Weapons choice

Started by retiredgord, March 23, 2009, 05:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Ok everyone.  I'd like to see some feedback from y'all on this subject.  I carry the AS50 Sniper (for those distant gift deliveries), the Mac 10 pistol for fast close personal encounters and the M249 SAW for some punch.  I know this is noisy Rambo stuff but first time thru and I prefer some stopping power.  I just hope new releases provide the player to clean/oil the weapons in  safe house.
Anyway, folks, what are other choices you have made.
Thanks for the feedback.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

spaceboy

The loadout I gravitate towards is AS50, small grenade launcher (above IEDs), and the crossbow (this was a DLC weapon avail for PS3 and xbox360)  This is THE Rambo weapon - a crossbow with exploding arrow heads.  Wicked.

Other favorites are flamethrower (great for close combat), sawed off shotgun (also a DLC weapon), and the UZI.  I'm also a liberal user of grenades and molotovs obviously.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Interesting how we all can differ in our weapons sets - most likely related to how we play the game.  Here's my history:

• When I first started playing: Dragunov, Mac-10, Dart
  • Approximately 4-5 plays through I switched the Mac-10 to the 6P9, but kept the two snipers.
  • Now: Golden AK - great reliability, excellent stopping power, still 6P9 for sneaking in to do head shots, and still the dart for long range silence.

JRD

My loadouts has been carefully tested through my first go on the game to fit my gaming style, maybe they don't fit yours.
My favourite is
1W - Dragunov, sometimes just wound... sweet
2W - M79 Grenade launcher - excellent against enemy jeeps and you always can blow other stuff up, or IEDs, excellent against convoys and funny to make car bombs!
SW - PKM - Never run out of ammo and has great reliability. It only jammed once with me after I pulled 3 or 4 missions on a row. In Bowa I get the SAW
Variations are:
1W - AS50 / AR16
2W - UZI / MAC 10
SW - Any rocket launcher
or, the stealth kit:
1W - MP5 SD
2W - IEDs
SW - Dart rifle
On my current game I was using the 6P9, pzrzao's favourite, and enjoyed it a lot. Just waiting to get the Eagle .50, the most powerful firearm in the game.
The flame thrower, Mortars and MGL are also funny to play with but I only pack those for a specific purpose, not as a standard loadout.
Hope it helps...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spearhead_22

Well, I've been using the following combo:

Dragunov, 6P9 and Dart Rifle
These three works great if you want stealth! And oh, the good old machete as well as a few grenades comes in handy too.
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

Ricamundo

This time i've been using the Golden AK..untill the damn thing started jamming on me in the middle of a skirmish @ less than 23% into the game. :'( So i switched it out for one of my old faves, the MP-5. So atm its the MP-5, 6P9, and dart/IED/Rocket Launcher, depending on the mish, but usually the dart.

I've briefly tried the Dragunov, but it has a big recoil.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

That's interesting about the golden AK - I've used it twice now into the southern district.  However, I use it in short bursts (kind of like the AR-16) so not many rounds through the barrel - that might have something to do with longevity.

Midway

On the Northern Map I mainly use G3KA4/Silenced MP5, Dart Gun, and 6P9.  On the Southern Map I mainly use FAL/Silenced MP5, Dart Gun, and 6P9/Eagle.  Exceptions is the Weapons Barge mission where I use Dragunov/PKM/M79 and Endgame where I use the AS50/SAW/M79 with fresh guns in my weapons crate to change to after the Landing Zone.

PZ

Man that barge mission is brutal, especially if the mortar and RPG mercs are still alive...

That's still one place I use a sniper, Dragunov in my case because I enjoy the rapid rate of fire and low recoil.  I usually start by manning a grenade launcher to get the mercs on the banks of the lake and then use the sniper to find the mortar/RPG guys.

Dweller_Benthos

Well, since I'm not all the way through it yet, this may change, but probably not much. Once I can afford the M79 Grenade Launcher, I get it, only to be swapped out with IEDs on rare occasions. Primary is always a sniper, starting with the 1903 and working up to the AS50. Special slot is usually the PKM, some rare times, a rocket launcher of whatever type I can afford at the moment, but that's pretty much the loadout. In the crates I keep a gold AK47, IEDs and a rocket launcher, and carry the M79, sniper and PKM 99% of the time.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Midway

Quote from: pzrzao on March 24, 2009, 10:36:24 AM
Man that barge mission is brutal, especially if the mortar and RPG mercs are still alive...

That's still one place I use a sniper, Dragunov in my case because I enjoy the rapid rate of fire and low recoil.  I usually start by manning a grenade launcher to get the mercs on the banks of the lake and then use the sniper to find the mortar/RPG guys.

Exactly why I use the Dragunov in that mission.  At first I use the front grenade launcher to take the guys out on each side of the banks and sometimes the RPG guy on the front far side of the lake.  Then I use the Dragunov to take out the RPG and mortar guys.  I don't like having to run back and forth fixing the engine when the guys in swamp boats are firing .50's at me.  Besides all that bending over is bad for my back  ;D

I then use the Dragunov/PKM/M79 combo to take out the boats and later help the buddy at the marina.

retiredgord

This is great.  I thought I would get one or two replies but all these ideas and choices have started me thinking of places to go and things to do. Thanks everyone who have posted so far.

JRD

Quote from: Midway on March 24, 2009, 04:19:33 PM
Quote from: pzrzao on March 24, 2009, 10:36:24 AM

Exactly why I use the Dragunov in that mission.  At first I use the front grenade launcher to take the guys out on each side of the banks and sometimes the RPG guy on the front far side of the lake.  Then I use the Dragunov to take out the RPG and mortar guys.  I don't like having to run back and forth fixing the engine when the guys in swamp boats are firing .50's at me.  Besides all that bending over is bad for my back  ;D

I then use the Dragunov/PKM/M79 combo to take out the boats and later help the buddy at the marina.

The Dragunov/PKM/M79 combo is specially usefull to help the guys in the marina. I just walk to a rock on the left side of the road that leads down the marina. From there you have an overview of the area and can take out the guys close to the barge with the sniper and blow up the guys close to the armory and Mike's. using the M79 After that, just walk down and finish the leftovers with the PKM.
Grenades and molotovs tossed from above also do the trick......

RedRaven

Dragunov SVD as Primary, Silent Makarov or I.E.D`s as Secondary. and Grenades / Molotov`s. dont use that many special weapon really, when i do its either Flame Thrower,  rifle of RPG-7. but if you got it the crossbow from fortunes pack is good.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

One of these fine days I'll be able to get my PS3 online long enough to get the DLC - can't wait...

Art Blade

Ricamundo uses my favourite loadout "MP-5, 6P9, and dart". Hello bro :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I'm using the dart / 6P9 a lot this time around.
But always have a loud primary in case I'm discovered and the MP-5 seems to be too weak for a serious gunfight.
The silencer makes it a less powerfull weapon and you have to use a full clip to put an enemy down!

Art Blade

I can take down up to 5 guys with one mag of the mp5 - unless they wear that sort of protection your avatar shows. Their heads can stand only so many rounds ;) But you are right, I have once emptied an entire clip at some bloke and he still got the better of me... note to self: caaaalm, stay calm, concentrate and go for their heads...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Definitely the 6P9 is my 99% of the time secondary, and the dart is with me 99.9% of the time.  My primary is usually the AK under ordinary circumstances.  However, some areas that have great sniper positions warrant either the Dragunov or the AS50 for long range hits on explosive items.  In those cases, I swap the 6P9 for a Mac-10 or Uzi.

The only other secondary I use are the famous IEDs - used whenever I want to be a bit creative.  Oh, for those of you without the DLC, you can load IEDs onto an ordinary coupe easily found near Port Selao and drive this car bomb past the concrete barriers into the center of town.  Be careful not to run over any of the town guys though - that will set off an alert!

Zomby Woof

I love this question, always good to hear what the veterans are playing with.  As for me, it's usually the Dragonov, Uzi, and Dart Rifle.  In the north I usually switch between the 6P9 and Mac-10, but I have to say I favor the Mac as I always like to have one automatic weapon.  In the crates I keep an extra dart, Silenced Shotty, and IED's.  Of the bunch, the dart is deffinatly my favorite.  If only you could carry more than 10 rounds with it  >:( .  Oh well, it's still awesome!

Ricamundo

Yep the MP-5 is an old friend, same with the dart. As for the other sniper rifles, i just can't warm to them. The 6P-9 is nice too, but you really need to be on top of the guy( i always attack crouched, even after i've been spotted).

Last time thru, I really got to love the USAS-12. Damn, you can blow the mercs right off a gun truck in one burst, and drive off with the spoils. Only thing is you don't get to buy the darned thing till quite late in the game, one of my peeves about FC2.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I just did the mission where I needed to go to Sepoko to kill the two faction leaders and decided to take an AS50.  Shot up a couple of flammables starting fires which flushed out a few - did them away with the sniper.  Then one funny guy thought that he'd hide behind a rusty steel barrel - the .50 went right through the thing and the merc as well - had never tried shooting the mercs through objects before.

retiredgord

This might be of interest to some who love to save ammo. If in a situation where you notice two mercs lined up with a flammable object (propane tank, acetylene, whatever) the shot usually goes thru both and hits the tank and WHOMP!!!  You wish them a late and forever last birthday.
My best spot is the gp to the East of the fort in the North just as the road narrows. There is a tall cylinder  halfway in which when hit (stay back by the intersection) does a rocket  trip lighting up a few spots.  I got really lucky once and took out the whole gp with one shot  and the resulting fire.  I wish I could have captured that on video.

Art Blade

I noticed that too, have two mercs lined up and shoot right through them. I first thought it only worked with that monster AS50 (double body hit) but the Dragunov may as well (double headshot). I never thought of a third, flamable object though... you are just my kind of breed there hehehe

JRD

I managed to do a double kill with the M1903 right at the beginning of my first playthrough. Beginner's luck... I never did it again!!!

Tags:
🡱 🡳