Bulletstorm

Started by deadman1, August 28, 2010, 02:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

Coming out on 22 feb 2011 for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 it looks really cool  >:D

http://www.fz.se/filmer/20100827/bulletstorm-gamescom/

Art Blade

hehe, nice one  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Cool - kind of reminds me of Fallout 3 and Just Cause 2 (the juggle kill part).  Should be interesting to see how this one develops.

mmosu

Interesting, looks like it has potential.  I hope they don't rely too heavily on their "juggling" gimmick and neglect to develop a good game underneath.  I'm wary when I see things like this cause I've played a lot of games that tried to live (and ultimately died) on the back of some cool gameplay hook that in the end wasn't strong enough to single-handedly carry the title (Wanted: Weapons of Fate is the most recent example I can think of).  Hopefully they can avoid that fate, the giant lizard thing looks like it's a good start  :-X

Art Blade

looks like he'd make a good breakfast. How do we roast that thing? ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

With the world's largest flame-thrower  :-D

Art Blade

call PZ in, he's good at roasting and making sauces  ;D

I'll bring HP brown sauce (for you English guys, you'll know that one)  ;D

JRD

Looks amazing... but too linear and heavily scripted, unfortunately.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 28, 2010, 10:22:16 AM
looks like he'd make a good breakfast.
You mean he looks like a chef?  :-()

Art Blade

hahaha  ;D nice one  :-X  I kind of suspected someone would pick up that ambiguous sentence. Of course it had to be you   :-D

PZ

:-() I think you were "fishing" with that one!  :-D

Art Blade

Erm, originally I wanted to eat it. Now with that idea of yours.. not bad.. maybe we can get a really decent breakfast rather than a snack if we sacrifice that thing.. who knows what's going to bite if we throw it in to bait something really big  ;D

PZ

Art Blade

Fiach

End of feb release date, reminds me a bit of Borderlands;

Bulletstorm - Hey Man Nice Shot Trailer (HD 720p)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

deadman1

Definately a game to keep an eye on.  :-X

PZ

Looks promising!  :-X

Fiach

I just read a 4 page preview of this game.

The bad news .... its a 360 Exclusive, made by Epic (Gears of War) and People can Fly.

The good news, it looks awesome, its not just a shooter, you can FPS through a level, but the big rewards are for stylish carnage, using environmental hazards to rain death and destruction on your enemies.

It has many different modes, You can do the levels in bite sized chunks for speed runs and leader boards, with no storyline or cutscenes, or you can have the levels with the Storyline as normal.

There is only Co-Op play as multiplayer, no Vs. Multuplayer, the skills and weapons etc are so powerful, MP was too frustrating, because of people messing around. The Co-Op play is pretty cool, with team w@&k providing the more inspiring takedowns, different enemies with have logos beside their HP suggesting the best Co-Op takedown, with will need a combination of skills by each player to kill the opponent with devestating coolness :), For example, Partner shoots enemy in the crotch and you kick it in the head as it bends over, another is the leash (see the video), both players attach the leash on the enemy and rip it apart, or how about ...... well you get my drift :)

All the weapons have alternate fire modes that seem pretty cool, like a bouncing football bomb you kick at opponents or the boneduster that melts the flesh of your enemies and disolves them as they rush towards you, or a shot gun that fires air .... huh? .... yeah, if you fire from a distance it pushes your opponent away (eg. off a cliff) at close range it will blow them in half.

It also has the Borderlands Second Wind feature, which is pretty cool imo.

Edited for added carnage :)

deadman1

360 exclusive!!  :'( I was looking forward to doing some stylish killing.  :D

Fiach

deadman1

Quote from: Fiach on December 17, 2010, 04:20:04 PM
It says here that is is coming out on PC and PS3 *shrugs*

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/untitledpeoplecanflyproject/news.html?sid=6266419&mode=previews

Just checked my gamingsources and they say it´s out for all 3 platforms  ????

Fiach

Yes, I meant to say PC and PS3 as well, my bad :)

I was just thinking last night, People can fly made Painkiller, it was an awesome PC FPS, it didnt get great reviews ..... because of the story ....wth?  :D

Anyway, it was a great shooter, about a guy battling hells minions with awesome weapons.

Two off the top of my head, one was a kind of tripwire you shot out of a gun, it formed a razor wire between you and where it anchored and you could move around while it was anchored and as it swept through enemies it kind of scythed them down like corn.

Another one fired humungous stakes that impaled your enemies onto what ever surface was behind them.

It was a really great game, I still remember the sound of the machine gun, it was like a jackhammer at 3am in the morning!

You can d/l it here inc its expansion for $4.99,   :

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/painkiller

Actually GoG has some awesome games in their catalogue that are well worth checking out (link)

deadman1

Here´s a little insight on the characters and story from the developers. Beware of some colorful language though  ;) :-()

http://www.fz.se/filmer/20101220/bulletstorm-dev-diary-story-and-character/

Fiach

Thanks Deadman :)

Just read another article in 360 magazine, it was very interesting the way they see the game as the spiritual sucessor of the likes of Doom and on a totally divergent path from the likes of CoD etc.

They were very impressed with the permutaions of combat skills, like using a few different skills to take out enemies, there is even a bolas grenade, that wraps itself around the enemies and explodes.

But basically it boils down to ... the more skill you have/use, the greater your reward XP will be for each kill, getting you better equipment, basically if you play it like a standardd FPS, you will have crap gear, you need to treat it as Bulletstorm, use the skills for the kills to gedt more XP.

I really like the addition to single player its called Echoes, you play a level in the story line, you can replay it without the cutscenes/dialogue etc, just go in and kick a$$ and mess around.

I really hope the SP will have a good story, I know it seems superfluous for a FPS, but from what I'm reading this game could be a one-stop-shop and have everything, SP/MP/Co-Op and just balls to the wall arenas .... very much like Borderlands, the story isnt great but the characters (classes) are awesome, it has great SP/MP/Co-Op and Arena (Moxxie which i must get this week if I get the time  :'())

Thanks again :)

deadman1

Tags:
🡱 🡳