Krieg the Psycho (New Vault Hunter!!!)

Started by mmosu, March 28, 2013, 06:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

A number of Borderlands 2 announcements have come out of PAX 2013, with possibly the biggest being the official reveal of the sixth playable character for Borderlands 2 - Krieg the Psycho! All evidence so far points to a high risk/high reward skill tree and play style - i.e., Krieg rewards you for playing like a reckless idiot. His action skill sends him on a buzz-axe rampage (he can strike with or throw them) that spatters blood all over the screen and provides the melee-oriented aspect of his skill tree. Another skill replaces "fight for your life" with "light the fuse", which allows you to move normally and suicide bomb an enemy to gain your second wind. Other element-oriented skills buff Krieg when he is on fire, which could lead in to some very interesting team dynamics of other players pouring fire damage into Krieg to create a raging juggernaut  >:D  Other footage also teases fire breath and possibly changes to Krieg's arms that make him resemble the asymmetrical look of badass psychos. Basically, he is a walking tribute to all the annoying tactics that bandit psychos have been using on us since Borderlands 1 - oh, and he does it while screaming bandity one-liners all the while  :-X  I for one can't wait to cut loose with a buzz-axe rampage of my own, because (as much as I hate to say it) this guy makes Zero look somewhat . . . well . . . tame!  :o ??? :'(

At any rate, here's some footage for you all to judge for yourselves:
Borderlands 2 - 6 Minutes of Krieg Gameplay - PAX East

Binnatics

:laugh: "Gun confetti!!!"

Man, they found yet ANOTHER REASON to play and keep playing borderlands!!!!!!!

Great footage, lovely character!
These devs are such badass cheaters themselves that they create a game where it's absolutely unnecessary to cheat for anybody :o :-X :-X :) :) :) >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Fiach

Would you believe I still havent got around to playing this <b>Sad Bunny Face</b> :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Fiach, you reminded me of Miquel Brown, "so many men games, so little time" :-D

the music video

Nice find, mmosu  :) BL is one of those games worth remembering (and replaying) :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Never heard that song before Art, thanks for thoughtful linkage :)

Art Blade

welcome mate :) Oh and funny enough, I was in the UK when that song was popular 1983 so it was there when I first heard it in a club :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Agreed Binn  :-X  I liked the little "peek behind the curtain" they gave in the video there, showing the testing area where these characters are born. The door he went through had a sign with a guy holding a gun on it, but another sign had a skag on it, and a third may have been a Hyperion loader or something like that, so it looks like that room is a little hub from which they can enter areas to fight any enemy type they need - a pretty cool trick  8)

Oh, and Fiach, you need to step it up man  ;) You had great feedback on BL1, I'm looking forward to more  :-X

Fiach

Quote from: mmosu on March 28, 2013, 01:42:09 PM
Agreed Binn  :-X  I liked the little "peek behind the curtain" they gave in the video there, showing the testing area where these characters are born. The door he went through had a sign with a guy holding a gun on it, but another sign had a skag on it, and a third may have been a Hyperion loader or something like that, so it looks like that room is a little hub from which they can enter areas to fight any enemy type they need - a pretty cool trick  8)

Oh, and Fiach, you need to step it up man  ;) You had great feedback on BL1, I'm looking forward to more  :-X

Cheers mate, but I tend to get distracted by RPG's alot, I just cant find the time to get enough immersion into new games, Tomb Raider was more the exception than the norm. I have a very embarassing backlog of new games, jesus I still havent even played Halo Reach yet :)

mmosu

As the release of krieg approaches, anticipation has kicked up a notch this week as psycho class-specific items have begun to drop during gameplay. I myself am currently in possession of a character skin and two, count 'em, two class mods for the yet unreleased character. I even saw a guy online who already has the Legendary Psycho class mod!  :o  The mechromancer was released ahead of schedule, so we will see if the coming days yield a firm date.

mmosu

Looks like May 14th is going to be the big date for Krieg's release, according to a just-updated entry on the Borderlands wiki. This character is highly anticipated, but I have a feeling that it's going to be another love it/hate it thing like the mechromancer was, especially since Krieg will essentially award players for reckless play, which is not everyones cup of tea. However recent details about his skill tree reveal many interesting possibilities that all seem all add up to a player that will dramatically increase chaos on the battlefield. Im looking at it as a cross between the gunzerker and the assasin, which happily are my top two characters. Only a week remains until I get to find out for sure!

Art Blade

perfect for you: play two of your favourite characters at once  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳