Convoy #2

Started by retiredgord, November 12, 2009, 04:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Since I needed to check on upgrades and weapons I could purchase I decided to visit the friendly neighborhood gun shop in the south west and see what was in the armory. After I had got what I thought I might need I struck up a deal with the dealer to take out a convoy of "bad" merchandise, isn't all of it bad, that would be in route over in the east near the OGC. That looked like a good spot as there is a safe house and a gun shop nearby. Of course I'm not visiting the gun shop until after the mission if I need to at all.
    I left by bus and got a ride over to the bus stop near the Oasis and there persuaded an A/T crew to loan me their vehicle. After the accounts were settled I drove up the east side checking out for gems on the way. I think you can never have too many gems in your account. I found a bunch and kept off the road as much as possible.  I drove up to the east of a huge rock formation and stumbled across a diamond beside it and pocketed that one.
When I checked my maps I found that the convoy route was in a clock-wise direction and would go in front of a road to a safe house, near the gun shop, go west and then north to a road south of OGC. The route then brought it east and down towards the safe house again. In observing the passing I noticed the road is also patrolled down to the junction east of the safe house so I needed some planning to pull off this mission.
      I had an I.E.D. with me and after the convoy had passed I scooted from my parked A/T and went just up the road almost to the patrols end. I put down the bomb and left to get a good spot to see and from which to trigger the bomb. I worked my way around to some different spots and then not wanting to be seen I went up unto the rock face overlooking the road. When the convoy came along I triggered the bomb but unfortunately had not timed the explosion properly and I just damaged the lead vehicle. The others drove on by faster and I didn't get a chance to fire the RPG I carried. Oh crap, I had to try again. This time I went down and planted the bomb in a distinctive spot, the junction of the main road and the one into the safe house. I then went back down the road a safe distance. I didn't want to end up wearing a vehicle hat. My new position allowed me to see the bomb and the road as it curved back and joined up with this one.
     I didn't have to wait too long before I noticed, and heard, the sound of a laboring engine coming towards me. I saw the smoke through the trees and got ready for the fireworks. As the A/T came into the intersection I triggered the bomb and ended their worries of a vehicle breakdown. I readied myself for the truck but couldn't see or hear it. I moved out and over to the wreck and looked up the road and saw the truck coming, it too billowing smoke. I must have damaged it also. This time I first planted another bomb on the far side of the wreck and then I ran back and along the rock face towards the gun shop to agood observation spot. As the truck came cchchcchugging along and reached the wreck I gave them the same opportunity to join their mates. Well that was one nice explosion and I had finished the mission but not my plan. I grabbed the RPG and waited for the third part of the plan to come into view and played rocket tag with it and it got a new airborne record. Now I'm finished.
    Now I can ammo up, heal, rest or search for more gems or think of something else that's scathingly devious.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

"I didn't want to end up wearing a vehicle hat."  :-X ;D ;D ;D

Nice read, as always, my rather old friend  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Nice one, Gord, you do spin a good yarn ;D :-X :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳