game delayed

Started by spaceboy, May 26, 2009, 06:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

The game release has been delayed a week.  Now it's 6/2 for consoles in the US.  Still undetermined for PC (to follow soon) and 6/5 in the UK I believe.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Darn those software developers; get out hopes up only to sash them - sometimes I think that it is nothing more than a marketing ploy to ensure that we want the item so badly we'll be sure to purchase it!   ;)

spaceboy

Probably...I'm assuming though that this late in the game it has something to do with the MP servers or something  like that online because I'm sure the game discs have already been burned and mailed to the stores or at least their DCs.

JRD

Oh man...
Feel like Linus when the Great Pumpkin doesn't show up   :(

Well... back to GTA  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Well, I'm sure that you'll receive CD #1 spaceboy - your board will probably end up being the "in" place to be regarding Fuel!

Art Blade

reminds me of the calendar topic (the meeting is adjourned...)  ;D

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Right as rain Art!

spaceboy, have you penciled the release date into the calendar?  Might not be a bad idea to have all the projected game release dates listed in one place.

spaceboy

I tried this and it posts it in the calendar as well as a post in the forums.  Pretty cool so a discussion can follow and it has a link back to the calendar item.

PZ

Exactly - and you have a choice of which board to post the even to - it is also helpful because we might not always go to the calendar.  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

I seen today that my usual game store has re-posted the PC version for sale again.
scared me when they deleted it a week or so ago. that'd be futureshop in canada.
release june 25.  $39.99 because nobody would ever pay 40.   :P
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Amazon this morning reported the 23rd for the PC release date - I wonder if it will happen...

Art Blade

did they say which year?

RedRaven

proper p15535 me off when they promote a game and cant meet their own deadlines, bet they have the date its coming out to but publish dates that are before that as a marketing ploy. never been into racing games but Fuel just looks so damned good, got trailers for it on a playlist (along with OFP2 and ARMA2 which both look almost real)
Wish these companies would pull their fingers out of their buts and just release them...

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

soz guys, :-\
that was a bit of a misdirected rant ::)

oh and the Fuel maps are really nice spaceboy :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

That's OK dke58, we all have our moments of ire at what is forced upon us!  ;)

spaceboy

Quote from: dke58 on June 01, 2009, 10:42:00 AM
soz guys, :-\
that was a bit of a misdirected rant ::)

oh and the Fuel maps are really nice spaceboy :-X

no worries on the minor rant - I thought it was funny,

Thanks for the comment on the map.  I have to give credit to the guy who took the time to capture the screenies and post it here...

DKM2

lol, yeah, that was wayyy outta control. my heart turned cold...    :)
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

RedRaven

will do my penance later then :(

DKM2

Quote from: dke58 on June 01, 2009, 12:13:25 PM
will do my penance later then :(
couple of beers and a bit of FC2 should do the trick...

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on June 01, 2009, 12:13:25 PMwill do my penance later then :(

AWWwwwww!!! <hugs dke58> Tis alright, bro  ;)

spaceboy

still no game.  ship date, street date.  whatever.  I'm told tomorrow....

Art Blade

hmm... maybe the PC version is out earlier than the console version  ;D ;D ;D

RedRaven

according to play.com they got it in stock for Xbox and PS3, PC is still saying pre-order.

PZ

I'm going to check a couple of local retailers tomorrow.  Some have said the 2nd of June while others say the 5th.

Tags:
🡱 🡳