Bulletstorm

Started by deadman1, August 28, 2010, 02:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

nice  ;D

This game will first cause our German censors to faint and drop unconscious for a while and then lead to a full ban. I'm just glad we can still import games if we want  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Nice find mate! That Gears of War Beta code is going to make Bulletstorm a pretty big hit on the 360.  :-X
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Fiach

It would appear we have two Bulletstorm threads, one in War and Combat and one in Sci-Fi and Fantasy, as it could suit either forum, maybe they could be merged together into just of them to save confusion please?  :-X

Fiach

Quote : Through the division of Portuguese Eurogamer come to know, in fact quite a surprise that a demo of Bulletstorm is about to get on Internet services to which the title is intended. It appears that the production in development at People Can Fly and published by Epic Games will be playable in demo starting next January 25th on Xbox Live and PlayStation 3. This file should allow access to the mode called "Echo", one of three planned by the developers.

Just a FYI, Echo is the single player campaign mode with the story line removed

This makes me very happy, contented and at peace with all mankind, even the fluffy bunnies and the birds twittering in the trees.  ;D

*Fiach does the happy dance*  8)

Art Blade

Quote from: Fiach on January 14, 2011, 02:16:57 AMIt would appear we have two Bulletstorm threads, one in War and Combat and one in Sci-Fi and Fantasy, as it could suit either forum, maybe they could be merged together into just of them to save confusion please?  :-X

Since deadman started the first topic, I merged yours into his. Done  :) :-X

By the way, before starting a new topic in either child board of Other Games, please check the index (the treasure chest on the front page game logo selection leads there) and use CTRL+F ("find") to check if the topic already exists. Cheers :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Cheers mate  :-X

Looked at that, what does "Child Board" mean, I would never have considered even looking there lol  :-D

Art Blade

it's a subdivision of a board, in this case we have Other Games (basically an empty shell) and three child boards "beneath" Other Games. It's like a tree structure:

- Other Games
-- Fantasy and Sci-Fi
-- Race and Flight
-- War and Combat

:)

Fiach

Ah, colness , thanks :)

Art Blade

welcome :)

The reason behind it is to sort "other games" a little, a rough structure to keep things simple. Right now we have 101 games in those boards, and that means 101 topics plus a few that are somehow related to other games but don't deal with a particular game, which means a lot of pages with a lot of topics.. not really suitable if you want to check out a specific game. Also, there are a few games that still don't fit in the rough structure, those can still be found in "other games" rather than in those child boards. So we have the index to find and jump to any game we have discussed :)

PZ

Wow, 101 games!  I knew we had quite a few, but it is easy to forget exactly how many we have - it is quite an Art to keep it all sorted - thanks, and definitely deserves a "thumbs-up"  ;)

Fiach

Preorder info :

The Bulletstorm Epic Edition also includes bonus content. You get additional 25000 XP and a lot of upgrades for various ingame items (boots, armor, carbine).

Skill kill video ... erm its a bit rude  >:D

http://www.trueachievements.com/n2717/bulletstorm-preorder-trailer-released.htm

mmosu

I've been watching these videos, and honestly, the game reminds me of Borderlands a little bit.  I think it's the bandit-like look of some of the enemies, their armor and gear looks like it was cobbled together from stuff they scavenged.  Obviously a dark sense of humor too  :-X

Art Blade

hehe, reminds me of BL too :)

and PZ, cheers :)

Fiach

Yeah I think in my first post about it, I mentioned that it also reminded me of BL too :-X

Good minds think alike.... :)

Art Blade

mmosu

BL fans think alike too  :-D :-X

Fiach

I saw many people playing the game, and every single person had a different playthrough time. I know that some people may consider "it depends on the person" as a way to avoid the answer, but what can I do when it's really true?..

However, what I can tell you is this:

1. The game is of a very decent length. I have never met a person/tester who said it's too short (apart from people wanting more just because they loved the game and wanted it to never stop).

2. I believe that the game has extreme replayability. I know many people never finish games, even those they love, let alone play it again. But if you like Bulletstorm, I guarantee you that you're going to like playing it the second time. If I can recommend something, it would be: finish the Single Player, play a lot of ECHOES or ANARCHY, replay the Single Player. You will see how different your experience will be - and both times you'll have a lot of fun.

3. Playing on a harder difficulty level changes the way you play the game. It's not "I have less health, so I have to stay in cover longer" kind of deal. It's "I need to be better at this s***, I need to maximize my Skillshots, I need to play wiser" kind of deal. Just last month I have finished the game on the hardest difficulty mode for the very first time, and I was blown away by the experience.

However, DO NOT start with the highest difficulty on your first playthrough. I don't doubt your skills, I'm sure you can play Contra with TV turned off - BUT Bulletstorm really is different to other shooters, and you should use the first playthrough to understand why, and only then attempt the impossible

One of the devs commenting on the length of the game.

deadman1

And the demo is console only  :D

Art Blade

Fiach

Well, you get the mods, we get the demos, its a karma thing I guess  ;D

mmosu

Art Blade

Fiach

If you are interested and can avail of it, Bulletstorm is available as a demo on XBOX LIVE, it possibly is also available on PSN, I havent checked that.

On XBL it is ONLY available for GOLD Members, to me this is utter BS and because of this I wont be buying Bulletstorm on release, I'll but it a few weeks later when its reduced.

It galls me that they try to suck people into paying for XBL, by making demos like this only available to GOLD members, when PC demos and PS3 demos (afaik) are totally free of charge.

deadman1

Quote from: Fiach on January 25, 2011, 02:50:36 AM
If you are interested and can avail of it, Bulletstorm is available as a demo on XBOX LIVE, it possibly is also available on PSN, I havent checked that.

On XBL it is ONLY available for GOLD Members, to me this is utter BS and because of this I wont be buying Bulletstorm on release, I'll but it a few weeks later when its reduced.

It galls me that they try to suck people into paying for XBL, by making demos like this only available to GOLD members, when PC demos and PS3 demos (afaik) are totally free of charge.

Well that´s micro$oft for you, I don´t think that was the devs idea  >:((

Fiach

Absolutely not, its free on PSN later today apparently.

Tags:
🡱 🡳