Borderlands 2

Started by deadman1, February 16, 2011, 07:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

You should check out his other videos, he´s got a lot of really cool guns  >:D

http://www.youtube.com/user/FPSRussia

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on August 07, 2011, 11:51:49 PM
F me sideways, that dragon breath is breath-taking. ???
It's like shooting a giant sparkler at somebody!  ^+-+

I've always liked that mortar video too  :-X
Wierd thing is, FPSRussia is like the 23rd most subscribed channel on YouTube! And he's not even really Russian!  ???

Another example of a different ammo type:
Glock 17 Explosive Ammo!

Art Blade

I watched that vid before when I was checking his channel, hehe  :)

If he isn't Russian then he's doing a really good job imitating the accent, sounds always the same and no falling back to whatever his native tongue might be.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Yeah, he does a pretty good job.  I actually did some research after a friend of mine turned me on to his YouTube channel.  Turns out he's from the state of Georgia here in the U.S.  One reporter that interviewed him said he really sounds like a good 'ole southern boy.  I suspect he shoots the show from somewhere in Illinois, because one vid shows him playing paintball at CPX sports, which is just outside of Chicago.  It's definately not shot in Georgia, since some of the videos show snow on the ground.  Supposedly, the idea for the character comes from the days when he used to w%&k on a used car lot - one of the salesmen was Russian, and the inspiration for the character came from this guy's accent and the rediculous things he would say.  He started out on YouTube doing gameplay videos for Call of Duty and the like, and he would start out his videos by firing a real-life example of the gun he would be using in the game.  Pretty soon he realized people were responding more strongly to the real-life gun play, and the rest is history.  Supposedly, he has a really good relationship with a local gun dealer that will let him use whatever he wants.  :-D 

Art Blade

Sounds believable, thanks for the trivia  :) :-X

RedRaven

On the subject of weapons check out this Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Iraqveteran8888?feature=uploademail_ch

Have been watching his vids for a while now, does a lot of weapon modifications and the like. Some interesting stuff.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

Looks promising Red, I'll have to check it out when I have more time.

Anyway, listing lazily back onto topic, more details on BL2 are emerging:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1186690p1.html

...discuss... :-D

Art Blade

Binnatics

Quote from: RedRaven on August 09, 2011, 05:36:56 AM
Have been watching his vids for a while now, does a lot of weapon modifications and the like. Some interesting stuff.

It kind of reminds me when I was a kid going to the fireworks outlet just before newyearseve  ^-^
I like the "chainsaw shotgun" best. With these extra mags it would be true fireworks. Let them zombies come!!!  :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mmosu

RedRaven

Nice! Like how the gun in his left hand looks like it has a film reel for an ammo clip ;)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

Yeah, not yet sure what the deal with that is, but I do know Gearbox said all new weapons, so don't count on any old favorites being around for your destructive pleasure. 

Art Blade

looks as if the skags were new, too.  :-D

RedRaven

Quote from: mmosu on August 19, 2011, 12:34:18 PM
so don't count on any old favorites.

I think every time I got a gun with more damage and rate of fire it became my favourite. That was until the next one turned up anyway!

I hope they keep at least some, if not all of the random weapon  generation from BL1. It was an interesting and novel way of dealing with a players lust for destruction. :)

Art Blade

ninzza

I remembered someone created a BL 2 thread some time ago, I search it but I didnt find it so I have to make a new one here. BTW, the search function doesn't w%&k, I typed "Borderlands 2" but I always get the message"Each word must be at least two characters long."

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/32601/features/borderlands-2-15-things-you-need-to-know/

I like #10 (Better AI) and #13 (More varied environments) best. :-X :)

Art Blade

[admin]I found it and merged your post with the topic you were looking for.  :-()[/admin]

ninzza

You're genius, Art  ;D

Scans of the Game Informer's covery story.

http://imgur.com/a/5wdOJ#spDNT

Art Blade

mmosu

Quote from: ninzza on September 01, 2011, 02:39:12 PM
I like #10 (Better AI) and #13 (More varied environments) best. :-X :)

I like all of that the best!!!  >:D

JRD

QuoteThe best part is that your gun re-materialises in your hand after you throw it. It doesn't make sense, but then again nor does strapping a midget to your shield.

^+-+  :-X

I like number 12: Story missions are three times as big

BL gave me a lot of fun, does it mean I'll have three times more fun this time around?   >:D >:D >:D >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mmosu

Quote from: JRD on September 03, 2011, 09:34:20 AM
BL gave me a lot of fun, does it mean I'll have three times more fun this time around?   >:D >:D >:D >:D

Uh . . . yes!!!  :-()

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳