Just Cause 3

Started by PZ, April 12, 2015, 08:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

Quote from: PZ on October 22, 2015, 10:03:40 AM
The only problem for me is that it appears to be only available as a digital download  :'(

I feel sorry for you guys who can't get a high speed and uncapped fiber connection  8-X :D

I haven't tried any of the Just Cause games. Do you guys recommend them? Right now, I'm waiting for Call of Duty: Black Ops III, but I could try an open world game where you can DEMOLISH everything  :-D >:D
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Although I have only played JC2, I love it. There is a significant modding community that has created excellent (and sometimes funny) mods.  I personally recommend it highly, but as we all know, gaming is an individual preference.

In the JC2 world, you can go from desert to snow capped mountains and everything between. The world is huge, and you can spend hundreds of hours just doing side missions and exploring the world.  Some time ago, I uploaded a save game that has the minimal number of requisites done, and revealed the entire map with all of it's locations.  I still play the game using that as a starting point.

OWGKID

Okay. I enjoy open world games and I have played a similar game called Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. You can collect stuff like cash and bombs and almost everything in the world can be destroyed  >:D There are some side missions that can be done (taking outposts and capturing bounties).

I will see if I'm going to buy JC3, but not now. Will probably watch some reviews and take it from there ;) Can't wait until November 6th :-D
LEGACY

OWGKID

Graphical options for Just Cause 3 has been revealed :-()

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Menu 1
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Menu 2
LEGACY

fragger

Now those are options ??? Maxing them out would probably make my poor old aging GPU catch alight or something :-()

PZ

Looking forward to it  :-X

OWGKID

Quote from: fragger on October 28, 2015, 06:01:01 AM
Maxing them out would probably make my poor old aging GPU catch alight or something :-()

How old? You could probably run the game at low/medium settings and with reduced/no anti-aliasing and other postFX options ;)
LEGACY

fragger

GeForce GT 545.

I could run the game OK like you said, with settings turned down, reduced res and AA and post off. But with everything maxed, I might get a couple of FPS if I'm lucky :-() I can't run FC4 maxed - well I can, but I get a lousy frame rate.

OWGKID

Nice. I managed to make GTA 5 run at my i7, although it was on 800x640 and everything on low/normal settings :-D :laugh:
LEGACY

PZ

4K trailer - really impressive world in which to "play"

Just Cause 3

PZ

Art Blade

that is really looking good. I'll keep it in mind for when I run out of games. :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I watched the first 40 minutes or so of the game and LOVE the setting - so much better than Panau.  The wing suit in combination with the grapple hook is killer transportation.

Because they are not offering physical media (not that it matters much) I plan on pre-ordering on Steam because they have a 10% discount going on right now.

fragger

Fantastic-looking game :-X

PZ

Dang... just started the download of JC3 and it is over 51 gb  ???

Art Blade

well, there's going to be lotsa nice graphics I s'pose, then :-()

PZ

I guess so  ^-^  The world is rather large - am looking forward to seeing how it looks on screen rather than through YouTube

PZ

Well, the game is now backed up onto my computer and will play with different ways to get it onto a USB 3.0 external drive so I can bring home and install

The actual download was only 38.6 gb, but the backup is the 51.4 gb - a little compression goes a long way

Took about 30 minutes to get it onto my standard USB 3.0 Seagate drive.

PZ

Evidently AMD users are experiencing significant frame rate issues as are the consoles (worst is XBox)

nVidia already has a new JC3 game ready driver, and I'll install it just before I run the game to see what "optimal" settings the Geforce Experience app selects for me.

OWGKID

The game also DOESN'T SUPPORT SLI/Crossfire support (which absolutely necessary for 4K @ ultra settings and 60 fps) :angry-new:
LEGACY

PZ

I have not even installed the game at home yet because I haven't been able to leave FO4 yet.  I thought I would be so excited about JC3 that I'd put FO4 on the back burner, but maybe this weekend - I'd at least be interested in discovering what issues I'll have.

PZ

Sometimes the obvious escapes me - Today I copied the Fallout4 game files from my w@&k PC to the Surface Pro 3 and it took only 7 minutes - shoulda done this the first time  :D

Art Blade

just at least try to remember it the next time ^-^

PZ

Wish me good luck with that!  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳