I can't believe how those f#^@%&$ NBC people decide to program the olympics!

Started by PZ, August 17, 2012, 06:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I'm only part way through watching my recordings, and have barely started track and field.  I can't believe how much time they devoted to water polo (dozens of hours) while their reporting of the triathlon was exactly 15 seconds long.  What a bunch of morons - game after boring game of water polo dragging on and on while if you blinked, you'd miss the triathlon bit altogether.

:D \:/

Oh well, off to the deck and grill some fish... and have a beer of course...  |-)) :-)) B-)

mandru

I know.  :o

Not only that they completely omitted the Silly Walk competition.  \:/
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

fragger

Jim di Griz

Water Polo is a sport that has always failed to be televised - hell, TV people knew this back when I played it in the 70s. It's boring to watch and fast, as you say PZ - conversely, playing it is a whole different thing  :)

Being in Vancouver for part of the Olympics, I found it strange to see the same event in a bar that we'd seen at the departure lounge at Heathrow twelve hours earlier - oddly enough it was the Triathalon.

Curiously, Canadian TV only seemed to cover the womens' events as every time we saw any (in a bar, usually.) Now, I don't follow the Olympics, so perhaps that's more down to the infrequent timing, but that's all we saw, including the boxing and soccer. The only event not a womens' event was one of Mr Bolt's track events.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

we have two main public service broadcasters (as opposed to comparatively few regional ones and perhaps 30 private ones) which share the copy rights and broadcast in turns. Every day and almost all day long, live, as long as it takes. They will also sum up the most important events and broadcast those during news programs.

In other words, we don't miss a bit.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Now, that's an idea, I wonder if I can sell it to the wife   ????

Art Blade

send her shopping and take advantage of the situation.. and go where you like it best :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

I was away on vacation at a place with no TV for most of the Olympics, so I missed everything. Saw some tidbits on the net now and then about how NBC totally messed up and tape delayed everything and even omitted or embellished some results to make more drama for the US teams. Typical. Didn't they last time have another channel like MSNBC carry all the stuff, at least a lot of it, in real time? Then only kept the popular stuff like gymnastics for the prime time main network? Did they do that this time? I'm completely out of the loop, I take it the Olympics are over now? LOL
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Yeah, they had two other channels - Bravo was exclusively for Tennis, and MSNBC did lots of coverage, but almost all of what I saw was traditional volleyball, water polo, and a handful of other events.  These sessions were up to 11 hours long with extensive coverage, but one of them was so bad, I fast-forwarded through at least 10+ hours to see anything other than water polo and volleyball.

Dweller_Benthos

Beach volleyball or regular? Now, women's beach volleyball is something to watch.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I like to watch women playing volleyball on the beach rather than watching beach volleyball.  :-D

fragger

PZ

:laugh: :-X

@D_B - regular boring non-sexy volleyball was covered the most  >:((

nexor

Tags:
🡱 🡳