Brink

Started by JRD, August 19, 2010, 03:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

Just chanced upon an old news post from the Brink site. This is for anyone who has the time, cash and interest in self customising a Nerf gun into a Gerund.

http://www.splashdamage.com/content/913/creating-brink-nerf-gun

I imagine it'd be quite rewarding and the end result does look great - but like I say, not cheap or quick.

Nevertheless, a bit of fun.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Jim di Griz

Maybe due to finding the above, but I jumped onto Brink again yesterday and just can't stop now. Two days solid...

The numpty-factor online is still there but less disturbing as I'm having fun going through as a specific class. Currently Medic and Operative whilst building those up to their maximum potential.

The Medic class is a lot easier than the game forum users suggest (or I recall) but now that I'm older and wiser  :laugh: I'm finding better weapons combinations for each of these, plus having fun with new abilities previously ignored.

Had a few solid victories on Versus - notably stopping the Resistance from even blowing their way into the prison. I just went to the left hand MG position above the gate, then when the R-boys planted their charge, jumped down and disrmed it and held my ground until the timer ran out. It was close for a while there with only me there, ducking out and lobbing various grenades and letting off bursts of gunfire while peeking out from cover - stopped 'em though  :)

Still can't do that missile mission as Security on Versus though - I can set up a solid defense line but then I get no Operatives turning up to be defended... >:((

Ahh well, perseverence is probably a virtue.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Art Blade

MP is either a complete chaos or you have some cracks running about doing things so quickly you don't even know what's going on by the time the game is over. Quite a funny game, though  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Yeah, that's the downside to PC games I suppose  :) Still funny on consoles though when they run off and get lost because they only just bought the game - still, I was like that for the first week  :laugh:

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

I don't suppose anyone here has played this on PS3...Fiach maybe?

I managed to get that stop the missile lauch mission a few days ago and have been clearing up on the remaining trophies. Not that I'm a trophy nut, I just hate loose ends.

I have just one trophy left to get now and that is proving durn difficult due to the idiot AI - spot and mark a mine as an operative, then have an engineer disarm it. There are various methods around, but maybe the patch has nixed these as I don't seem able to get it done.

So back to my question, anyone played this on PS3 fancy meeting up to 'assist'? No problems if not, though I'd kick myself if I didn't ask nd it was that simple.

MeanElf is the PSN ID.

Jim di Griz

All sorted now, finally got an engineer to do the deed instead of dashing off and building an MG-nest in some random spot  ^-^

It was frustrating though - I was even purposefully standing on the mines I'd spotted (they only blow when you step off them again), so that the engineer would get a side mission to come and rescue me...like hell he did.

fragger

You can't rely on anyone these days :-()

Jim di Griz

Quote from: fragger on August 31, 2012, 03:38:02 AM
You can't rely on anyone these days :-()
:-() I shot him after that  :)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳