So, FC2 or FC3 ?

Started by durian, September 10, 2013, 12:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: JRD on November 26, 2013, 04:16:19 AM
...I still can't believe you can't kill a shirtless guy with a .50 round square to the chest at 3 feet distance...

Two words, JRD: modded AS50  >:D

Quote from: JRD on November 26, 2013, 04:16:19 AM
...n FC2, as soon as I finished one mission I was already thinking in so many different ways of playing the same mission again... different loadouts, going as stealth as possible at night, Rambo mode, placing IEDs and clearing my way through... the list goes on and on. In FC3 I played some missions where I felt relieved it was over... too linear and not so many room for improvisation.  :-(

My thoughts exactly!  I recall not being finished with one play through and already planning which "buddy" I was going to be next, and how I was going to w@&k my way through the world.

JRD

True

I think that replay value is the most important aspect of a game in my opinion and thinking about how I am going to do that last missions next time I'm playing it shows how hooked I was in FC2.

So, yeah... FC2 is my choice over FC3 for sure!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

nexor

What cheeses me off about FC3 is the fact that you can hide behind bushes and trees in the dark so effectively that a pirate can walk past you within arm's length and not notice you.
But then, just shoot one of the pirates in the outpost with a silenced gun and the whole world, choppers and all zoom in on you like you wearing a flashing beacon on your head.
Buck's missions became a bit boring, on my last play through I decided to do all the towers, liberate all the outposts before doing any of the missions so once you done all that the Island becomes too damn civilized.
With my knowledge and experience of the African bush and it's wildlife, the FC2 devs did a brilliant job except in the way wild animals behave.
There are a few other things I like about FC3, gun choice, no restriction on movement and I also found the vehicle controlling a touch better than in FC2
FC2 will be my choice as well       :-X

PZ

My internet service went down last night so I fired up games that would w@&k without a connection.  FC3 was one of them, but it did not hold my interest more than a few minutes before I switched to JC2.

The gloomy African music, environment, and merc jabber of FC2 will in all likelihood never be replicated.

fragger

I agree with you both :-X

Allow me to add one more word - GLAT >:D

PZ

nexor

Quote from: fragger on March 16, 2014, 09:49:43 PM
I agree with you both :-X

Allow me to add one more word - GLAT >:D

:laugh:  :bow

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on March 16, 2014, 09:36:32 PMdid not hold my interest more than a few minutes before I switched to JC2.

Which one was it, then?  8-X :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

It actually was JC2 - I didn't want gloom and doom that evening, and wanted to see some of the funny antics of the faction buddies as they would hang off the vehicles shooting at the government men  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Maybe it is the FC2 shirt I am wearing but I want to play FC2 again i.e. continue the campaign. If it were not for the Jackal-Tapes glitch :/

PZ

Quote from: TheStranger on April 08, 2014, 05:19:40 AM
Maybe it is the FC2 shirt I am wearing but I want to play FC2 again i.e. continue the campaign. If it were not for the Jackal-Tapes glitch :/

It's too bad you don't have the pre-update version of the game.  The glitch was introduced in one of the later updates.  I actually never had any kind of problem with the game until I did the updates (PS3 and PC versions)

TheStranger

Oh I have that version but then you can't play with mods :/

PZ

Quote from: TheStranger on April 08, 2014, 12:48:45 PM
Oh I have that version but then you can't play with mods :/

True - I forgot about that little detail.  Overall, I'd rather play with modded FC2 anyway.  Because I'm a rather lazy gamer, I've set mine up so I have all weapons available in the shop, and each costs only one diamond apiece  :-()

I also like to use the modded AS50 (silent and with farther range) and the high jump cheat so I can get to otherwise inaccessible places.  Lots of fun changing up the way the game works - almost like having a new game.

nexor

What I like about FC2 is that the game is as exiting with or without any mods, modding it just makes it that more fun

PZ

Quote from: nexor on April 09, 2014, 04:32:56 AM
What I like about FC2 is that the game is as exiting with or without any mods, modding it just makes it that more fun

:-X

nexor

At last I loaded FC2 onto my new rig last night, and obviously I had to go to Africa, saw my a$$ twice during my first mission    ::) :D
Good to be back in Africa    :-D

PZ

Way to go, nex... still my favorite environment.  If FC3 had been set in Africa, I just might have played more.

TheStranger

Quote from: nexor on April 10, 2014, 10:33:29 AM
At last I loaded FC2 onto my new rig last night, and obviously I had to go to Africa, saw my a$$ twice during my first mission    ::) :D
Good to be back in Africa    :-D

Indeed. I also continued to play FC2 and it's really more aesthetic than FC3. Also I love the jamming weapons and that the game is simpler, more straight. Ha good old FC2.

That doesn't mean that I don't love FC3, but I played it not nearly as many hours as FC2.

PZ

Quote from: TheStranger on April 16, 2014, 04:22:32 PM
... Also I love the jamming weapons and that the game is simpler, more straight. Ha good old FC2.

I agree - lots of gamers complained about the jamming, malaria, and other characteristics that are not part of most games.  Although the rusting was a bit fast for my taste, I really did not mind it that much, nor the malaria - it just meant that you needed to keep track of both your and your weapons "health"

I recall gamers at the time were also lamenting that there were not more animals in FC2, which is a feature obviously installed in FC3.  I've mixed feelings about the animals - I don't mind their presence, but I personally have never been too fond of crafting, and the requirement to find certain skins to craft pouches is a bit beyond my tastes.

TheStranger

Hmm I play FC2 with a mod so the weapons don't jam too often (vanilla jamming was a but too much). I actually like the crafting but I think there are too much animals in FC3, it's like a walk in the zoo sometimes and that feels kind a strange.

PZ

Quote from: TheStranger on April 17, 2014, 06:22:12 AM
Hmm I play FC2 with a mod so the weapons don't jam too often ...

Same here; my current mod has removed the malaria and the weapon disintegration.  Way back when I first started playing FC2, those didn't bother me, but now that the initial novelty of the game has worn off, it sure is nice to play without degradation and malaria - makes for quite a different experience.

nexor

My only gripe with FC2 is the dev's portrayal of the animal behaviour.
Some animals are disoriented at night when you shine a light on them yes,
but not like in FC2, and most definately not in daylight

PZ

I remember there was a herd of really stupid zebras as you headed north toward Sepoko - virtually every time I traveled that road I ran one of them over.

There were also really stupid animals off road as you headed north toward TaeMoCo mines - just standing there while you ran them over.

I have a new politically correct term for stupid: sluggish cognitive tempo disorder

Art Blade

Oh? I only knew "mentally challenged" or, more picturesque, "one fry short of a happy meal"  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳