AC2 (PC) Screenshots

Started by Art Blade, March 15, 2010, 08:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I'm trying to have some fun during carnival in Venice, but there are limits. :-* ;)

If you're wondering what I'm doing there, well, I'm just swinging an axe you could split an ox with ;D

[smg id=2401 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Nice screenies :-X

I haven't played AC2, so I'm bewildered by the screen message in the last pic. Does it mean that if you kill too many civvies, you'll have some sort of a fit? ;D

Art Blade

More likely the other way round, if you have some sort of a fit which makes you kill too many civilians, the game will sort you out by having you restart from the last savepoint  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Here you can take a close look at the golden mask you had to steal from Dante Moro :)

[smg id=2402 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

Two shots at Villa Monteriggioni

[smg id=2403 align=center width=400]
[smg id=2404 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

Hired thieves follow you almost everywhere.

[smg id=2405 align=center width=400]

PZ

Excellent screen shots - brings back fine memories  ;)

I recall the term "desynchronized" used when I killed one too many civilians.

Art Blade

Thanks, PZ :)

And indeed,
Quote from: PZ on July 19, 2010, 01:18:19 PM
I recall the term "desynchronized" used when I killed one too many civilians.

..or when you ran outside of the boundaries of a specific mission area, or if your target left a specific area (escaped), or if you or someone killed a person that was supposed to survive, or if you failed during a mission (contests during Carnival of Venice), or if you ran out of time during a timed event, or if you died during a mission or, last but not least, if you had been detected when you shouldn't have been.

I guess that's all.  ;D

Art Blade

Finally got the Condottiero War Hammer (having collected and deposited 50 feathers, your uncle tells you that he had the blacksmith make one for you to pick up at the weapons shop, still costs 30,000+ florins including discount for upgrading the blacksmith to the max at Monteriggioni)

[smg id=2406 align=center width=400]

PZ

Cool - how is it as a weapon?

Art Blade

It's the second from the top, and it is considerably weaker than Altaïr's sword. So I reckon it was designed for those players who kept collecting feathers like maniacs and arrived with 50 of them very early at the villa so the condottiero hammer is better than what you get early in the game but not as good as other weapons. Quite a disappointment for me because I already had Altaïr's sword by the time I got that hammer.

spaceboy

it's all about the style man.  That thing is cool looking!  I too got my feather collecting underway after completing the story, but it is fun to walk around with that thing.

As for finding feathers I posted a link here somewhere to a site I believe called the hiddenblade.  It is an awesome interface with pics for finding all the feathers.  I resorted to it after getting about 70% on my own...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

PZ

I have to admit that the red trim does make the hammer look cool  ;)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 18, 2010, 11:43:44 PM
Found out something that amuses me: I hired four groups of thugs and sent them after guard patrols. You can see about three (victorious) groups right now, the last one is fighting outside of the borders of that pic. Quite some ruckus, then  ;D

[smg id=2102 align=center width=400]
I assume you hired them sequentially, but the initial ones kept fighting - good series of photos; makes me want to return to Italy  :-()

Art Blade

your assumption is correct  :)

PZ

I just populated my PS3 wallet with the funds necessary to purchase the new DLC - now let's see if I can download it successfully  ????

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 18, 2010, 06:23:17 PM
Now I understand you guys (especially PZ) why you were ranting about "races" -- took me quite a bit to find a way to beat that fricking Capture The Flag contestant. Only because I found out that it is better to jump off a roof and lose most of the health points but be quick down and near the flag than trying to catch up with that ba$t@rd who otherwise, for some reason, mostly got and kept the flag.
[smg id=2096 align=center width=400]

Have you ever tried shooting the fast runner from the rooftop?

(I do tend to rant  :-())

Art Blade

I never tried to shoot him.. you're evil.. I like that.  :-()

Art Blade

PZ

^+-+

Someone on the forum actually gave me the idea to shoot the flag contestant, but I can't remember who!

In any case, your screen captures are excellent  :-X

mandru

In the capture the flag contest the only thing I've found to be consistently successful is at full tilt the initial plunge off the rooftop refill health while getting to the flag and then cut back and to the left of the flag's position where there's a canal bridge or a passage way between buildings and get to the roof tops!

On the flat your opponent will run you down in a flash and your only edge is better free running agility.

Also as you are running back to the finish line there is a spanning cable that allows a way to cut over to the staging point that effectively causes you to cross the start point in the opposite direction and however appealing shaving a few seconds off your time may seem at the moment don't do it!

Stay on that parallel roof top and run past the objective and then take the next cable span to hit the start/finish line facing the direction the flag will be at the beginning of the next race.  Trust me.

If you cross the finish line facing the wrong direction then at the start of the next race you will start out also facing in the wrong direction and this is an event that off the start every split second counts.   :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

The next time I do this event, I'm going to try to shoot the flag contestant  >:D

However, this is the "fair" way that I like to do the contest:

AC2-timed event-Carnivale flag race

Art Blade

Funny.. I chose a different route, I'm quite sure I did. I remember I too jumped down like that, grabbed the flag and ran past a few ladies -- next to them was a soil pipe or ladder I used to run up to the roofs and I believe I ran just the opposite direction, other than that bloke.

Tags:
🡱 🡳