L.A. Noire

Started by Fiach, May 17, 2011, 12:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I know, it's going to be tough for you to hold back but if you ask nicely, I'll buy some for you. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Here some interesting things (apart from lingerie)  ^-^

[smg id=5933 type=preview align=center caption="1940s time clock"]
[smg id=5934 type=preview align=center caption="oil pump"]
[smg id=5935 type=preview align=center caption="Ford H-Boy"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on April 28, 2013, 09:04:17 AM
I know, it's going to be tough for you to hold back but if you ask nicely, I'll buy some for you. :-D

Ok, I s'pose a few frillies is OK :P
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Being a good Irishman, you do prefer wearing green frillies, I suppose? ^-^
for some reason it reminds me:
Quote from: Art Blade on March 13, 2013, 02:24:43 PM
??? if indeed the one who wrote the post I was surprised by wasn't Fiach but an obedient willing husband, wouldn't that mean that Fiach was the complementary (perhaps Brentwood) housewife?

err.. OK: "it ain't so." :-D

Art Blade

Fiach, I found something naughty for you..  :-D
[smg id=5936 type=preview align=center caption="made in Ireland"]

Art Blade

I do enjoy this game immensely :) By the way, every case can be selected for a re-play and there are several automatically saved games to pick to continue where you left.

So far, all cases solved flawlessly, completed "Traffic"  :-D
[smg id=5937 type=preview align=center caption="promotion 1"]
Here, a free roam option to choose  :)
[smg id=5938 type=preview align=center caption="traffic complete"]

PZ

That first image looks like it could have come out of one of the Fallout games.

Art Blade

yep, the late 40s already form a trend that stretches out into the 50s which is what FallOut mimics.

Fiach

Art Blade

thanks for that link, mate :) I think we'll have to wait and see, as usual.

Oh, and.. no comment on the lingerie bit?  :( I put in so much effort to keep you going  :-()

Quote from: Fiach on May 24, 2011, 01:59:37 AMThere was one case, I picked up two suspects, the evidence was pretty overwhelming against one of them, but the other was a child molester, so i put him in jail instead, I still solved the case with all correct answers ....wth???

I had that in mind all the time because it worried me a little. Now I just finished that mission called The Golden Butterfly murder case. I made a backup of the savegame before I did the interrogations so I could do that last bit again with a different outcome, just in case.

The captain told me before the interrogation that the child molester was a special acquaintance and that he wanted to deal with him personally no matter how it all would go.

Having finished the interrogations of the husband whom his daughter had accused of being violent against his wife, her mother (the victim) I wasn't sure whether or not he was the murderer. So I went and finished the interrogation of the known child molester in the other interrogation room. I got all answers correctly by both suspects but for me, however, none of them seemed to be convincing enough to accuse one of the suspects of murder.

Because I had to accuse one of them, I thought well, the other guy has a 15-year-old daughter who already lost her mother and would end up alone if her father was put away while the child molester was already known as such so I opted for the child molester and accused him of murder. I thereby solved the case with five stars (best possible).

Then I quit and used the backup savegame and did the same thing again except this time I accused the violent daddy of murder. The captain was furious and called it disappointing and that he had already promised the press (what the hell, before I finished the case?!) but still, I solved the case with three stars.

To me that looks like a political decision. If I had been allowed to do what I see fit, I would have continued the case trying to find more evidence or witnesses. The evidence I had wasn't at all enough to undoubtedly accuse one of them of murder.

Fiach

Sorry mate, hadnt noticed it, I thought I had left them in the glove compartment, thanks for finding them....er....hope you're not looking for a finders fee?... :-[ :o 8-X >:D

Art Blade

only if there are frills involved. :-D

Art Blade

Man, those random side missions, "street crimes," are really nice! This is 14 and 15 out of 40 different crimes. One took place in a bank, shooting from the street, into the bank and kill some more, I even had to use a lift to get upstairs to the vault and take out the remaining robbers. The second started outside some shop that got robbed and the robbers used an entrance to go underground, I chased them on rail tracks. I nearly got killed by a train that came by just the moment I stepped onto the tracks  :o ??? lol   :laugh:

[smg id=5941 type=preview align=center caption="Bank job 1"]
[smg id=5942 type=preview align=center caption="Bank job 2"]
[smg id=5943 type=preview align=center caption="random street crime 01"]

PZ

Art Blade

hey, you replied before I finished uploading the pics!  ??? :-D

PZ

Yeah... I was laughing at the interaction you were having with Fiach  :-()

Nice pics!  The graphics look great  :-X

Art Blade

oh I see  :-D And yes, the graphics are exceptionally nice :-X

Art Blade

Here, a pic of me ..and Fiach, about to go shopping.  :-D
[smg id=5944 type=preview align=center caption="shopping time"]

PZ

Fiach

ROFL!!! /end thread!  :-X :laugh:

Art Blade

Art Blade

Damn, I've just had a hard time to get one case straight taking a second go at it because the first time I only got four stars due to three missing clues. Not because of my own errors but game design. At a certain point in The White Shoe Slaying murder case you have two locations to choose from and it is the order that counts plus it does count when you investigate a certain yellow cab trace. Checking out the wrong one first will deprive you of one complete branch of investigation hence the lack of evidence despite the fact that the second location and that cab driver are still there and have to be investigated.  :D However, I managed and got my five stars.

Edit:

Here is the bus driver whom you'll never get to see if you got the wrong order.
[smg id=5961 type=preview align=center caption="bus driver"]

Coming up is the cab driver. I'll take him as a role model for what you can see throughout the game, facial expressions are incredible. I created a patchwork so don't worry about the strange format :)
[smg id=5946 type=preview align=center caption="facial expressions"]

PZ

Cool; much better than the robot-like faces reminiscent of ventriloquist dummies you see in most games.

Art Blade

Absolutely. Even random NPCs on the streets look good :)

It basically feels as if you were actually playing in a movie :) Voice acting, preps, all those billions of details.. Remember the pic showing me and "Fiach" in front of a shop? All those things you see in any shop window are 3D models, not just 2D pictures that always annoyed me in most games.

Here, even a contemporary aeroplane of the 40s can be seen in the following picture (I cropped and resized it) that also shows my newest achievement, a posh suit with a fancy shoulder holster -- the suit gets unlocked reaching rank 18 out of 20 (which means I got that rank quite early due to all those 5-star-ratings and finishing 17 out of 40 street crimes) It provides more damage resilience.

[smg id=5947 type=preview align=center caption="Hawkshaw rank 18"]

Binnatics

You certainly get to the bottom of this :-D

But indeed, the game detail is remarkable. And for the expressions; They are damn good. The only thing negative there is to say about them is that the eyes sometimes seem a bit flat, like a moving painting. Not that this is annoying, just a minor thing that could be farther approved in the next edition ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳