ahhhh... Rainier Peak

Started by Art Blade, July 10, 2009, 03:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Now that's what this game is all about... Mount Rainier. The first impressions here on this site, when spaceboy posted some of the very first pre-game screenshots, I thought wow. When I got the game, I wanted to take a look there, but no... you need stars. Stars you get by winning races. One star per level, ie 1 rookie, 2 expert, 3 legend. So I took it upon myself to win each race on legend, and so far failed only one.

58 races, 57 of which gold= 3 stars = 171 stars total (one race: nil... not been able to even win on rookie lol)

37 hours of in-game

2,000+ miles driven (170 of which not during races, but to catch mavericks, which gives you bonus vehicles)

42/75 vehicles owned

500,000+ credits ("fuel") surplus

And now the moment has come... :) Memorable moment.

[smg id=1002 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Now you're teasing.  Where is the Screenie????  You are so far ahead of me in the game...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

something like this? :)
[smg id=1003 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1004 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Nice, if was not having such a fantastic morning would probably of started grumbling at you both and in the general direction of Bill"give me all you hard earned money" Gates. But NO! not today. sun is shining, son is due home this lunch time after a week away, but best of All Finally managed to instal ARMA2 ;D ;D ;D , think i owe myself another dance round the house, all the while with a grin to put a chesire cat to shame.....
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Cool pics Art... sightseeing is a great addition to a racing game.

As I said before, it's a racing game, but what's the hurry?  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

Demo is for "Gold" members only, so I have to wait a few days to try it, game is being discounted here already, by 25%
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

hahaha JRD :)

I've just finished all career races on legend. Except the one I couldn't score, at least managed to win on rookie. Going to post about that one in the hardest race ever topic.

I've got all 74/74 vehicles, no career races left... well, there are loads of challenges left, but I don't need them for that career game. Now, I've got all the time to explore, cruise, enjoy... all vehicles... now the game is "open" for me. :)

Art Blade

couldn't leave it like that... finally won that last race too  :) :) :)

PZ

Cool.... I like to go hiking on Rainier from time to time

JRD

Departing from Tsunami Reef, headed east towards the Rainier Peak... A lonesome freeride, but I had to see it  8)

[smg id=1275]

There I was.....

[smg id=1272]

Boring, without any races or challenges!
What goes up, got to come down... and going down is the fun part  ;D ;D

[smg id=1274]

Fly on, baby, fly on...

[smg id=1276]

[smg id=1273]

[smg id=1277]

Took me a couple of hours to get there (i wasn't on a hurry and was collecting liveries and vistas)... be reached the foot of Rainier in no time ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

nice screenshots :) LOL, do you realise how funny this is "... going down is the fun part ... Fly on, baby, fly on... Took me a couple of hours to get there" when you then look at the pics, bright daylight when you start the flight down, and sunset when you finally started approaching the ground :) Looks like a really  long flight down  ;D  ;D ;D

JRD

Hahahahaha... now that you mention... it really seems I got down there on one straight flight!!!

No, not a hang glider but a quad, so.... I landed (crashed) a few times during the long way down  ;D ;D ;D

PZ

I probably need to see if I can unlock that area so I can visit - would be fun to see how it compares to the real thing  :-X

JRD

Thats the beauty of this game PZ... that area still locked to me as well... it means I have no races or challenges there... but I can free roam everywhere in the game  ;)

PZ

Cool - I must have missed that somewhere - thanks for the reminder!

spaceboy

yep PZ free roam is fully open, but you can't heliport to any helipads or to the camp.  So it could be an hour drive from say tsunami reef to rainer, but it's doable. 

Another option is to go online and start a race there and then just go off track and drive around (of course if anyone joins your race make sure they want to go with you lol)

When I did the endurance run we had to go through dustbowl city and I didn't have it unlocked so when someone fell offline we were to meet at the next helipad - only I had to drive there - so hopped on the mechhead bike and tore off into the sunset.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Tags:
🡱 🡳