Borderlands GOTY Edition coming to Mac

Started by mmosu, December 02, 2010, 03:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

If there are any Mac guys out there worried that you'll never get to play Borderlands, the time for rejoicing is upon you  :-D

http://kotaku.com/5693567/borderlands-extends-its-boundaries-to-the-mac

RedRaven

I'm surprised more games do not make it on to the Mac. Good that Borderlands is spreading out and sucking more people onto Pandora. More players has got to mean a higher chance of more DLC or maybe even a second game with a load of DLC.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

I think a lot of games don't make it to the Mac because traditionally that's not where the gamer crowd has been, so they haven't bothered.  While that assumption may no longer be true, it seems like it's still largely the policy.  As far as more DLC, I look for a full sequel before I expect to see more DLC - CNRR made the plot come full circle, closed off most of the loose ends,
Spoiler
"killed off" a very important NPC, and heavily hinted at the possibility that the next game could even be on a different planet!

Fiach

One annoying thing about the console DLC's in the GOTY is that there is just a code to d/l the DLC, I nearly bought the GOTY to have a back up of the DLC incase I lost my downloads and couldnt access the internet to re-d/l it.

I would have preferred it to be like RDR Undead DLC or the GTA DLC that got actual retail releases.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

Reading this topic makes me smile, when I think I only paid €10,- for the entire GOTY.  ^-^
I just finished my first playthrough and wanted to start with the DLC's, before starting a second playthrough. Man, all the fun still to come ;)
And only a few months away is the release of Borderlands 2 :-() Damn, how well prepared I will be :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Seems as though I'm not the only member that's been in "catch-up" mode in the past few months  :-X

Binnatics

You're right Doc! And, damn, what a catching up to do in Pandora :o :o
I started the first DLC last week; General Knoxx's armory. Man, that is a game on itself! Never expected a DLC to be that big!!! If they are all that big I'm not sure if I'll complete the game before BL2 comes out :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Unfortunately, they're not all that big . . .
Knoxx, imho, is the best of the DLC, and although they were all noteworthy in one way or another, I spent a disproportionately large amount of time trying to mine pearlescent weapons from the secret armory. 

Binnatics

I haven't found 'the' weapon yet, or anything close. All weapons I find have something that satisfies me, but always a 'but': low fire-rate, small clip-size, no additional damage(corrosive, explosive, flammable or electrical) or not enough zoom or accuracy. I'll post the best guns I used until now. 2 of them are revolvers. One with explosive power and the other with static power. Both have 4.2 zoom and 6-clip capacity. (7 with additional XP-bonus).
One of them is definitely one of the 'blast repeaters' which has a highly flammable content. (it's orange, which means quite rear, and I found it during my first playthrough) It causes 132 damage and has good zoom (4.0 or something) and is damn fast. With additional ammo clip size it holds 15 bullets and sets any flesh-containing enemy on instant flames >:D

mmosu

You're not likely going to find any weapon that satisfies all of your needs, but that's by design, and it really shows the elegance of the weapons generating system at w@&k in the game.  Now of course with a little outside "help", you can craft something closer to an ideal weapon than anything you're likely to come across by chance, but I personally didn't start dabbling in the black arts of Pandora until I had a few vanilla playthroughs under my belt. 

Art Blade

I think I went for the little outside help rather early in the game and I can't say I regret doing it  :-()

mmosu

Might cause some to question your moral character!  :laugh: :-D

Art Blade

Question it? I didn't even know I had one  :-D

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳