So I fired FC2 today...

Started by JRD, November 10, 2012, 08:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

... since March this year... the thought of having purchased Far Cry 3 made me want to taste a bit of action till the game is released and I can download it from STEAM.

My latest game had Quarbani in the early missions in Leboa Sako, the current being: Destroy the commandos Gear in Mokuba. As I loaded the game I was in the Private Property after having done the Buddy mission there... lure the commandos into the shanty town.

Night was falling and I was really eager to see again the beauty of the game... but I had to shoot a few mercs first.... man... the thrill of being in a firefight again barely remembering the controls was amazing. So I made my way out of the private property towards Mokuba through the main roads, driving my AT and killing everybody on my way  >:D . My loadout was the first sniper rifle you can purchase (can't remember the name), the dual barrel sawed off shotty from the DLC and a PKM for delivering serious fire power.

It's been so long since I bursted into the dreadful Mokuba that it felt really great! I felt alive (unlike those poor dumb mercs  8) ). The mission takes you through the usual and best way of getting there, from north, where you can attack from a higher ground killing the rocket laucher merc first. After that the raid was like seeing old friends and putting a bullet through their eyes!  ;D and by the time I reached the wrecked bus in the middle of the village everybody was dead!

I destroyed the gear with a single grenade and went after my Buddy, Jossip, further down to the southeast of Mokuba as he was having a meeting with some other errr... clients! He got injured, I used a syrette, mission complete. I was night time So I hiked to a nearby safehouse to take a nap and wait till the sunrise to see the beauty of the African landscape once again after so many time. The map was so full of exclamation marks that it seemed Christmas all over again!

Now I thought... well... let's have some fun! Where do I want to go first? And that's when I remembered I have to go through the same repopulated areas all over again to get to any mission!  :-\\ ... yes, it was such a let down.... I'll go back in again and have some more fun but the thought of all the respawns really puts me down.

I just hope FC3 finds a way of having you roam through the island without so much shooting but, at the same time, without being boring!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mandru

Nice accounting of this most recent jaunt in FC2.  I too am tearing things up again in Africa waiting for the clock to run out until FC3's release.

Quote from: JRD on November 10, 2012, 08:31:46 AM

... the raid was like seeing old friends and putting a bullet through their eyes!  ;D

Brother, you do live in a rough neighborhood.  ???
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Fun to read of your experience; because I've played so many times I can almost see the action in my mind's eye  ;)

Because I've modded FC2 on the PC to include the availability of the silent AS50 from the start, the game is much more fun for me.  I've never been too fond of unlocking increasing capability.  After all, if in real life I was a beginning Navy SEAL, they would not make me use a machete on a mission simply because I did not have combat experience.

fragger

Quote from: JRD on November 10, 2012, 08:31:46 AM
...And that's when I remembered I have to go through the same repopulated areas all over again to get to any mission! ... the thought of all the respawns really puts me down.

You could have taken the bus from the stop up just up the road from where you helped Josip and had only one AT to deal with along the way :)

JRD

mandru, you're right, I could've.  :-X

But actually the whole "being attacked everywhere, everytime" thing is what hit me then. I guess I got old and lazy  ;D

Edit:

I got an aassassination contract in Shwasana. Drove all the way up there and went around the swamp over the hills to the north. I usually attack from the small river entrance but am doing something a little different this time! A few unfortunate encounters in the way: a GP across a bridge gave me some trouble and one AT almost got me in the same spot. The good thing is I've managed to get rid of everybody with he sniper... good fun, good fun!  ;D

Jim di Griz

Yeah, I like the northern approach but there are a few nasty surprises alright. Like your good self, I like to try it differently if I can. As our PS3 is playing up with most new discs, I am doing a mission or so each time, so that the laser heads can 'warm up' and then I can play whatever game I intended to.

It does mean I am slowly working through another playthrough each day. Sometimes though I do get carried away  ^-^ and only play FC2.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JRD

A nice way of playing through with a taste of change is to use a completely different loadout. I once played with a shotgun as my prime weapon with a flame thrower and a 6P9. I usually go with a sniper, M79 and PKM!

It makes you think of new ways of approaching any area in the game!  :-X

Jim di Griz

Yup indeed, been doing that too - it does mix things up.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳