deadman1

This is what you´ll need in order to play FO:New Vegas

Windows XP/Vista/7
2Gb RAM
10Gb space on your HD
Dual Core 2.0 GHz och NVIDIA GeForce 6 series, ATi 1300XT series

The game has also been optimized for multicore processors.  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

deadman1

I´ll try and post the recommended requirements as soon as I can.

Art Blade

don't get a heart attack over it, take your time, deadman  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on October 05, 2010, 11:17:50 AM
don't get a heart attack over it, take your time, deadman  :-D

No worries  :-D

Art Blade

JRD

Not a demanding game indeed... I guess the producers (Bethesda?) are aiming to a larger audience and/or using the same engine with a few teaks
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ricamundo

I guess i can thank them for small mercies, since they seem to have acnowledged that a great many peeps still have XP OS's, but i am thinking that XP is on borrowed time, and by the end of next year, ill have to do something with this quickly aging box. :-[ If i want to keep trying new games that is.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

deadman1

Ricamundo

But i do!  :'(   only most new games seem to be the evil third person perspective, and dependent on DX10 eye candy to get some attention. :-D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

Quote from: Ricamundo on October 13, 2010, 03:37:49 AMBut i do!  :'(   

Now you're making me feel bad.

Anyway, you can try to find a suitable FPS or try to get used to TPS. I didn't like TPS but now all I do is check if the game itself is cool and then I don't care whether it is FPS or TPS. Same with RPGs or Action-RPGs.

By the way, I don't think we ever used the following expression: "RPS" which formed in my mind some time ago, I call those RPGs that involve TPS combat an RPS as in Role Playing Shooter  ;D

PZ

We need a dictionary of acronyms  :-()

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on October 13, 2010, 01:09:57 PM
By the way, I don't think we ever used the following expression: "RPS" which formed in my mind some time ago, I call those RPGs that involve TPS combat an RPS as in Role Playing Shooter  ;D

That's how 2K and Gearbox describe Borderlands!  ::)

Art Blade

JRD: Ah! Thanks for pointing that out. Perhaps I read it somewhere there when checking out BL and it stuck with me without noticing. Anyway, I like the expression :) No more RPGFPS or TPSRPG etc  ;D

JRD

Indeed... too many acronyms!  :-()

The term Role Playing Shooter actually is what better describes BL and hopefully will give raise to some more games in that genre!

I miss the action of a good shooter when I play any RPG but most shooters out there are just too dumb to be interesting. I guess the no-VATS mod in FO3 brought you guys to the level of immersion and the need to be a skillful shooter (or a lucky ba$t@rd, at least  ;D ) and that`s probably whant makes us FPS fans fond of a game, even if not a FPS!  ;)

Art Blade

You don't need a no-VATS mod. if you don't want to use VATS, just don't use VATS  :) Then again, more and more games feature something similar to VATS, most recent example is one of the abilities in ALPHA Protocol ("chain shot").

PZ

VATS is probably something they developed for players like me with slow reflexes  :-()  However, I have rarely used it because I forget of it's existence.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on October 14, 2010, 11:23:40 AMI have rarely used it because I forget of it's existence.

You do scare me sometimes, you know that?

;D

PZ

Many people seem to be telling me that lately  >:D

Art Blade

Do you remember who? ^+-+ 8-X :-()

PZ

^+-+  I can't say that I do!

Tags:
🡱 🡳