Call of Pripyat Complete

Started by RedRaven, April 28, 2011, 11:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

The Fantastic people who brought us Shadow of Chernobyl Complete have flexed their fingers and worked the same magic on Call of Pripyat.

It can be found HERE in both EXE and Manual instal versions.

The images below are taken from the Vanilla, or Un-modded version of the game on a basic Medium setting with no tweaks.

[smg id=3252]

[smg id=3253]

The two images below are with the same in-game graphics settings running the game with the COMPLETE mod.

[smg id=3254]

[smg id=3255]

As you can see if on low-medium graphics settings there is a considerable improvement with the Complete mod, even when you take into account the fact that it is raining and overcast for the Complete screens (That's good old random weather generation at play for you)

Will play about at tweaking my graphics and see just how much improvement it gives on higher settings. Current PC is not as good as the Gaming machine that died on me :(
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

looks like it could use a colossal explosion to make it look like it used to  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:-D

That does make quite a difference, more vibrant :-X Well, as vibrant as a radioactive wasteland can get :-() I like the improved detail on that stalker :-X

RedRaven

Some screens taken with the graphics set to maximum.

First two from the Vanilla version.

[smg id=3258]
[smg id=3259]

Next two with the Complete Mod.

[smg id=3256]
[smg id=3257]

My current GPU is clearly not good enough to handle it properly. In the vanilla game there is very little improvement. The Complete mod however improves all the shadows and textures. On the second screen was trying to catch a shot of lightning, but tricky to get right due to lag, nearest I got was the eerie white glow in the clouds.

One of the biggest improvements I noticed in both Low and High graphics settings was the foliage textures making the trees and bushes look better, and if its following what they did with SoC Complete then you can expect to see the same kind of improvements with NPC's and Buildings too.

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Excellent comparison and contrast - the before and after are dramatically different.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳