistic values - so I can finally use the G3KA4. I also found the reason why the animations don't w%&k on infamous:

In the gamemodesconfig.xml you have these values:

<HealthDegenerationLevels>
             <DifficultyLevel CurveName="Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.EasyDegenerationRate" />
             <DifficultyLevel CurveName="Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.CasualDegenerationRate" />
             <DifficultyLevel CurveName="Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.HardcoreDegenerationRate" />
             <DifficultyLevel CurveName="Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.InfamousHealTime" />
         </HealthDegenerationLevels> 

I just replaced the InfamousHealTime with InfamousDegenerationRate. And it works (but it took me hours to find it).

Here is the whole thread, but the guide on page 1 doesn't w%&k as described because you have to change a few things (which took me many more hours to find out) - so if you expect problems just ask I (hope) I know the solution ;)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3421214&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I can say that FC2 is now perfect concerning the gameplay - now you can use all weapons because they have decent stats - nothing which would unbalance the game, I hate such things, so I was very careful what I edited.

Have fun :)

PZ

Very nice find, TheStranger - now I have yet another reason to go back into FC2  :-X

I love modding, and did not think it possible in FC2.  ;)

JRD

Thanks a lot TheStranger  :-X

Balancing hit damage is something I'm asking for ages, I just am too lazy to try to find the coding for it and working my way to do it myself.  ::)

After a while it made me develop a great accuracy in headshots with almost all weapons, so now I don't have to unload a full mag into a shirtless guy to kill him  >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Although I rarely reorganize posts, this one is an exception.  I've been reading the thread at the link TheStranger supplied and it has fantastic potential to inject an entirely new level of game play into Far Cry 2.

The potential is huge - we should be able to post tweaks for others to easily incorporate into their game.  It is only a shame that it only applies to the PC version of the game.  It might be a good idea to post a simple set of instructions on how to start using the modified version of the game, if you have time, TheStranger.

;)

TheStranger

I'll do it in the evening because unfortunately I don't have time for it now, and then you will see it's very easy. :)

nexor

my attempt to mod the AS50 to silent is not working, changed all the silent "false" values to "true" in 21/41_WeaponProperties, also checked gamemodesconfig but couldn't find any there, anyone with ideas????

PZ

I'd done that too some time ago, and the silent field did not w@&k for other weapons either.  I have not discovered what makes a weapon silent yet.  I was also looking to attach the sound of the dart rifle to the AS50 - would make it sound cool, and perhaps make it silent to the mercs as well.

nexor

maybe there is a setting elswhere me missing, just think how much fun it would be to have the AS50 silent

PZ

I'm definitely with you on that one - I imagine using the AS50 with it sounding like the dart rifle, but with all the destructive advantages of the big sniper round

nexor

maybe gibbed can assist, ahem......Mr gibbed sir????

Tags:
🡱 🡳