Mirror's Edge

Started by JRD, January 08, 2010, 01:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Quote from: Binnatics on September 07, 2011, 01:44:52 PM
I think this game might be like Portal; A test-like game to try a new way of thinking.

I think you're right about a test like game.

btw, the sequel is called Battlefield 3  lol.  No but really so much of what I've read of your characters movements in BF3 (sliding, standing up, jumping over stuff and climbing) is what you see in ME. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

Quote from: spaceboy on September 09, 2011, 10:14:43 AM
btw, the sequel is called Battlefield 3  lol.

Same developer, so that statement may be more true than you think  ;)

As far as the DLC goes, it was drastically different from the main game.  The courses consisted of brightly colored platforms and ramps suspended in mid air, it at least seemed more open than the single player campaign.

mmosu

spaceboy

Quote from: mmosu on September 09, 2011, 02:58:11 PM
Quote from: spaceboy on September 09, 2011, 10:14:43 AM
btw, the sequel is called Battlefield 3  lol.

Same developer, so that statement may be more true than you think  ;)

hello McFly - that's what I meant.   ;)  Actually ME being made by DICE is what made me so interested in it since I love me my Battlefield Bad Co games so much  :-D

JRD

Very nice vid mmosu, thanks!  :-X

It changes completely the game as the path doesn't have to look like a city. Out of the box thinking!  8)

It is also pure time trial as it says in the end, but that's the only replay appeal the game has anyway.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

JRD

All right, final shots... another playthrough is over

Here's a nother view of the city

[smg id=3689]

Then another

[smg id=3690]

At the docks. There's a whole level inside that ship.

[smg id=3691]

Final chapter. You are to go up that building...

[smg id=3692]

... through the elevator shaft

[smg id=3693]

Last view before credits... this is The City. It could very well be a great open world game don't you think?  :-\\

[smg id=3694]

Binnatics

Absolutely,

I'm still moved by the colours in the game. Realworld cities could take an example of it :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mmosu

Quote from: spaceboy on September 09, 2011, 03:06:08 PM
hello McFly - that's what I meant.   ;) 

^+-+ Ten points for the Back to the Future reference!  ;D

spaceboy

Quote from: mmosu on September 12, 2011, 06:55:03 AM
Quote from: spaceboy on September 09, 2011, 03:06:08 PM
hello McFly - that's what I meant.   ;) 

^+-+ Ten points for the Back to the Future reference!  ;D
lol, well we just recently watched the first movie a few weeks back with the kids, then actually last night we watched the 2nd.  The 3rd sometime this week.  I never saw the 2nd or 3rd installments, but yeah it's all about BTTF in my house right now... 8)

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on September 10, 2011, 02:00:31 PM
Last view before credits... this is The City. It could very well be a great open world game don't you think?  :-\\

[smg id=3694]

Indeed. That pic reminds me very much of JustCause2 which is open world.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - like Panau City - reminds me of a mission where you are chasing a helicopter from an airport to a landing site on a building in the big city.  That was a tough one for me.

Jim di Griz

The possibility of a sequel for ME isn't as dead as used to be the case. EA recently started making it public that they want to do the Sony thing (though they didn't call it that  ;)) and support smaller, unusual games in future and specifically mentioned ME. Okay, they also said that it wouldn't necessarily be a ME2 sequel but they did like the game and were looking at other DICE projects.

Not surprised that they like DICE though, what with BF3 netting them so much money since its release. Like Space said though, DICE used what they had for BF3 too - the Paris office building section as well as the villa interiors are so very reminiscent of ME that it's quite disorientating.

Great game.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JRD

Hi Jim Di Griz... I remember you from My Game Pages... nice to see you around too!

I'd like to see something similar to ME released one day... I explained how I appreciate the potential of the game but also how I felt frustrated at times due to poor game design. If they take ME as a starting point and do something along those line but better, I don't care whether they call it ME2 or not, that's a game I'd put on my radar

Jim di Griz

Quote from: JRD on August 08, 2012, 03:55:03 PM
Hi Jim Di Griz... I remember you from My Game Pages... nice to see you around too!
Guilty as charged  :) indeed JRD I remember your own posts over there  :-X sorry for the slight delay in comms - just back from a week in Vancouver, chillin' and out of communication range  :)

Agreed that ME gameplay can be irritating as hell sometimes - I'd like to see the parkour element used again, especially if added to by the capacity for improvement as shown in Brink's free-flow style. There was w@&k done on ME 2 after 1 came out, but I doubt they'd do that now.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JRD

Quote from: Jim di Griz on August 12, 2012, 03:04:29 AM
just back from a week in Vancouver, chillin' and out of communication range  :)

8)  :-X

I read about some w@&k being done in ME2 short after 1 came out too but it was dropped due to the bad reviews and poor sales. That should be the best decision. If a franchise never nail it in the first game, they should never associate the name to a new game even if it represents a huge step forward... basic marketing 101  ;)

I can only hope they use the parkour idea on another title and that they nail it this time! 8)

Art Blade

kind of like what they did in BRINK! -- clever automatic movement
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

True!

Which proves that parkour is a great game element as it creates multiple ways of interacting with the surrounding environment.  :-X

Brink was more team based, multiplayer focused whereas ME was pretty much a single player experience with a background story to connect the dots (not a good one though).

Binnatics

There's going to be a new Mirror's Edge released next month for PC! Called Mirror's Edge Catalist. Looks amazing:

! No longer available
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

When JRD finds out about it, he'll be in time to get it at a bargain bin price. 8-X :-()

mmosu

I saw this was coming out, but all I know of it is the "open world" buzzword being used. Don't know how well the term will actually stick to this one, as it seems to be used with highly varying degrees of honesty these days...hopefully it will deliver  :-X

Binnatics

I also read 'open world' indeed. Curious ;)

They state that you have the entire City of Glass open for you to explore but the short peak I took on the gameplay, it's pretty mission based; so I wonder when and how you get to explore it. And what else than glass buildings are there to find? We'll see when it comes out ;)

Art Blade

you might find several spots where to catch a glimpse of some rather interesting details on the buildings' glass facades while plummeting down towards yet another most spectacular gut-wrenching death.

Binnatics

lol, that sounds epic :laugh: :-X

Art Blade

epic? nice, hehehe  :-D I was hoping you might enjoy that sentence, cheers ^-^

Tags:
🡱 🡳