Marty's arrival

Started by retiredgord, November 06, 2009, 09:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Arrival in Hell, Level 1

Damn Malaria. Just getting into this country made me sicker than a dog eating a skunk's rear. The drive in the taxi was a mix of New York hack driver and African speak with not much being understood of the second. The driver is a likable person but one wonders how long he'll be in business. Maybe it'll only be as a beer delivery serviceman. The trip was slow and long and the only plus side to this mission seems to be the beautiful scenery, the part not burning or rusting or blown up. As we got near the town of Pala, my destination in this mission to find and kill the arms dealer known as The Jackal, I felt faint and sick and knew that the malaria was really kicking in now. I arrived at the hotel and I blacked out.
       Upon starting to regain my wits I was surprised to see a man reading my papers and going through my stuff. I was sure he was not part of the Welcome Wagon group. As he spoke to me when he knew I was awake he talked about my mission and I knew HE IS THE JACKAL. Great, I'm helpless as a babe and the kingpin of the death supplies is in the room with me. He yaks on about what's going on and leaves. I blacked out again.
       I awoke to the sound of explosions and gunfire outside the hotel. I crawled out of bed and made my way towards the dresser where my pistol was laying. An explosion rocked the hotel bringing down some walls and what looked like some of the roof. I tried and got out of the room and then tried to crawl out a window to escape the street battle several times but the malaria caught up to me again. I blacked out but heard voices before the dark overwhelmed me.
      I awoke with a tile floor beneath me and a smell of something not quite fresh.  Fresh Fish says the sign and I don't believe what I read. This guy Carbonelle told me I cost him some men today in town but  I don't know how I accomplished that feat and I'm to w@&k off his favor of saving me by doing some w@&k for him. My first task was to get armed and I picked up a pistol, a G3-KA4 and a RPG7. My next thing was to help myself to some of the syrettes and heal myself to get up to full health. He told me to get out of the building and fix the Datsun outside and when I was ready I was to do one more thing for him. That task was to go to outpost down the road that has been annoying to this guy and take out the mercs occupying it. Ok I think that shouldn't be too hard and away I go.
     The drive was relatively quick and I stopped short of the outpost to I could do some recon. The tenants of the outpost were dispatched after a short firefight. I got a phone call saying I did ok and that he could pay me for other jobs needing to be done. I was told to go back to the camp and he'd fill me in on details. I returned and got a chance to pick up my first pay , which should only be in diamonds, by finding a case lost somewhere on the property. I had a locator on my GPS unit and off I went hunting. I soon found them and now I had 10 diamonds to my account. Carbonelle then informed me he wanted me to go down the road a bit further to the Lumber Camp and check out the outpost here. Apparently there is another foreigner there that they would like to have released. Another somewhat easy task I thought at the time.
    I drove down to near the entrance and saw a small path that would overlook the camp and if I did this right I could locate all the details of the defense by using the monocle. I snuck up to by the logs and got the info I needed. The phone rang and I was told to break out the person and clear the camp. I looked around and saw that there was a little shelter off to the right that gave me a good view of the camp and I snuck over there and waited. Soon a merc on patrol walked down towards me near the middle of the road by himself. I had a good view of the others further back so I shot him knowing the others would come to check things out. Sure enough the Lemming instinct started and they started to run towards my position and I greeted 2 with a round from the RPG. I sent another up towards the buildings and moved my position. I moved over to the left this time and crept along the base of the rock wall below the logs where I first was located. I crept into the camp and noticed two mercs were down near my former position and I let another round go at them. One was killed and the other scooted away. I waited a bit and he came over to check on his mate and caught another round. Things now seemed quiet. I wandered about and saw a diamond located nearby and then went to the structure marked on the map.
          I went in and heard a lovely voice asking to be let out of a back room. I went over and opened the door. She was a vision in this God-forsaken country. She informed me was grateful and I looked sick and should get myself over to Mike's Bar to try to find medication. The thought had crossed my mind that I would need meds but I did not know how to get them at this time. We parted and I went back to get the car and headed into Mike's for some meds. At Mike's there was a Gunshop and I went in to get a manual to fix my weapon. I went over to the bar and met Michele, the woman I had released, and Rueben, a journalist. He gave me his story and told me I might get meds in the church in town or from the Underground movement. No payments were required other than some of my gun skills. That's good a favor for a favor. I met Flora who happened to be in the bar when I arrived. *  Now I guess is the time to go into town, seek out the priest and get something to keep my health up. I did that and got some pills to hold me over until I could get more. Then it was time to seek out Carbonelle's boss, one Gakumba, and see about getting some w@&k.

* Just as a point of info, the vid card had froze up two times during the first play and Ihad at one point Jossip listed also. I had to shut down and re-boot when the screen really lagged to much to play. When I re-booted the second time some of the game had changed. I don't know what happened as far as Flora appearing. The second time Jossip was not listed and the game played fairly smoothly although a bit slower in movement than the PS3. Some of the above is a compilation of both tries so it is not 100 % accurate. Hey you can forgive an old guy for that, right?
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Quote from: retiredgord on November 06, 2009, 09:58:59 AM
... Some of the above is a compilation of both tries so it is not 100 % accurate. Hey you can forgive an old guy for that, right?

Right - all in the name of fun, Gord - good story and fun read  :-X

KingRat

Well played Gord, nice read  :-X

fragger

:) Hey Gord, welcome back to the Dark Continent!

Great read, as always :-X

retiredgord

Thanks all, glad to be back and shootin again.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

hey gord, nice to see you have re-enlisted :)

Good read, and no worries about inaccuracy :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳