Operation Anchorage

Started by Ricamundo, November 03, 2009, 03:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

I finished up the Operation Ankorage mish yesterday. >>>SPOILERS>>> Lots of fun, but it played out like a classic corridor shooter most of the time. The snow swept mountains on the outside added a cool(pun internded) and desolate feel to the level. I wasnt too thrilled with the ending tho, where you confront the un-armoured Chinese General, and his sword. It must have takedn 10-15 combat shotgun blasts to the face to kill him... riiiight. Was this an MP map converted to SP? It sure played like one.
More SPOILERS>>>

Im now doing another great level, but im not sure if this one is one of the DLC's or not. I've been abducted by aliens, and im currently trying to escape their ship with the help of a rather annoying little moppet. Cool alien weapons and artifacts! I hope i get to keep all their stuff when i get back to the wasteland. 8)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Ricamundo

Just to finish up my thoughts on the 2nd DLC Mothership Zeta. I finally got off that ship, after much aimless wandering and checking walkthroughs.

The good.. fascinating alien gadgets and artifacts, some of which you can pick up and some you can't.

Lots of artifacts and weapons that you can take away and sell back at Megaton for caps. Handy, is the alien gel(cant remember its name) that you find everywhere that can be used to repair wahtever weapon you are using, Grab lots of these.

really cool looking machines, computers, and other alien tech on the ship, most of which you cant interact with.

Lots of variations of aliens some harmless, and some dangerous.

Not so good...

Very confusing layout and a lack of directions, like signage, unless there were alien symbols that went over my head. I was lost and quite frustrated at times. :D

When i finally got to the bridge, and was reunited with my fellow prisoners, i had to shoot down another alien ship nearby that was returning fire, and while this was going on, aliens continuously spawned on the bridge shooting at us. I dont multi task well, so i was getting annoyed having to constantly turn from firing at the alien ship to kill aliens on the bridge. My buddies were a help here, but werent very effective.

I still think, despite is bad reviews by virtually everone who's played it, that it's worth playing it once, if for nothing wlse than all the loot you can take with. The alien Disintegrator rifle is quite effective against ghouls, and Mirelurks in particular.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Ricamundo

I stared a new mish yesterday, and after checking it turned out to be another of the DLC's.

It's called Point Lookout, and it's really cool! unlike the other 2 ive played, this one is very much like the vanilla game. You take a trip on a ferryboat to an island with an abandoned amusement park, but that's just the start.

Like the vanilla game, it is it's own mini world that you can wander about, interacting with some, and acquiring quests. The woman standing behind one of the booths near the ferris wheel is the local buy/sell/repair merchant. visit the motel for an interesting quest. Originally i took the ferryboat ride after getting a quest from the mother of a missing girl. The mother was standing in front of the ferry back at its starting point.

once you leave the amusement park, you enter a bayou like world full of moonshiners, and hillbillies, which is good fun. There's quite a few spots to visit on this island, so i encourage exploration. 8)

Fiach

Have you not gone to the mansion yet?

Probably the best character in all FO3 is based there.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

I'm so glad that the FO3 board now exists - I doubt that I'd be into the game nearly as much without all the "teasers" that I'm reading about.  I'm also going to some of the mod sites - there is evidently a huge collection of mods that change the game.  :-X

Ricamundo

Quote from: Fiach on November 07, 2009, 07:41:36 AM
Have you not gone to the mansion yet?

Probably the best character in all FO3 is based there.

Nope, not yet. i just finished the moonshiner mish, and im on another that started at the motel. Im kinda doing a circuit of all the un-visited sites.(i have that explorer perk, which marks everything of interest).

I found a church but you need a key to get in, argh. Same with that abandoned ship on the rocky shoals. >:( I'll get to the mansion eventually.

BTW, thx PZ for making FO3 into its own forum. I think it's more than worthy.

Fiach

You need to go to the mansion first, to unlock those places :P
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Ricamundo

Aha, figures. ::) I did visit another mansion with some old geezer in it who has asked me to retrieve some book. hey a 1000 caps sounds alrighty to me. ;)

Ricamundo

I finished the Point Lookout mod today. I recommend it. Lotsa fun. 8) ;D

PZ

Quote from: Ricamundo on November 07, 2009, 01:06:11 PM
Aha, figures. ::) I did visit another mansion with some old geezer in it who has asked me to retrieve some book. hey a 1000 caps sounds alrighty to me. ;)

The old guy was a bum - if it sounds too good to be true it is - he wanted to use the book for evil things so I killed him.

Tags:
🡱 🡳