immersive experience

Started by spaceboy, June 08, 2009, 09:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Great shot Art!  Although it may be a different forest - that's pretty much what I remember seeing.   too bad we can't free roam online together.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

finally managed to visit a vista point other than in a desert lol

[smg id=1016 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

After all, I realised there are only very few vehicles I keep using. One of the bikes I really like is called Valkyrie, an offroad bike which is quite fit for the environment. I drove around Big Cauldron's Edge and travelled to that vista point on the isle in the lake. From there I took a rough ride back to the dry parts. Not without finding various ways to get soaked to the bones... ;)

[smg id=1018 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1019 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1020 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

beautiful shots Art, I'm envious of the time you've had with the game

Art Blade

Thanks :) and about envy - how about you look at it this way: You're still eating the layer cake, enjoying every bite, and, while chewing, the look of the slab still throning on your plate. Me? Only done it before you. And if that doesn't help... I'm about to ask for the washing room any minute now  ;D

So I could be envious of the time you've still got ahead of you  ;)

Only I'm not  ;D

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on July 17, 2009, 08:35:48 AM
Thanks :) and about envy - how about you look at it this way: You're still eating the layer cake, enjoying every bite, and, while chewing, the look of the slab still throning on your plate. Me? Only done it before you. And if that doesn't help... I'm about to ask for the washing room any minute now  ;D

Only I'm not  ;D

I'll have a pint of whatever Art is drinking!  ;D
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JRD

Quote from: Fiach on July 17, 2009, 12:11:29 PM
Quote from: Art Blade on July 17, 2009, 08:35:48 AM

Only I'm not  ;D

I'll have a pint of whatever Art is drinking!  ;D

ROFL... make it two then  :-X  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

;D

lol, join me, then, boys  :-X

strawberry daikiri  ;D

YIIIiiiiiiiiii-haaaaaaaaa
[smg id=1031 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

by the way, the previous shot was taken on top of that dam in the background, on top of that arch are two small ramps you can jump across the gap.

[smg id=1032 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on July 16, 2009, 05:01:33 PM
beautiful shots Art, I'm envious of the time you've had with the game

[smg id=1033 align=center width=400]

PZ

Yes, indeed - beautiful shots - what still strikes me are the vivid colors

spaceboy

haha, thanks Art!  That's ok though, more fun for me to discover and unlock as I go along.  Like I said, part of my dismal progress has been my driving to each race and challenge instead of choosing from the menu and also the fact that I often just keep driving around aimlessly for fun...

Oh, and of course the fact that inFamous came out just one week prior to FUEL.  :) :-X

Art Blade

I did it the other way round. I unlocked everything so I had all vehicles and time to drive them across the map after the career. Good thing, if you chase the "challenge" doppler trucks, you can choose a challenge from the menu, and instead of racing just leave. Like that, you can use career and challenge races as heli pads to teleport to.

Now I'm discovering the landscape and all, found out that you cannot climb every mountain though. Even the strongest vehicles can't fly ;) Still, beautiful sights.

[smg id=1063 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

Although... sometimes you manage. The sight and colours are worth it :)

[smg id=1064 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1065 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1066 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

Once on top, one has to get down (one way or another). Sometimes I try to do it head over heels, and break my neck a couple of times... a lot of times... I didn't survive this downhill run, but hell, I did all the dying just for one cool screenshot. Here you go  ;D
[smg id=1067 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

three more screenshots for you :)

[smg id=1216 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1217 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1218 align=center width=400]

Jim di Griz

Just love all those screenshots - yes indeed, another good reason to get a PC - that and the Fuel: Refuelled mod.

If any of you get Edge magazine, look out for the Fuel article looking at how the game was made. If you don't have a copy, here's a link to the MyGamePages thread. I'm guessing as that's Spaceboy's site, putting up a link to it is okay?
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

a link to spaceboy's site sure is OK :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳