Help: DLC links for uncensored versions needed

Started by Art Blade, January 08, 2011, 08:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Here we go again. Apparently the Borderlands update servers "know" where I am (despite choosing "English" UK or US) and only offer this:

http://updates.gearboxsoftware.com/dlc/BorderlandsDLC1_Censored.zip

Please, can anyone of you go to https://store.gearboxsoftware.com/support/ and copy/paste those links to the four DLCs available there that are NOT censored?

I do have the proper code that came with my uncensored GOTY version to unlock them once I have downloaded them.

Cheers, guys :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

This is going to take a while.

Downloading 1.1 gigs isn't just done in two shakes of a lamb's tail. I'm currently downloading @690kb/s so it will take around 25-30 minutes.. and that's 1 of 4..  ???

whoa, they're all that big!  ???

Art Blade

Downloading the last file now. So far, around two hours, approximately another 45 minutes to go. The last download isn't as stable regarding speed.. differs from 690 to like 350.. probably now the rest of the world has started to frequent the net where the server is located.

Art Blade

Alright, got all four DLCs, installed them, registered them, and started to play the first one (works)  :) :-X

However.. considering that a retail version of the Game Of The Year Edition "with" all Expansions didn't include the DLCs but the "token code" to unlock them once the innocent and unsuspecting customer found out he had to download and install them first.. I have not exactly a slow internet connection, download speed around 690kb/s, it still took me nearly THREE BLOODY HOURS TO GET MY DLCs!  >:(( >:(

mmosu

That sucks Art, GOTY is off the table for me since you don't get a hard copy of the DLC's.  On the other hand, the last few posts were entertaining because I saw you ask and answer your own question in the span of a few hours, slap on the back time for you sir :-X  hopefully some more of your countrymen will stumble upon your "version research" and be helped by it.

Art Blade

yeah, here at OWG we do get answers quickly. This way or another ^-^

cheers, mmosu  :) And yes, my thoughts exactly, I hope they'll find it.

Fiach

I have the DLC's (ex Mooxie), but I was going to get the GOTY, so I would have a hard copy of them incase I couldnt get near the internet. I was lucky that a friend told me there were only codes in the box.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

In the end I was lucky, too, because I never do business on the net (which usually means: no DLCs and other stuff that can only be obtained over the net). Now I've got those DLCs which I wouldn't have got otherwise :)

However, this doesn't change the situation, selling codes along with an unpatched regular game version, making people download FIVE GIGABYTE and calling it "GOTY edition" still is a brazenness.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on January 09, 2011, 08:18:02 AM
However, this doesn't change the situation, selling codes along with an unpatched regular game version, making people download FIVE GIGABYTE and calling it "GOTY edition" still is a brazenness.

I'll say! 5 Gb DLC? Holy moley! How big is the GOTY itself? Somewhat less than 5 Gb, I'll wager.

Sorry to hear you ran up against the thought police yet again, Art >:(( At least you found a way to dodge them :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳