Lake Segolo mission - first one in the south

Started by PZ, October 27, 2014, 10:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I remember this mission being quite difficult, but it is a piece of cake with the silent AS-50 and the full auto AR-16.  It is easy to spot the sniper walking into view on the island in front of the boat, and even the mortar man is no match for the scope on the mighty AS-50.  You might need to watch it full screen on YouTube to see the distant targets

Google album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bnJ8NNCjg0#ws

Dweller_Benthos

You sure taught that post & ammo box a lesson with that grenade, lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

:laugh: :-X

Couldn't have done it deliberately if I tried a hundred times.

Art Blade

hehe, nice grenade trick with the ammo box, PZ  :laugh: :-X

Also, incredible how you can just stand there with hundreds of bullets zipping around you, your blood level dangerously low, gun desperately needing a reload.. and you: calm as a coma.  :laugh: :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

mandru

Nice run.  :)

I always make that trip atop the pilot house for an easy 360 view but having the modded AS50 at that point in the game taking that position probably make for a pretty boring passage.  The swamp boats once you take them out always reappear from behind the barge but can't respawn if you are looking at them.

Come to think of it I can't recall ever making that crossing facing the front of that old scow.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Dang, I never thought to perch atop the pilot house!

fragger

I like the nonchalant grenade tosses at the mercs in the rocks just after the start - chuck the grenade then turn your back :-X It's like, "Here, you clowns, take this - now excuse me, I have things to attend to on the other side of the channel" :-()

PZ

:laugh:

It was a funny moment - I could hear all the arrrrrgggggs behind me as I turned  >:D

nexor

I notice your AR-16 magazine only take 30 rounds PZ, when I modded mine I increased it 90, man, is that thing lethal  :-D 

PZ

Quote from: nexor on October 29, 2014, 10:21:59 AM
I notice your AR-16 magazine only take 30 rounds PZ, when I modded mine I increased it 90, man, is that thing lethal  :-D

That's a good idea, nex - I might have to go in and change the magazine size - if I can remember how to do it that is!

Art Blade

nexor, you're a beast -- those poor mercs :)

by the way, I prefer the top of the pilot house, too.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Me too. Only once I misjudged the jump onto the roof and fell overboard. I had to swim after the barge and was yelling, "Hey, wait for me" in my real voice :-() Fortunately that thing moves at a snail's pace and I caught up with it and climbed back on board. But by then the barge was just emerging from the channel and I had the mercs in the rocks all over me while I was trying to get myself back together. A funny time :-X

PZ

Art Blade

nexor

PZ

Very nice, nex!

I want one of those  >:D

I just have to figure out how to edit my files again  :-\\

Art Blade

nexor

I kept record on how all the mods were made just in case I need it later on, big deal....... :-\\
now I can't find it, will keep on looking  :'(

edit........

This was done by Knightmare

All weapons appear to have these values (even the machete!). To change the M16 mag size to 90, you'd change the 88596C97 value from 1E to 5A. The C7DA96EA value is the ammo maximum on normal difficulty.

But I've now found a way to make this easier. The ammo values can be changed to normal numbers and thus made easier to edit.

Just change the type for the clip size and max ammo values from BinHex to UInt32, and convert the numbers from hexadecimal using Windows calculator. Like Art Blade said, use scientific view under XP, or programmer mode under Windows 7, and I dunno about Vista's calculator.
The last two values can be changed to Bool, and will be True for 01, or False for 00. In addition, the first value in this section (ammo name) can be converted to a proper text string, but decoding it is tedious. I had to do it char-by-char in XVI32 (a hex editor), as it wouldn't let me paste the hex digits. Getting the string wrong could break ammo compatibility between weapons. And the second value seems to correlate with ammo type, but I don't yet know exactly what it does.
Gibbed's ConvertBinary util will correctly compile the reformatted section, and it works right in game.

The second to last value seems to determine if the weapon requires reloading, or has a visible magazine capacity on the HUD. Only the flamethrower has this set to false.

Here's the ammo section for the AK-47 reformatted
<object hash="4FBDD114"> <!-- This is the ammo section -->
<value hash="AB258E09" type="String">assaultrifle</value> <!-- text string for ammo type -->                                                                                                                                                                           
<value hash="5957C8C7" type="BinHex">FC8267BC</value> <!-- this is the same for weapons with compatible ammo -->
<value hash="88596C97" type="UInt32">30</value> <!-- iAmmoInClip -->
<value hash="2A0F1CC2" type="UInt32">150</value> <!-- iMaxAmmoCasual -->
<value hash="C7DA96EA" type="UInt32">90</value> <!-- iMaxAmmoExperimented -->
<value hash="EF3C58C3" type="UInt32">90</value> <!-- iMaxAmmoHardcore -->
<value hash="DE33B3EC" type="UInt32">60</value> <!-- iMaxAmmoInfamous -->
<value hash="B72CF1A1" type="Bool">True</value> <!-- bUsesClips? -->
<value hash="6A9D69B4" type="Bool">False</value> <!-- bIsAmmoVisible? -->
</object>
It's doable to reformat every ammo section in 41_WeaponProperties to have a ready-to-edit version, but it would be very time consuming.

PZ

Art Blade

nice -- now I'll wait for you to finish editing and then for your next mod update / upload, PZ  :-D :-()

PZ

I hope I can find my original modified files - I would not want to start over!

Art Blade

I would have to which is why I'm eyeballing your mod.  :-D

PZ

There is a good chance I still have them because I have not changed my PC - we'll see!

Art Blade

anything to help motivate your PC to relinquish those files..? a hug..? kisses..?  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳